Gakuen BASARA (anime)

Uesugi Kenshin
Emperor's Retainer

April 1st, 2018, 5:12 pm #1

http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/gakuen_basara/

No, this isn't an April Fool's joke. This appears to be the first major SB project of the year, should there be game news as suspected. However, for now, we'll be getting an anime adaptation of the popular Gakuen BASARA spinoff manga!

The crew includes:
Director: Ohara Minoru
Character Design: Takada Haruhito
Studio: Brain's Base

And naturally it's being supervised by YamaD and KobaP. Hoshi and Nakai reprise their roles as Yukimura and Masamune.

The premise:
BASARA Academy's ace baseball star Date Masamune and soccer club president Sanada Yukimura are doing battle today.

The next, Student Body President Toyotomi Hideyoshi has been suspended, leading to a conflict to see who will succeed him. Will it be Tokugawa Ieyasu preaching of bonds, or Ishida Mitsunari who wishes to see Ieyasu be overthrown?

Every day, another event just like this, an outbreak of honor, love and passion!

Will there ever be a peaceful day at BASARA Academy?
[+] Spoiler

(Thanks Bell, Kat!)
Sig art by Crush-Zombie! Commissioned by me!

KellyYu
Officer

April 1st, 2018, 6:09 pm #2

YES ! I'm so glad that it's not an april fool's joke, i was hoping for a new anime to come out. I would prefer on Mame Basara but for the few translate chapter that i read Gakuen Basara is quite entertaining.

The manga seem to be popular enough since there are the 10th (i think ?) volume that came out a few time ago, i hope that the anime will be popular enough to revitalized the franchise enough to produce a new ambitious game.

ThisIsMyUsername
Tiger General

April 1st, 2018, 6:59 pm #3

Interesting. Never played any of the games, but maybe one day, the same crew that does this anime can adapt Dynasty Warriors as an anime. I think that Romance of the Three Kingdoms had an anime back in the 1990s, but other than that, there's really been nothing else. Maybe they could make an anime set during that era and call it Dynasty Warriors with all the crazy fighting. That would be nice.

HokutoNoBen
Emperor's Retainer

April 2nd, 2018, 12:19 am #4

Unexpected, but very welcome!

I almost wonder if the focus on Gakuen may be a thing for the games, as well. I remember some of us joked about a Gakuen game that took after Rival Schools when the manga became a thing. I'd still be down for that, as a way to give BASARA spinoff that wouldn't replace the main games! :hehe:

GUESS WHO'S BACK?! :hehe:

wodash
God of War

April 2nd, 2018, 4:03 pm #5

eh, not really interested, i wonder if everyone will have Voldemort faces yet again :wacko:

SB3 gameplay guide , Battride War Genesis Review
TOU ! SEI! NAN! HO! CHUUO FUHAI!!! , SUPER ASIA wa,muteki da! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :asia:
:kurokan: i'm doing this to support SB!(and FotNS),even after they finally added a Tohofuhai smiley!!!!! :ken:

ThisIsMyUsername
Tiger General

April 2nd, 2018, 4:04 pm #6

wodash wrote:eh, not really interested, i wonder if everyone will have Voldemort faces yet again :wacko:
lol Is that a problem with the series? Pretty funny, if true.

Uesugi Kenshin
Emperor's Retainer

April 2nd, 2018, 7:24 pm #7

Thankfully it seems like they won't if the splash art is an indication.

Also yooooo Rival Schools revival on the form of Gakuen BASARA would be simultaneously awesome and saddening, lol
[+] Spoiler

(Thanks Bell, Kat!)
Sig art by Crush-Zombie! Commissioned by me!

AntonKutovoi
Supreme Warrior-Scholar
AntonKutovoi
Supreme Warrior-Scholar

April 2nd, 2018, 7:50 pm #8

Wasn't there Shigezane present in this manga? Or was it another Basara manga set in the modern setting?

Thanks for the signature, A?i Dahāka!

"Zu jeder Zeit, an jedem Ort, bleibt das Tun der Menschen das gleiche - In every time, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same"

My youtube channel

Check out Warriors series character songs!

Roles compilations of Japanese voice actors in the Warriors series

KellyYu
Officer

April 2nd, 2018, 8:11 pm #9

wrote:Wasn't there Shigezane present in this manga? Or was it another Basara manga set in the modern setting?
That's in Dokugan manga serie, in Gakuen Basara there are only the character of the game, no original character.

I'm curious about the chapter that will be adapt, will it be only the volume 1 and 2 or a mixing of all the volume (but of course only the chapter where Hideyoshi and Hanbei are not involved or only in flashback form).

I hope they will keep all the absurd situation and even take it to the extreme since this serie make no sense for the start.

HokutoNoBen
Emperor's Retainer

April 2nd, 2018, 9:42 pm #10

Uesugi Kenshin wrote:Thankfully it seems like they won't if the splash art is an indication.

Also yooooo Rival Schools revival on the form of Gakuen BASARA would be simultaneously awesome and saddening, lol
Hey, at this point, it's pretty much the only way I could see a Rival Schools style game getting made at all. :hehe:

At least Hideaki Itsuno could likely still do great work with Gakuen BASARA. He's never worked with the series in any fashion before, but I know he at least is a fan of Kanbei. :kurokan: :kurokan:

All I'd ask is to have Batsu and Akira as guest stars from "other schools dropping by to say 'hey'."

GUESS WHO'S BACK?! :hehe: