Do you ever humming a favorite Koei tune (or have one replay in your head

August 19th, 2017, 8:39 am #1

:tobattle: I often got the DW4 Battle Menu Theme stuck in my head.

Sometimes Lu Bu's theme pops in randomly when I sleep.

Share your experiences here

Mr.Honda
Legend

August 19th, 2017, 6:27 pm #2

Moving this to the appropriate section ^_^

Some of the tracks can get stuck in my head ... SW1 Anegawa in particular is pretty much my favorite KT track of all time :ph43r:

Any of them I really like can get embedded in my mind, occasionally I'll find myself humming along to the tune(s) :whistle:

Honorable mention to :honda: theme song :tonbogiri:

Signature & Avatar Credits:
~Spirited Bellflower~, Aryamehr, Katatonia, Ryo Genken, Mitsuchika, LegendaryDragonWarrior, Jiahe, Loura-chan, & Shadow :ph43r:

JMSA
Emperor's Retainer

August 19th, 2017, 8:23 pm #3

Mr.Honda wrote:SW1 Anegawa in particular is pretty much my favorite KT track of all time :ph43r:
I love that one too. I also love listening to the SW4 variations when I'm driving, especially the Tokugawa one.
This or this can be especially dangerous when driving as well, it makes you want to accelerate.

And yeah, I find myself humming a lot of Koei tunes but I'm more into recreating the dialogues, sometimes during the day I'm imitating classics such as this from Zhuge Liang:

"This battle is not an act of aggression! We shall attack their spirit and make them submit"

or when I'm playing Bayonetta or games that involve people trying to kill me, I mimic Dong Zhuo's dialogue from DW3:XL

"How annoying, come, I will fight you all"

God, I'm weird. :lol:

Mr.Honda
Legend

August 19th, 2017, 8:30 pm #4

JMSA wrote:
Mr.Honda wrote:SW1 Anegawa in particular is pretty much my favorite KT track of all time :ph43r:
I love that one too. I also love listening to the SW4 variations when I'm driving, especially the Tokugawa one.
:goodpost:

The SW4 variations are golden, and yea between the two I prefer the Tokugawa mix :ph43r:

:honda: bias aside, I find that I prefer most of the Tokugawa mixes vs their counterparts, the exception being the Ishida SW4 Sekigahara mix which is amazing :ph43r:

I also find that the songs I tend to keep in my head or humming along to are directly tied to the games release, or when I'm playing them, which is pretty normal, I guess :hehe:

They usually don't randomly pop in my head unless I hear them elsewhere first :hehe:

~Spirited Bellflower~, Aryamehr, Katatonia, Ryo Genken, Mitsuchika, LegendaryDragonWarrior, Jiahe, Loura-chan, & Shadow :ph43r:

Fūma
God of War

August 19th, 2017, 8:38 pm #5

Yeah, I actually sometimes do hum City of Flowers melody and I don't know why :lol: maybe because its so catchy.

Beards
Han's Unifier
Beards
Han's Unifier

August 19th, 2017, 8:42 pm #6

Oh yes, DW4 EVE often pops into mind. It is mostly because it was such an impactful BGM, the music of DW6 onward hasn't ben able to come remotely close to this gem.

JMSA
Emperor's Retainer

August 19th, 2017, 8:45 pm #7

Mr.Honda wrote:
JMSA wrote:
:goodpost:

The SW4 variations are golden, and yea between the two I prefer the Tokugawa mix :ph43r:

:honda: bias aside, I find that I prefer most of the Tokugawa mixes vs their counterparts, the exception being the Ishida SW4 Sekigahara mix which is amazing :ph43r:

I also find that the songs I tend to keep in my head or humming along to are directly tied to the games release, or when I'm playing them, which is pretty normal, I guess :hehe:

They usually don't randomly pop in my head unless I hear them elsewhere first :hehe:
I agree, even when I'm playing DW5:XL on Chaos Mode, which requires complete concentration, I'm a fan of using the Anegawa versions on Bai Di Castle. They fit so well in the panorama. And it's not that I dislike the DW themes, on the contrary, I just think that in a good repetitive game such as the Warriors series are, you should find new ways to amuse yourself. SW1 Komaki Nagakute also fits very well on He Fei and the SW1 Odawara on He Fei Castle. I generally change musics depending on the tide of the battle, I think I learned that from dw5chaosmodeguide. :D

I generally prefer the Tokugawa's themes on SW4 as well. I feel that I'm repting myself but SW4 Tokugawa's Anegawa is brilliant. ^_^

Oh, I forgot to mention that I hum this a lot and I invite people to try it in the guitar as well, it's not very hard:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U12O_bE6Y3Y

Such a simple song yet so powerful. Dynasty Warriors 5 did this brilliant thing where they made us connect with the characters. One of the parts of the introduction to the battles, on story mode, was like a war journal. It was great.

Mr.Honda
Legend

August 19th, 2017, 8:50 pm #8

Oooh, I've never tried that, listening to OST from other games while playing something else ... :shifty:

WO2 Decisive Battle would make an excellent replacement :sly:

JMSA
Emperor's Retainer

August 19th, 2017, 8:57 pm #9

Mr.Honda wrote:Oooh, I've never tried that, listening to OST from other games while playing something else ... :shifty:

WO2 Decisive Battle would make an excellent replacement :sly:
Oh it's great believe it! My favorite combination is when I'm playing the battle of Han Shui in DW5:XL, where I use this at the beginning, while defending the fortress, and then this while pursuing Cao Cao and going after his main camp. I love it.

Mr.Honda
Legend

August 19th, 2017, 9:01 pm #10

JMSA wrote:this
And now this will be stuck in my head for awhile :sly:

Always loved that track :ph43r: