KW Forum Discussion

Fayt
Emperor's Retainer
Fayt
Emperor's Retainer

June 7th, 2008, 6:28 am #1

Post here if you would like to discuss any forum issue for public discussion, alternatively you could always PM any concerns privately to a relevant forum moderator, GM or admin.

We at the KW forum appreciate all forms of feedback, whether it be positive or negative, within reason of course.

Please note that this is not an opportunity to randomly whine or complain just because you can, please keep your discussions and criticisms as constructive as possible. Failure to do so may result in post modification, post deletion or even warnings should it occur on a regular basis.

Thanks in advance for noting the above and we hope to correct as many forum issues as realistically possible.

Red Knight
Emperor's Retainer
Red Knight
Emperor's Retainer

June 7th, 2008, 2:33 pm #2

Sometimes the "Site is unavailable" message appears on occasion. I usually have to close the site or click back.

LittleDragonZ
Supreme Warrior-Scholar

June 7th, 2008, 2:41 pm #3

You mean ''page cannot be displayed''? That happens with most connections when unable to connect. However, you might be referring to the server temporary being unavailable? It was for me for a few hours, and I guess it was just a slight issue:

Edit: [url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/koeiwarriors/index.php?showtopic=12261&hl=]http://z13.invisionfree.com/koeiwarriors/i...topic=12261&hl=[/url]
Interested in helping KW? Become a member of staff and sign up here.

Thanks Ae for the avatar.

SlickSlicer
Han's Unifier

June 8th, 2008, 1:55 am #4

I think member warnings or bans should be allowed to be freely discussed on the forum. Quit with the secrecy nonsense.

necrosis
Han's Unifier

June 8th, 2008, 2:09 am #5

lol@closing a complaint topic due to complaints

Anyways, this board has been slowing down day by day and giving me far more 404 errors, is this EVER going to be fixed anytime soon?
EVERYTHING BEGINS AND ENDS WITH SHUMA-GORATH, VILE FLESHLING SCUM!

(?へ`)(?へ`)(?へ`)(?д?)(?へ`)(?へ`)(?へ`)(?へ`)(одо)

Greatest :hey: :hey: :hey: Emote

Manji
Emperor's Retainer

June 8th, 2008, 2:18 am #6

[quote=SlickSlicer] I think member warnings or bans should be allowed to be freely discussed on the forum. Quit with the secrecy nonsense. [/quote]
What's there to really talk about though? You mean like being able to voice your opinion if you don't feel a member should have been banned? Because I don't think that will do much good, most likely it will just lead to a lot of unnecessary arguing, when a decision has already been made.

Also, a member who has been banned has a right to their privacy. I'm sure a banned (or warned) member wouldn't appreciate other members gossiping about them or something.
And if an individual wants to know why they themselves have been warned, that can easily be discussed via PM, there's no reason to advertise it all over the forum.

:: An homage to the greatest seiyuu ever.

:: Want to view images of Japanese memorials to the likes of Oda Nobunaga, Akechi Mitsuhide, Date Masamune and Takeda Shingen? Check out my album!

DrewTheDude-Dono
Han's Unifier

June 8th, 2008, 3:16 am #7

I pretty well agree and disagree with both of you. I find it pointless to discuss something of that nature when most people who get banned here deserve it anyway. But to say not to discuss it at all is a little silly and it's rather pointless to try and make people seal their lips on such a topic. All it really serves is annoyance to those who want to feel total democracy in this forum and don't like being disallowed to talk about a certain topic. So, yeah, I agree with Slick that you guys should stop with that crap.

Oh, and lolz at that topic for getting too much of what it's meant for...

Manji
Emperor's Retainer

June 8th, 2008, 3:25 am #8

Well yeah, I think the rule about "not mentioning banned members whatsoever" is a bit extreme as well. Though I have seen bannings being brought up several times in the Fun Area (of all places) and nothing really happens.

:: Want to view images of Japanese memorials to the likes of Oda Nobunaga, Akechi Mitsuhide, Date Masamune and Takeda Shingen? Check out my album!

Fayt
Emperor's Retainer
Fayt
Emperor's Retainer

June 8th, 2008, 4:49 am #9

[quote=SHUMA-GORATH]lol@closing a complaint topic due to complaints[/quote]It got closed because its a misguided topic, it suggests you can complain about anything, with or without any reason. This on the other hand is to attempt a more practical approach any such forum issues, not just complaints in a more constructive manner.

[quote=SlickSlicer]I think member warnings or bans should be allowed to be freely discussed on the forum. Quit with the secrecy nonsense.[/quote]There is no need to discuss warnings as most of the time the member who received a warning would like to keep it as quiet as possible and simply move on with posting on the forum. Members do indeed has a right to privacy as Manji stated. There is only ever a minority that wish to take matters further, if any member wishes to they are welcome to do so privately via PM. From there any action will be taken as required, and if necessary a warning removal may take place - this has happened a few times in the past as well.

[quote=Manji_Ninja]Well yeah, I think the rule about "not mentioning banned members whatsoever" is a bit extreme as well.[/quote]There is no rule against speaking of a banned member, I've mentioned some members names before a few times, in particular kazxjun who was a member I was rather fond of. Earlier in the year we also brought back the "Banned Members Summary" as I do believe members have a right to know who got banned, and briefly why without going into too much detail at risk of defaming them.

As members of the staff it is out responsibility to keep the forum running as smoothly as possible, protect members privacy as much as possible and avoid any situations which may bring the forum into disrepute.

Manji
Emperor's Retainer

June 8th, 2008, 5:34 am #10

Oh, my mistake on the "discussion rule," thank you for explaining that in such detail, Fayt. Guess I was exaggerating a bit. I was actually thinking of when I first joined KW, I thought the secretiveness was a bit strange regarding the banned members. But the addition of the Banned Member's Summary topic was more than sufficient, I found.