How did you Find out About Sengoku BASARA?

Ultimate Legend
Han's Unifier

7:31 PM - Sep 29, 2009 #1

As the topic states, when did you find out about the BASARA series?

It's ben quite a while so I'm not sure if I remember, but I think I saw some videos on YT. I think Devil Kings 2?

Thanks to Solsephka for the great sig!
[+] Spoiler
Thanks to Queen of Monkey (Nene) and Zeidrich for the banners. ^_^

Matsunaga Hisahide
Emperor's Retainer

7:42 PM - Sep 29, 2009 #2

I was looking for Dynasty Warriors(don´t remember which DW) when I stumbled upon Devil Kings. It had CAPCOM on it, said it was from the makers of Devil May Cry and it was a Hack´n Slash game. I thought that Chaos Legion wasn´t that bad...so I thought if CAPCOM is giving it a try again, I´ll give it a try too.

Well I was happy with what I got(not knowing at first that there was SB out there, which had Misuhide as a playable character...I was so pissed when I heard that he´s playable in SB <_< )

Well and I soon fell in love (further growing of course with SB2). I hope SB:SH makes it right this time(though Devil Kings did one thing right: Hard mode was really hard, even with a maxed out character. And that´s what a hard mode is for, challenging those who are up for the challenge -_- )

So well the point is: Thanks to Devilkings, I got to know Sengoku BASARA. :D

?The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind.? H. P. Lovecraft
"Everything's got a moral, if only you can find it.? - Lewis Carroll

Claus
Han's Unifier
Claus
Han's Unifier

7:46 PM - Sep 29, 2009 #3

I was surfing on youtube, and i saw this vid, im not sure what exactly it was called, but it was sometihng like "4000+ combo with Ranmaru" easy enough, right? but at the time i was really impressed, after some reasearch i learned DK came out about 4 months earlier, so i bought it, and i just loved it!

IT BURNS THERE?S A BURNING IN MY HEART SUCH AMBITION SUCH FIGHTING SPIRIT SUCH STRENGTH IT BURNS&#65288;&#9697;&#8255;&#9697;&#10047;)

Jonathan Joestar
Right General

8:17 PM - Sep 29, 2009 #4

I play the Dinasty warriors games for a time and then suddenly i see this DEvil King game of capcom...and see it's was very similar and i buy it.....and i haven't stoped since then!!!!

Manta Punk
Tiger General

8:42 PM - Sep 29, 2009 #5

Well, my first run in with BASARA happened when I stumbled upon Tsuchibayashi's art work. I was entraced by some of his designs, most notably, the two Motos. So I did a bit of reasearch and watched some gameplay videos of SB2 and as soon as I saw Aniki "surfing" on his anchor and the crazy number of combo hits you could pull off, I was sold.

My only problem was that I couldn't play it on my English PS2. So, after a failed attempt of trying to get 'Swap Magic' to work, I was lulling over wether I should just import a Japanese PS2. At first I was a little iffy on importing a console for just one game, but I also wanted 'One Piece: Grand Battle Rush' so I just decided to import. I'm really happy I did as my JP PS2 has supplied me with a lot of decent games. SB2:H being the top of the crop.
All time favourite Samurai - Otani Yoshitsugu, Naoe Kanetsugu, Maeda Toshiie, Azai Nagamasa, Chousokabe Motochika
BASARA Top Ten - Otani Yoshitsugu, Maeda Toshiie, Otomo Sorin, Azai Nagamasa, Maeda Keijii, Mouri Motonari,
Kuroda Kanbei, Sarutobi Sasuke, Chousokabe Motochika, Katakura Kojuurou, Matsunaga Hisahide
BASARA 4 Most Wanted - Kikkawa Tsuneie, Torii Mototada, Sasaki Kojiro, Shibata Katsuie, Yamanaka Shikanosuke

11:58 PM - Sep 29, 2009 #6

A friend of mine (big fan of DW and SW) talked to me about this game, so I got hold of it for when he'd come to sleep over at my house...

I LOVE scrolling beat'em ups, and this game is the closest thing resembling them I played in recent years (with God Hand and FF Streetwise, I guess), so I was more than hooked....

This was the summer of 2007, and until august 2008 I didn't play anything but SB2 and SB2H.

Funny thing is, I didn't know anything about the Sengoku period at that moment...Basara got me hooked to that too!
My latest vid: Fuuma Kotaro's SB2H Gaiden, Final Chapter

Sengoku Basara series translation database: Mediafire archive

Translation FAQS:

SB2 Story Translation - SB2H Story/Gaiden Translation - SB2-SB2H General Script Translation - Skills/Equipment Translation - Item Translation

My reason to buy Sengoku Basara 3:

Hondam
Han's Unifier
Hondam
Han's Unifier

3:11 AM - Sep 30, 2009 #7

Way back in 05 whenever the first game was announced. Followed the site from the first update to the last with some other KWers here, and imported the game as soon as it was released. Ahh those were the days...

BlackKite
Supreme Warrior-Scholar

3:22 AM - Sep 30, 2009 #8

Me too, it's back then in 2005 when I found the first Famitsu scan of SB1. The Tsuchibayashi art & stylish gameplay pics were what quickly make me like the series.

Heck, the reason why I joined KW was because there's also a SB section inside. :hehe:

Astus
Emperor's Retainer
Astus
Emperor's Retainer

3:29 AM - Sep 30, 2009 #9

First heard of it when it was in under the Devil King moniker here.
Tried it out and hated it. It made little sense and seemed to pale in comparison to the SW games which were not that shiny to begin with. Afterwards I heard that it was originally entitled Sengoku Basara and I pondered why Capcom saw it necessary to butcher it. Needless to say, I'm quite happy about SB3 making it to Western shores in its original form.

Crimsondramon
Supreme Warrior-Scholar

3:32 AM - Sep 30, 2009 #10

KW+BlackKite :lol:

It's an awesome game! Didn't ever regret not buying the game. Musou fans should try SB:SH when its localised :hehe:

KOEI WARRIORS! I HAVE RETURNED!!
I write for AFAChannel (Anime/Manga/Games)I'm gonna be a Voice Actor!Actually Big Boss in disguise