Dead or Alive Series

MegaXtreme
Tiger General

October 14th, 2009, 7:00 am #1

This topic will be dedicated to Tecmo's venerable and uber-popular fighting franchise, Dead or Alive. Feel free to discuss and post anything related to this excellent series here.

For me, I've played Dead or Alive 2: Hardcore for PS2 and Dead or Alive 4 for the 360. Needless to say, I'm terrible at both. I'm so bad, I managed to get the "Unachievements" for DOA4 by losing so many matches in a row online. People just crush the hell out of me. :lol:

My main character is Ryu Hayabusa, of course. I'm not very good with him, but he's the coolest-looking character IMO. Plus, he's Ninja Gaiden's main man!

Celestial
Emperor's Retainer
Celestial
Emperor's Retainer

October 14th, 2009, 7:13 am #2

Yay a DOA topic. I have played all of the DOA games.(1,2,2 hardcore, 2 ultimate, 3, and 4.) I own one threw four and am a very big fan of the games. Great gameplay, story and the unreal breat bounce. :wub: (Yes I love the unreal bounce! :lol: )

My fav character is Kasumi. Lei Fang is my second fav but I love all the characters and can use them well. I'm pretty high ranked in the games. In DOA4 my rank was a A+ and then I stopped playing because of some new game I bought. I still play every now and agian, can't get to rusty before DOA5. Speaking of DOA5 I hope it comes out soon. Well these are my thoughts for the moment. ^_^

"I am the daughter of the Tiger, born into the Sun family. I do not want to be protected, but to become stronger."
Thanks Jessica, Mitsuchika, Raiko Z and Katatonia for the beautiful Shang Xiang sets!
[+] Spoiler
Wish list for future DW games Ladies.
Wei: Empress Bian, Wang Yi, Guo Nuwang, Empress Guo(Ming)
Wu: Lady Wu, Sun LuBan, Sun Luyu, Lady Xu
Shu: None.
Jin: Zhang Chunhua, Xin Xianying, Yang Huiyu
OtherLu Lingqi, Dong Bai, Cao Jie, Trieu Thi Trinh

Zepzune
General

October 14th, 2009, 7:44 am #3

[quote=MegaXtreme]My main character is Ryu Hayabusa, of course. I'm not very good with him, but he's the coolest-looking character IMO. Plus, he's Ninja Gaiden's main man![/quote]He's my second main character.

My main character is that Jann Lee dude , I just love his appearance and his fighting style.

I hate those huge bulk wrestling brutes , they're way too slow.

My favorite female would probably be Ayane.

wildcard
General

October 14th, 2009, 10:07 am #4

I played DoA2 as well and once played DoA 4 at a friends.

Favourite female - Ayane, definitly
Favourite male - would be Ryu Hanabusa as well, however then there was Eliot. He's not only cute, but quite fun to play with. Thought it did take me a while (seemingly forever) to figure out how to handle him to play decently ;P

I didn't really get the age-question until I tried to set it to 99 for fun.. XD

LsLights
Tiger General
LsLights
Tiger General

October 14th, 2009, 7:47 pm #5

My favourite chaarcters in DOA would have to be kasumi, ayane because i love there movesets and they are ninja-rey? and also elena(i think she is called elena)
because she has one of the best movesets.

SJFaith
Right General

October 14th, 2009, 10:57 pm #6

Finally a topic for the DOA series! ^_^ i've played the DOA unltimate, DOA3 and DOA4 games and even the DOAX Game for the fun of it :lol:

Anyway one thing i'd like to discuss is DOA Code Cronus i've heard so many rumours of it i want to be made, it's sounds like a great idea even though the gameplay would be somewhat like the Ninja Gaiden series i'd still like to see it happen as it would explain more characters backgrounds namely Kasumi's in this case :)

Thanks To Middayice For The Signature :D
:ken: My YouTube Channel :shifty: :hehe: Follow Me On Twitter :2up:
"The Truly Evolved Man Moves With The Times" - Cao Pi :bowdown:
[+] Spoiler

Celestial
Emperor's Retainer
Celestial
Emperor's Retainer

October 16th, 2009, 2:05 am #7

[quote=sjfaith]Finally a topic for the DOA series! ^_^ i've played the DOA unltimate, DOA3 and DOA4 games and even the DOAX Game for the fun of it :lol:

Anyway one thing i'd like to discuss is DOA Code Cronus i've heard so many rumours of it i want to be made, it's sounds like a great idea even though the gameplay would be somewhat like the Ninja Gaiden series i'd still like to see it happen as it would explain more characters backgrounds namely Kasumi's in this case :)[/quote]Yeah I have been wondering about that also. Dead or Alive: Code Chronos was being working on by Itagaki and they haven't said anything about it being cancled. But since Itagaki left I wonder if they are still doing it.

Well the game it self was going to focus on Kasumi and Ayane giving us a look into there history. Hmmmmm but a thought comes to mind, in the Ninja Gaiden 2 sigma Kasumi made an guest appearance which could hint at Ninja Gaiden 3 plot. But another thought crossed my mind when I saw this. What if its to hint at Code Chronos.

"I am the daughter of the Tiger, born into the Sun family. I do not want to be protected, but to become stronger."
Thanks Jessica, Mitsuchika, Raiko Z and Katatonia for the beautiful Shang Xiang sets!
[+] Spoiler
Wish list for future DW games Ladies.
Wei: Empress Bian, Wang Yi, Guo Nuwang, Empress Guo(Ming)
Wu: Lady Wu, Sun LuBan, Sun Luyu, Lady Xu
Shu: None.
Jin: Zhang Chunhua, Xin Xianying, Yang Huiyu
OtherLu Lingqi, Dong Bai, Cao Jie, Trieu Thi Trinh

Astus
Emperor's Retainer
Astus
Emperor's Retainer

October 16th, 2009, 12:57 pm #8

Ah, I remember a DOA4 topic being around before. Must have got archived.
In any case, I'm a fan of the series. I'd say it's probably my favourite fighting game series or maybe behind Tekken a tad. All the characters are fairly interesting and fleshed out and the story is pretty good as well. I love the use of Aerosmith songs in their videos, definitely takes them to a new level of epic.

I own Ultimate, 4 and DOAX. I gave away my copy of 3 to a cousin and never cared for DOAX 2 even though it had pretty freaky boob physics :P

My favourite character would have to be Ayane. Love her moveset. The quickness and the manoeuvring. Her story has been an interesting one as well, her DOA3 ending definitely has to be one of the best in the game.
I also like using Helena, Elliot and Zach along with a host of others but they're most prominent in my mind.

On another note, I was actually thinking about Code Chronus the other day. It crossed my mind while I was thinking of how to best word my paragraph for my English essay. Productivity at the max :lol:
I wondered if it ever was going to be completed. I'd love to see it done but I honestly have given up on the prospect when Itagaki left. Hopefully it's just my pessimism and it will eventually come to fruition.

Strider Seiryu
General

October 16th, 2009, 1:20 pm #9

I remember the talk of Code Chronus when DOA 3 first came out...Man, that has been a while......They never revealed what kind of game it is......Its supposed to be a prequel to the first DOA...I hope this game hasnt been shelved

Xiao Sooyoung
General

October 17th, 2009, 11:17 am #10

i love DOA for xbox360 but is there a DOA in ps3
|| Sig by: KAWAIINESS Ava by: Me || fanbars by Kakumei ||

[/spoiler]