if we get WO4, would you like some more Guest Characters?

Jason-Voorhees
General

September 10th, 2014, 4:11 am #1

the thing i loved about WO3 was all the new guests, what if Koei continues this with WO4, would you like to see someone from another title,

i came up with this, what if Lara Croft from Tomb Raider was in it, we have Ninja Gaiden characters, who are from modern times, why not Lara, i even wrote a story and did artwork to go along
wrote:After being Locked inside the Tomb of Seth by her former Mentor Von Croy, Lara hears a rumbling and the ground seems to have split, as if the whole room has been ripped from it's foundations. moments later the room shakes violently and there is a blinding light from the darkness. Lara sees the shape of a man, a strange man in shining armor, he speaks to her, and tells her to come to him if she wants to live, she does so and is somehow teleported outside of the ruins, his name is Fu Xi, a chinese mystic . he explains to Lara that time and space have been merged into one realm by the Serpent Demon Orochi and he needs her help to do so, with the Mighty Excalibur by her side, Lara Joins the countless others to fight the Serpent , resurrected once again with only one thing in mind, to kill everyone. and just as soon as she is rescued, Lara must save the world once again. there is a loud commotion from across he dunes, and in front of them come thousands of armed demons , ready to rip apart Lara and her Savior. can they survive , in this new chaotic world ?
for those of you who don't know the inspiration behind Lara's Story, i took alot of this from the Ending of Tomb Raider The Last Revelation, where Lara unintentionally causes the Apocalypse by reading from an ancient artifact that will cause the long trapped and very angry egyptian god Seth to be released from his torment, Lara's formor Mentor Von Croy reaches out to lara after she stops this but she is trapped when the tomb collapses and is presumed dead, that's where all the rest comes in

Ixbran
Supreme Warrior-Scholar

September 10th, 2014, 5:27 am #2

yes. I would like to see more characters from the franchises we already got guests from. More Blade Storm characters, DoA, Ninja Gaiden, Troy. Man can you imagine if they were able to include more Soulcalibur characters after Sophitia? Man it would be so awesome!

Mr. Crusader
Tiger General

September 10th, 2014, 5:29 am #3

No thanks. How about a Musou game with just the Mystics so they can stop mucking up what this game was previously about: DW meeting SW.

EDIT: Derp. I wouldn't mind this, just take the mystics out of the pic pls.
Currently: Working on SW4 Rare Weapon Guide
Fanbars made by myself and Astral. RB, siggys and avas in rotation all by me

|KW Family||Galleria|
[+] Spoiler

US:

JP:

The 4th Snake
General

September 11th, 2014, 7:54 am #4

I want the full Troy and Bladestorm rosters (excluding the fictional BS ones). I'd love Siegfried or Nightmare from SC but it's unlikely. If we have to have more DOA/NG characters, it should be a villain, like Yaiba. What I'd most want would be Dante from DMC and Raiden from MGS.
[+] Spoiler
DW Wishlist: Lady Gan, Lady Bian, Yu Jin, Cao Rui, Cao Mao, Cheng Pu, Zhuge Jin/Ke, Sunshi, Ma Zhong, Yuan Xi, Yuan Shu, Sima Yan, Hua Xiong, Li Ru, Huche'er, Wang Yun, Wu Tugu
SW Wishlist: Lady Yodo, Nobuyuki Sanada, Kagekatsu Uesugi, Kagetora Uesugi, William Adams, Matsu Maeda, Yoshitsugu Otani, Kojuro Katakura, Yoshiaki Mogami, Kansuke Yamamoto, Ujimasa Hojo, Suikeiin, Tadaoki Hosokawa
WO Wishlist: Multi-Raid 2 roster, Legends of Troy roster, Bladestorm roster, SWC Protagonists, Hayate, Dante, Raiden, Sun Tzu, Yaiba
[+] Spoiler
*Bladestorm: The Hundred Years War (Oneshot)
*Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires
*Dynasty Warriors: Gundam series Let's Tries
[+] Spoiler
DW Relationship Chart
SW Relationship Chart
DOA/NG Timeline
Game Wishlist - My Youtube Channel - My Let's Play Channel - My DeviantArt Gallery - My Twitter
PSN: The_4th_Snake - Xbox Live: The 4th Snake

Nanar
Left General

September 12th, 2014, 10:50 pm #5

hmm i think it would be nice to see the following people in wo4 or 5. depending what koei is intending to do...

Ghengis Khan, Lightning from FFXIII, Ryu from street fighter, heavenly sword heroin. Karen Koenig from shadow hearts 2.

i'd love to see battlefields resembling the above listed charecter's game topography mixed into wo world.
Nene Boshim

runarraw
First Lieutenant

September 12th, 2014, 11:12 pm #6

I'd like warriors orochi to split into two different franchises.
the roster is bloated enough as is.

one that's "mystic warriors". (bonus character Guan Yu)
the other a completely new story that's a DW/SW crossover.

as for guest characters in either francise. I wouldn't mind.
here's a code for Yoshiteru's Weapon: NAKP-R6N6-9D5Q
do with it as you please.

Zhen Da
Han's Unifier

September 13th, 2014, 12:46 am #7

wasn't the reason behind the guest characters because of the Hydra? that's how they managed to squeeze them into the game. with Hydra now gone new guest characters aren't really going to appear unless there is some convoluted story where other guest characters have been in hiding all this time which makes no sense since the cast travel to all ends of the world, then again several places have been dropped in WO3 that could house new guest characters, Edo Castle, Kuzegawa, Okehazema, Hefei Castle and Xia Pi come to mind.

but for me I think the period of guest characters is over I think they were used as more of a marketing gimmick Rachel, Momiji and Kasumi felt pointless as adds since Ryu and Ayane represented NG and DOA.

with the roster at 145 and assuming the current Guest Line up stick around then take the 16 DW characters from the DW8 cycle (this will possibly include the DW9 new characters too up to 9XL but we'll leave them out for now) then you have Takatora, Munenori and Naotora from SWC2 plus the SW4 new characters, that boosts the roster up by 28 which makes it 173 characters and if you add in the DW9 characters which is unknown but will be more than 10+ and the 9XL characters which could be 3 or 5 plus the WO exclusive characters which could range from anywhere between 2-6, you're looking at 190+ characters at least in WO4 so no new guests should be added.

I also don't understand why people are against the mystics, it's WO both Orochi and Da Ji had to come from somewhere and where ever they came from surely had to have some people vying to go after Orochi and since this is an original storyline the Mysitcs fit in just fine, no need for them to be thrown into their own game.

that's my thoughts anyway
Wei: Cao Hong, Zhu Ling, Du Xi, Han Hao, Bian Shi, Man Chong, Wen Ping, He Yan, Zhao E
Wu: Cheng Pu, Dong Xi, Sun Shao, Sun Yi, Zhu Yi, Pan Zhang, Shen Ying, Sun Luban, Sun Luyu, Xu Shi, Wu Guotai
Shu: Liao Hua, Ma Su, Huang Quan, Fu Qian, Lei Tong, Gao Xiang, Yan Yan, Ma Yunlu, Hu Ji
Jin: Chen Tai, Shi Bao, Du Yu, Yang Hu, Qian Hong, Pang Hui, Zhou Zhi, Zhang Changpu, Yang Huiyu, Xin Xianying
Others: Hua Xiong, Gao Shun, Cao Xing, Yan Liang, Wen Chou, Qu Yi, Wu Tugu, Hua Man, Ji Ling, Dong Bai, Yu Ji, Ou Xing, Chen Lan, Lei Bo, Pan Feng
Warriors Orochi: Sun Tzu, Medusa, Circe, Diamondback, Hu Ximei, Wang Guiren
Samurai Warriors: Ittetsu Inaba, Danemon Ban, Masashige Jojo, Dosan Saito, Takanobu Ryuzoji, Minbu Satomi, Bokuzen Ujiie, Ujikuni Hojo, Ekei Ankokuji

Joshelplex
Legend

September 13th, 2014, 1:10 am #8

Lara is a terrible idea. Doesn't even make sense since Koei doesn't own that IP, and unlike Soulcalibur, they don't even have an in-universe explanation (the Soul Edge) The NG/DoA/Troy/Bladestorm/Atelier characters at least made sense since demons and gods exist in their universe, and they all use magic as well, and everything else was a Koei owned IP anyways.

As far as more guests, I think only a few should make it in. The Black Prince from BS, Odysseus from Troy, to have a hero and villain rep from each (yes, Achilles was a "hero" in WoT, but he was in no way heroic at all, and Odysseus is a great foil to him), if anyone else crosses over from NG/DoA it should be Hayate. Thats about it.

dedik8
First Lieutenant
dedik8
First Lieutenant

September 14th, 2014, 1:41 am #9

Joshelplex wrote: As far as more guests, I think only a few should make it in. The Black Prince from BS, Odysseus from Troy, to have a hero and villain rep from each (yes, Achilles was a "hero" in WoT, but he was in no way heroic at all, and Odysseus is a great foil to him), if anyone else crosses over from NG/DoA it should be Hayate. Thats about it.
Yeah, I would love more people from Bladestorm or Warriors of Troy. I think Reig from Zill O'll would be cool too. (didn't Nemea mention Musashi reminding him of him in the "Dueling Heroes" DLC stage?)

The 4th Snake
General

September 14th, 2014, 7:54 am #10

Joshelplex wrote:Lara is a terrible idea. Doesn't even make sense since Koei doesn't own that IP, and unlike Soulcalibur, they don't even have an in-universe explanation (the Soul Edge) The NG/DoA/Troy/Bladestorm/Atelier characters at least made sense since demons and gods exist in their universe, and they all use magic as well, and everything else was a Koei owned IP anyways.

As far as more guests, I think only a few should make it in. The Black Prince from BS, Odysseus from Troy, to have a hero and villain rep from each (yes, Achilles was a "hero" in WoT, but he was in no way heroic at all, and Odysseus is a great foil to him), if anyone else crosses over from NG/DoA it should be Hayate. Thats about it.
Well, Lara obtains Mjolnir in Underworld and the new reboot has Himiko as the villain (which would be a hilarious relationship dynamic (BTW).

But how is Prince Edward a villain? He's very noble.

As for plot, I feel like 4 would be a reboot, especially with everyone going home, though there's still a chance of them being brought back by the mystics to deal with some threat. Maybe the Strikeforce 2 villains?
[+] Spoiler
DW Wishlist: Lady Gan, Lady Bian, Yu Jin, Cao Rui, Cao Mao, Cheng Pu, Zhuge Jin/Ke, Sunshi, Ma Zhong, Yuan Xi, Yuan Shu, Sima Yan, Hua Xiong, Li Ru, Huche'er, Wang Yun, Wu Tugu
SW Wishlist: Lady Yodo, Nobuyuki Sanada, Kagekatsu Uesugi, Kagetora Uesugi, William Adams, Matsu Maeda, Yoshitsugu Otani, Kojuro Katakura, Yoshiaki Mogami, Kansuke Yamamoto, Ujimasa Hojo, Suikeiin, Tadaoki Hosokawa
WO Wishlist: Multi-Raid 2 roster, Legends of Troy roster, Bladestorm roster, SWC Protagonists, Hayate, Dante, Raiden, Sun Tzu, Yaiba
[+] Spoiler
*Bladestorm: The Hundred Years War (Oneshot)
*Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires
*Dynasty Warriors: Gundam series Let's Tries
[+] Spoiler
DW Relationship Chart
SW Relationship Chart
DOA/NG Timeline
Game Wishlist - My Youtube Channel - My Let's Play Channel - My DeviantArt Gallery - My Twitter
PSN: The_4th_Snake - Xbox Live: The 4th Snake