Yukimi
Han's Unifier
Yukimi
Han's Unifier
Joined: 5:06 PM - Mar 09, 2011

12:48 PM - Nov 28, 2012 #1221

To be honest I was really expecting more classics this time, but we got only, what 2 or 3 of them?

I have a feeling that TN is going to release these packs until they have all the classics released and every single costume has been at least one time on some other chrctr than its original wearer. :hehe: No problem there though. I'd rather take it this way than no dlc at all.

And yes to the new stages! I want stages with stairs in them, like the DOATEC great hall.
Quote
Like
Share

UpInMahBubble
Supreme Warrior-Scholar
Joined: 1:22 PM - Dec 07, 2010

9:14 PM - Nov 28, 2012 #1222

Is there anywhere I can view the costumes? I wanna see if Mila has gotten a unique costume yet.

Thanks to Ryo Genken and Spirited Bellflower for the beautiful sigs, and dancingswan for the avatar! :heart:

Special thanks to Katatonia for the regional banner! :heart:
[+] Spoiler
Quote
Like
Share

Andreas-andi
Han's Unifier
Joined: 4:10 PM - Dec 13, 2007

4:21 AM - Nov 29, 2012 #1223

Dead or Alive 5 officially joins the IGN Pro League!
source 1: http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/do ... ague.2067/
source 2: http://shoryuken.com/2012/11/28/dead-or ... ro-league/




Quote
Like
Share

Ryoreiki
Han's Unifier
Joined: 4:06 PM - Sep 28, 2009

6:04 PM - Nov 30, 2012 #1224



OMG! I never even noticed this. Me not having the game could be the reason for that. lol

Character Wishlist
Wei-Jia Xu, Yue Jin, Zang Ba
Wu-Han Dang, Lu Kang, Cheng Pu, Wu Guotai, Zhu Huan
Shu-Guan Suo, Ma Yunlu, Guan Xing, Zhang Bao, Liao Hua
Jin-Xin Xianying, Zhang Chunhua, Wen Yang
Other-Dong Bai, Lu Ling Qi, Chen Gong,Yuan Shu
[+] Spoiler
Wu-

Wei-
Yue Jin Weapon: Braces

Shu-
Ma Yunlu*UPDATED* Weapon: Bladebow
Liao Hua Weapon: Spear Pack

Jin-
Xin Xianying Weapon: Orb

Others-
Dong Bai Weapon: Bombs (Changing)
Lu Lingqi Weapon: Swinging Daggers
Chen Gong Weapon: Spiked Star
Yuan Shu Weapon: Pipe
Huaman Weapon: Tribal Axe

Characters in Progress
Dong Bai (Revising)
Xun Yu
Cheng Pu
Quote
Like
Share

Jessica
Han's Unifier
Jessica
Han's Unifier
Joined: 4:34 AM - Jul 13, 2012

9:15 PM - Nov 30, 2012 #1225

Ryoreiki wrote:

OMG! I never even noticed this. Me not having the game could be the reason for that. lol
Wait, noticed what? :huh:
Quote
Like
Share

Winged Destiny
General
Joined: 5:38 PM - Sep 30, 2010

9:29 PM - Nov 30, 2012 #1226

Kirito wrote:@Winged Destiny: Main reason why I'm not buying any sort of DLC for DoA5. Their best costume pack was their free one (only because Kokoro was there :whistle: ) If they added DLC stages, I would buy it without question.

Anyways, I've started using Ayane for the first time (I'm serious, the first time), and I have to say, I'm actually quite liking her unpredictability. She's really not that steep of a learning curve once you know how to utilize her spinning attacks, which are really good at evading attacks, not to mention her regular PPPK string can juggle almost any weight-type and is her most useful combo ender.
Ayane is easy to get into but hard to play right. I still suck at her despite her being my main. When I go up against other Ayanes, I get pressured like hell, then I just lose the match completely once I'm against the wall. Ayane, to me, is more of a ranged character though. She has some pretty good long-mid range pokes that is pretty useful. Once I get the poke in, my opponent is stunned then I can move in for the combos, but I usually try to avoid flashy combos, damn Triangle System, still flawed.
Definitely implement Ayane's 11P into your game though. That avoids highs completely, and most character basic strings starts high. So Ayane can definitely get a counter hit on that.

On another note, this is the wrong game to try Kasumi. Basically, because she's a little more complex to play than her previous iterations. I find myself inputting more P's than I need to when doing her P strings. Her Punch animations are so fast, I feel like I'm at the point of the string combo I want to do but instead I do something else.

So she's not a character I want to play anymore. Because I can't mentally count, "1st punch, 2nd punch, 3rd punch, okay Kick!" as I input my commands. I'm a visual person whereas I look at what point in the string my character is in order to input my next command. Can't do that with Kasumi.

I did however tried out Lisa. And she's a beast in this game despite being pronounced low-tier by FSD. She does not have to play the stun game, she can just go for knockdowns all the time and get her damages like that. She does not have to rely on launchers either or critical bursts. I like her, but I think I'm going to stick with Ayane.
Quote
Like
Share

Jessica
Han's Unifier
Jessica
Han's Unifier
Joined: 4:34 AM - Jul 13, 2012

9:36 PM - Nov 30, 2012 #1227

Winged Destiny wrote:
Kirito wrote:@Winged Destiny: Main reason why I'm not buying any sort of DLC for DoA5. Their best costume pack was their free one (only because Kokoro was there :whistle: ) If they added DLC stages, I would buy it without question.

Anyways, I've started using Ayane for the first time (I'm serious, the first time), and I have to say, I'm actually quite liking her unpredictability. She's really not that steep of a learning curve once you know how to utilize her spinning attacks, which are really good at evading attacks, not to mention her regular PPPK string can juggle almost any weight-type and is her most useful combo ender.
Ayane is easy to get into but hard to play right. I still suck at her despite her being my main. When I go up against other Ayanes, I get pressured like hell, then I just lose the match completely once I'm against the wall. Ayane, to me, is more of a ranged character though. She has some pretty good long-mid range pokes that is pretty useful. Once I get the poke in, my opponent is stunned then I can move in for the combos, but I usually try to avoid flashy combos, damn Triangle System, still flawed.
Definitely implement Ayane's 11P into your game though. That avoids highs completely, and most character basic strings starts high. So Ayane can definitely get a counter hit on that.

On another note, this is the wrong game to try Kasumi. Basically, because she's a little more complex to play than her previous iterations. I find myself inputting more P's than I need to when doing her P strings. Her Punch animations are so fast, I feel like I'm at the point of the string combo I want to do but instead I do something else.

So she's not a character I want to play anymore. Because I can't mentally count, "1st punch, 2nd punch, 3rd punch, okay Kick!" as I input my commands. I'm a visual person whereas I look at what point in the string my character is in order to input my next command. Can't do that with Kasumi.

I did however tried out Lisa. And she's a beast in this game despite being pronounced low-tier by FSD. She does not have to play the stun game, she can just go for knockdowns all the time and get her damages like that. She does not have to rely on launchers either or critical bursts. I like her, but I think I'm going to stick with Ayane.
I completely agree about Kasumi. When I bought the game, something seemed off about her to where she was hard to play for me. I found myself having crappy juggling, and just low and unsafe damage as a whole, but in the previous games I could finish a round with her in like 10 seconds. She's not exactly the beginner character anymore either, I leave that status to Eliot.

I really agree about Lisa as well. I almost NEVER lose online with her, she is so godly in this game. I don't know why everyone underrates her so much, she's so easy to use effectively, and has lots of mixups that makes her hard to counter.

I'm kind of distraught between maining Christie or Bayman.

Christie has one of the best wall games in the game, to where you can rack up some serious damage, it's pretty ridiculous. Her 9k is also a launcher that pulls for some very safe combos and knockback to get to a wall faster, and she has many many many critical burst sequences for high mixups. But at the same time, her damage rate is still relatively low, but I don't get countered with her as much as others. Her throw and holds are also relatively weak.

Bayman is a damage machine, and I have found lots of combos with him that deal the damage and are still relatively safe. Plus his ground throws lead for lots of guaranteed damage, and his counters/throws are all very powerful. But he's lacking speed, which causes me to get beat out at times.

I seem to have a better win rate with Bayman, but only by a fraction. What do you think of the two?
Quote
Like
Share

Saber
Emperor's Retainer
Joined: 2:55 PM - Apr 28, 2011

1:58 AM - Dec 01, 2012 #1228

Really? I don't have a problem juggling with Kasumi at all in this game.

What I like about Kasumi is that she can use her Critical Burst easily since a lot of her attacks are stunners. 4H+K followed up with a 66KK, leading to a sitdown stun, then Critical Bursting, is perhaps my main tactic for Kasumi. Then of course the launcher followed by her very useful teleport.

What makes Kasumi hard to juggle is that most of her P/K strings are high strikes, most which often miss at the last hit.

Characters I use most are by order of rounds, Hitomi, Kasumi, Ayane, Kokoro, Helena, Sarah, Eliot, Rig, Mila, Ryu, though the character with the highest win rate for me is Kokoro, coming at 280 wins out of 300.

Christie vs Bayman? Bayman wins simply because he has a better ground game and more opportunities for guarenteed, namely the ground throw.

Thanks to my Secret Santa for the gift! Merry Christmas!
Check out my GFX GALLERY!
Also I'm back open for signature requests! PM me or leave a comment in my gallery! :)
Quote
Like
Share

Winged Destiny
General
Joined: 5:38 PM - Sep 30, 2010

4:06 AM - Dec 01, 2012 #1229

It really depends on how you play both characters. I've been beaten out by Bayman's before playing Ayane which is a relatively fast character.

Christie is one of the fastest, and that's probably the best thing about her is her speed. Christie also has that evasive move mid-combo, it could be beaten out by certain tracking mids, so if your opponent times it right, that move wouldn't be of much use. Christie has to stay on the offensive or she can be beaten out at range. I don't find her having that many ranged pokes in this game. Then she has those fast lows that puts you in a small enough stun to get her next hit in the string to hit allowing Christie to continue stunning you. So tose lows are nasty. But Brad is the dominant of low attacks in this game.

Bayman on the other hand deals a lot of damage with just grabs and counters. Bayman has so many offensive holds that if players aren't aware of them, offensive holds are going to earn Bayman the win. I don't play Bayman at all but going up against some, he does have one offensive hold mid-string I believe. One where he does like a two arm swing from top to bottom then goes into the offensive hold. I always get caught by that when they mix up between the full string and the hold string. Bayman also has that roll into his low offensive hold grab(I believe it's an offensive hold, not too sure). Add onto that his mid range poke. The kick that goes into the roll. Bayman players can just try to poke you at mid range with that move. If it hits, go into the roll, and mixup. If blocked, they just stop because its relatively safe at range.

These are not concrete knowledge of either characters. But from my own experience going up against players who do play them relatively well, these are probably the things I've tried to find a solution to. Just in case you haven't already known, offensive holds can be beaten by regular throws. So if players are aware of that, they can beat out Bayman players if they predict it correctly.
Kirito wrote:she can use her Critical Burst easily since a lot of her attacks are stunners
Kokoro is the dominator of Critical Bursting. She can do it one hit, two hits, or three hits, and so on. Kokoro is so safe in this game I hate going up against players who know how to rush down with Kokoro.
Anyways I still have a hard time playing with Kasumi. I don't know maybe it's her buffer window in between command inputs, they seem shorter compare to the rest of the characters I've played.
Quote
Like
Share

Saber
Emperor's Retainer
Joined: 2:55 PM - Apr 28, 2011

5:59 AM - Dec 01, 2012 #1230

Winged Destiny wrote:
Kirito wrote:she can use her Critical Burst easily since a lot of her attacks are stunners
Kokoro is the dominator of Critical Bursting. She can do it one hit, two hits, or three hits, and so on. Kokoro is so safe in this game I hate going up against players who know how to rush down with Kokoro.
Anyways I still have a hard time playing with Kasumi. I don't know maybe it's her buffer window in between command inputs, they seem shorter compare to the rest of the characters I've played.
That's true. IIRC, one of her grabs can instantly put you at the Critical Stun Threshold.

As for Kasumi, though, the window is short, but is easy once you get used to it. The thing about Kasumi though is that a lot of her kick attacks are jumping attacks, which can easily be sidestepped or ducked. I had the hardest time trying to defeat Brad Wong and Helena on Champ difficulty using Kasumi.

Speaking of which, Brad Wong's unpredictability probably makes him the hardest character to fight against. I probably lost the most to him. And heck, even Jann Lee was easier to fight against. The amount of low attacks with the much shorter counter time frame makes it so hard to beat him.

Thanks to my Secret Santa for the gift! Merry Christmas!
Check out my GFX GALLERY!
Also I'm back open for signature requests! PM me or leave a comment in my gallery! :)
Quote
Like
Share