Ideas for Toukiden

Yuki-Onna
God of War

April 10th, 2015, 10:37 pm #1

Toukiden is one of Koei's newer franchises and, in my opinion, one of the best they have made. I don't think that Toukiden: Kiwami has many flaws at all. I am hoping that Koei will make a sequel to the game.

The following are some vague ideas I had while playing Kiwami.

Setting: The setting of Toukiden is great. However, although the levels are a lot of visual eye candy, I feel that they don't have much of an effect on battles. A comparison could be made in this regard to Monster Hunter 4U. In that game, ledges are extremely important for being able to mount monsters. There are also terrain hazards and certain levels which require you to have some form of heat or cold resistance. Some levels also have certain quirks such as wyvern eggs that you can pick up to attract monsters or lava spouts which erupt to damage you. I feel that introducing some kind of level variation or stage mechanics would add more variety to Toukiden.

As far as the overall setting of the game, I feel like Toukiden Kiwami really heavily fleshed out Japanese history. It's true that they could return to Japan and still find more mitama to include, vary up the levels a bit, etc. However, I think it would be interesting if the next game took place somewhere else, such as China.

If they were to make a Toukiden in China, here's how I'd divide the chronology personally. One suggestion I'd make is to differentiate between the high rank and lower rank mitama.
[+] Spoiler
Classical Age: Spring and Autumn and Warring States mitama. This would include a lot of the philosophers that make China famous such as Confucius, Mozi and Zhuangzi. However, it would also include military or political figures such as Guan Zhong and Qin Shihuangdi.

High Rank Classical Age: This would include figures from both Han dynasties.

Age of Division: This would include figures from the Late-Han civil war (i.e. Yuan Shao, Yuan Shu, Zhang Lu, etc.) and early "Three Kingdoms" figures (e.g. Cao Cao, Liu Bei, Sun Jian, Sun Ce, Sun Quan, etc.).

High Rank Age of Division: This would first of all include figures from the late Three Kingdoms era and Jin (e.g. the Sima family, Deng Ai, Jiang Wei, Lu Kang). Secondly, it would contain figures from the wars that occurred in between the Jin dynasty and the Sui dynasty (e.g. Huan Wen, Murong Chui, Pei Songzhi, Liang Wudi).

Golden Age: This would contain figures from the Sui and Tang dynasties. It might contain a few from the civil war that occurred after the Tang dynasty as well.

High Rank Golden Age: This would contain figures from the Northern and Southern Song dynasties. It might contain some figures from the Jurchen Jin dynasty, Xi Xia, Liao and others as well.

Age of Conquest: This would contain figures from the Mongols and Yuan dynasty. It might include some from the civil war that ended the Yuan dynasty as well.

High Rank Age of Conquest: This would include figures from the Ming dynasty.

The Last Age: This would include the diehard Ming loyalists such as Koxinga and the early figures of the Qing dynasty.

High Rank Last Age: This would include the major figures of the late-Qing dynasty when it was starting to seriously decline (opium wars, taiping rebellion, etc.).
Mitama and Equipment: Toukiden has a good system for this, but I think it's one that can be expanded upon.

For equipment, I think they should make it so that if you have 2 pieces of a set, you get a small boost. If you get all 4 pieces, you can get a larger boost. This would allow for a bit more customization of equipment. I think they should work on the equipment aesthetics as well, and possibly add in a bit of fanservice. There should be equipment sets that can make you look similar to the famous figures of other Koei games.

For mitama, I think they should add a mitama fusion system where you can fuse two different mitama and get a hybrid mitama with active skills from two different types (e.g. one attack mitama skill and two speed mitama skills). Mitama fusion could be a good way to get super powerful or rare mitama as well as to customize mitama more to your liking.

To compensate for the power boost given to the player with these things, I think they should make mitama start out weaker. Specifically, I think they should start out with less active skill stocks. You could get mitama with more skill stocks as you unlocked more through acquisition or fusion.

Those are some of the ideas I've had thus far. :)
Thanks for the sig Hazarapatish

Aryamehr
Emperor's Retainer
Aryamehr
Emperor's Retainer

July 28th, 2015, 8:12 am #2

I love Toukiden: Kiwami. ^_^ But these are my ideas!

- Bigger (and faster) movesets for each weapon. They're really limited. At this point, I must say DW/SW's movesets are awesome. :lol:

- More weapons. There aren't many at all.

- The ability to save and exit in the mission or anywhere else other than your room. I know, there's autosave for it, But what if you bought, sold, etc and you want to save? Don't know if autosave works for them as well. :huh:
The same about exiting. You have to run to your room all the time for it. :kurokan: I don't have to open up Task Manager, do I? :P

- More faces and hair-styles for CAWs. There aren't so many.

- More abilities for Mitamas. Not only increasing your abilities. Like having the soul fighting with you for a limited time? :cool:

- Automated purification for defeated enemies. I do it for every enemy, which makes the playing a bit tiring. (Or maybe I can just not do it?)

I remember those so far. :)
[+] Spoiler
:heart: Amazing sig made by Bellflower :heart:
:heart: Family :heart:
Thanks to Nida for making this awesome thumbnail!

AntonKutovoi
Supreme Warrior-Scholar
AntonKutovoi
Supreme Warrior-Scholar

July 28th, 2015, 8:29 am #3

Aži Dahāka wrote:- Automated purification for defeated enemies. I do it for every enemy, which makes the playing a bit tiring. (Or maybe I can just not do it?)

I remember those so far. :)
You actually don't need to do it. In 99.9% your allies will do it. And faster than you anyway.
The only times when I had to purify were in solo missions or in a few big oni battles, where I managed to destroy a few body parts by one attack (and even in this cases you only will need to begin. Companions will come quickly and finish the job).

Thanks for the signature, A?i Dahāka!

"Zu jeder Zeit, an jedem Ort, bleibt das Tun der Menschen das gleiche - In every time, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same"

My youtube channel

Check out Warriors series character songs!

Roles compilations of Japanese voice actors in the Warriors series

Yuki-Onna
God of War

July 28th, 2015, 9:36 am #4

wrote:- Bigger (and faster) movesets for each weapon. They're really limited. At this point, I must say DW/SW's movesets are awesome.
This is a different genre than DW/SW. Those games are hack-n-slash games in which you can pretty easily wreck everything. Toukiden tends to require a bit more strategy, but there are some legitimately fast weapons like daggers, the sword or the chain and sickle if you want that.
wrote:- Automated purification for defeated enemies. I do it for every enemy, which makes the playing a bit tiring. (Or maybe I can just not do it?)
Try setting the AI to "Aid" and later on bringing Hayatori. The AI is actually really competent in Toukiden. Not quite as good as God Eater's AI, but still pretty great. Better than Monster Hunter felynes.

I like your other ideas though. The CAW options felt really limited, I did kind of wish there were more weapon styles and more options for Mitama. Your idea of having certain Mitama fight with you would be awesome if they could do it well.
Thanks for the sig Hazarapatish

Aryamehr
Emperor's Retainer
Aryamehr
Emperor's Retainer

August 1st, 2015, 5:31 pm #5

Thanks. :)

It's nice to be able to choose your own dialogues, But different dialogues have almost no effect on game except few different replies from the characters. They could do better than that.

Like having characters remember your specific nice dialogue later.

(I don't expect more than that. :XD )
[+] Spoiler

imayuri
First Lieutenant
imayuri
First Lieutenant

August 1st, 2015, 6:48 pm #6

Loving this game, Toukiden Kiwami is one of KOEI's best entry yet.

I too have several ideas;

1. Forged Mitama Armor. We can forge a Mitama weapon, so I think it would be great if there's an option to forge Mitama Armor as well. Most of the Mitama illustrations are pure awesome, it'd be nice to have some of their look in-game.

2. More battle styles of course. Kiwami adds two new battle styles, it would be nice to expand them further if they decided to make another Toukiden. It will yield numerous builds and options for players to use.

3. Ditto with what Rance post above regarding Chinese elements and Ages if they decide to add them. :goodpost:

4. Though the story is centered in Utakata as the front lines, I'm sure players are curious about the existence of other Areas and Villages too (Shiranui, Holy Mount) So, let the player travels between villages/ areas within midlands.

5. And yes, more CAW options! :D
wrote:More abilities for Mitamas. Not only increasing your abilities. Like having the soul fighting with you for a limited time?
I kind of like this too, wishing every Mitama have an in-game model as well. Actually, as Mitama is one of the most crucial point in playing this game I'm sure there are so many options in them that can be further expanded upon.

~Spirited Bellflower~
Emperor's Retainer

March 26th, 2016, 3:56 pm #7

Discuss any ideas you might have for the Toukiden series here, including new characters, gameplay, weapons, and more! ^_^
[+] Spoiler
Thank you to my Secret Santa for the gorgeous set! :santa:
Regional Banners made by Kat!

Aryamehr
Emperor's Retainer
Aryamehr
Emperor's Retainer

April 7th, 2016, 10:18 am #8

I have a feeling there was a Toukiden Ideas thread before
Oh yeah, there it is:

http://s13.zetaboards.com/koeiwarriors/topic/7375954/1/
[+] Spoiler

Mr.Honda
Legend

April 7th, 2016, 3:28 pm #9

AriyaEX wrote:I have a feeling there was a Toukiden Ideas thread before
Oh yeah, there it is:

http://s13.zetaboards.com/koeiwarriors/topic/7375954/1/
Thanks Ariya! ^_^

Got lost in the shuffle when we started moving things around :ph43r:

Moved, merged, pinned

Signature & Avatar Credits:
~Spirited Bellflower~, Aryamehr, Katatonia, Ryo Genken, Mitsuchika, LegendaryDragonWarrior, Jiahe, Loura-chan, & Shadow :ph43r:

Artorias
Emperor's Retainer
Artorias
Emperor's Retainer

February 27th, 2018, 2:44 am #10

I would like to see Toukiden 3. I expect the new weapon will be twin guns.