Yuki-Onna
God of War

November 2nd, 2016, 5:02 am #1321

Fuuma wrote:I'm just wondering that since these candidates are so bad and super unpopular, then how on earth did each party's nominee come down to these two? Like, I saw so much enthusiasm about Sanders in the internet and basically hatred comments of Clinton everywhere... yet she still won the nominee? How...?

And another thing. If this was Sanders vs. Trump... what do you guys predict the result woud be? Could Sanders have easily won against him even though he's kinda far in the left (from what I've understood).
The answer is that we have a completely cancerous electoral system.

Nearly 40% of Americans are independents, yet in many states only registered Democrats or Republicans can vote. This includes every state without open primaries.

so in the Democratic primary, that means about 30% of the population is voting. In a Republican primary, you also get about 30% of the population voting.

A lot of Americans also ignore the primaries and only vote in the general. This is retarded because the primaries are much more important. It's like if you only paid attention to the final round of American idol. Yeah in the end it's down to 2 people, but the rounds preceding that when hundreds of others were eliminated are much more important. It's similar with American politics. Primaries are much more important because that's when you'll have the largest variety of candidates and the most candidates eliminated.

I'll add that the primaries were horribly rigged and at this point we have proof of that.

By the way, Trump can easily win at this point. Clinton's numbers have completely tanked in the last couple weeks.

I think if Clinton wins, she should immediately resign and let Tim Kaine be President. Otherwise there is going to be 4 years of the Republicans refusing to let her do anything on the grounds she is a criminal. They could try to pull that **** against Kaine, but it wouldn't really work. To the best of my knowledge, he hasn't had any major scandals and isn't reviled by the majority of the population.
wrote:could Walter Mondale in 1984, Barry Goldwater in 1964 or George McGovern in 1972 have beaten the two chumps Trump and Hillary? The 3 were all pretty unpopular going by the final vote tallies....
Yes, No and No.
Thanks for the sig Hazarapatish

MeowMeow
Emperor's Retainer
MeowMeow
Emperor's Retainer

November 2nd, 2016, 5:36 am #1322

Uesugi Kenshin wrote:The problem is that Trump does, inherently so, by making the statements he did about Muslims and Mexicans. Bernie would never run with someone who made the comments he made.
I mean, immigration is very much a social issue, too. Not just a security issue. There are so many people who were born here but whose parents aren't citizens and weren't born here- what, are we supposed to separate them? Do you know how inhumane it is?

And the answer ISN'T tougher immigration laws that make people who were born here whose parents aren't citizens non-citizens. It's softer ones. It's the same deal with everything else regulated, like drugs, alcohol, and so forth- if you make the regulations laxer, then you can actually enforce them and people who aren't doing anything morally wrong have less of a chance of being harmed.
Trump was the least homophobic GOP candidate ever ;) (I give you that Mike Pence is, though, but Pence is a by-the-book conservative, Trump is anything but :lol: )

Bernie: Gay marriage is a human right!

Trump: .... well, some guys like spaghetti and some guys like steak.... (sheepishly grins)

Bernie: We will control Wall Street!

Trump: Yep. (Sheepishly grins) Go get'em, Bernie (shrugs shoulders)
Bernie, you want some muscle, here, take it.

Corey Lewandowski goes to the NY Stock Exchange and guns down some subprime mortgage bankers. Everyone cheers

Trump: What did I tell ya. Bernie knows to root out the rigged system. Thanks to Bernie, its not rigged anymore! Unlike crooked Hillary Clinton (Yawns)

Bernie: .... I didn't mean kill them...

Trump: Well, you wanted Wall Street controlled, right? It is now :sly: :hehe:
P.S. I know, I know, Mew's right :lol: Their personalities are too diametrically opposite to work together as the "anti-establishment" party :lol: Doesn't change the fact I would find it hilarious as hell though :XD
Thanks to Rosaceae for this wonderful sig!

Yuki-Onna
God of War

November 2nd, 2016, 5:59 am #1323

I am now predicting a Trump win, though I believe it will be an incredibly close election.

My prediction right now is Trump with 52% odds and Clinton with 48%.

REasoning:

-Over the last few weeks without any positive news, Trump has managed to regain parity after the Access Hollywood debacle.

-This election is all about which candidate is worse. The common knowledge by pundits is that "If the election is about Trump, he loses. If the election is about Clinton, she loses." In the last week, Clinton was hit by a double barrage of bad news. First Wikileaks revealed several emails which showed the Clinton Foundation's ties to Teneo. Then the FBI released an announcement stating that they were investigating more potential Clinton emails from the computer of Anthony Weiner (kek), the husband of a Clinton aide who had allegedly been sexting with an underaged girl. [insert joke about weiners]

I didn't think the email thing would hurt Clinton, but I was wrong. The combination of bad news has resulted in a major drop in her poll numbers. The most recent polls showed Clinton and Trump tied or Trump leading by 2 points.

-Despite the polling averages suggesting a narrow Clinton win, the trend favors Trump right now. His numbers have been rising over the last couple weeks. If he can manage to control himself and no more bad news leaks for the Trump campaign, I believe that he will win. This is a BIG IF. If anything, this election has shown that the numbers are highly volatile due to both of these candidates being terrible. This entire race has been a giant contest of who can **** up more. I have other reasons to speculate that Trump will just barely clinch it too. One is that Wikileaks has suggested they will release more emails before the election. If they do, I think that will be the final nail in the coffin given how close the race is already. Another factor is that the media has turned on Clinton, or at least some organizations have. A long time Democratic Bill Clinton surrogate, for instance, recently penned an op-ed stating that he could not in good conscience support Hillary because all the scandal surrounding her would mire her presidency in partisan gridlock. This is just one example. Imagine, also, a scenario in which the FBI releases more information about their supposed investigative revelation, and the new information does not favor Clinton. That would look VERY bad and further help send her campaign into a tailspin.

-If you want me to break it down state by state I think Trump will win Florida and Ohio now and snatch Nevada away from Clinton. That would give Trump enough of a lead, just barely, to get over the 270 threshold. I also think he will keep Arizona. Although at one point it was up in the air, I do not think McMullin will win Utah now. I think Trump will carry that state and with it, the election.

MeowMeow
Emperor's Retainer
MeowMeow
Emperor's Retainer

November 2nd, 2016, 6:29 am #1324

WOW :OMG: My god :OMG:

The US is on the Highway to Hell :cool:

:hehe: :popcorn:
If Trump wins Ohio and Florida and keeps the "traditional" red states (which he should, red-staters are pretty loyal to "GOP no matter who" and LOATHE Hillary), Trump will win. Penn and Nevada may or may not even matter at that point

Yuki-Onna
God of War

November 2nd, 2016, 7:02 am #1325

Rance wrote:Post yer electoral maps!

http://www.270towin.com/maps/Npg34

I legitimately think this election will be close, though I'm predicting a Clinton win because Pennsylvania, Virginia and Colorado are, imo, solid for her.
Remember when I posted this?

I'm now predicting the same map, except Nevada flipped to Trump.

If that happens, he wins.

See where I'm going?

Some people might be thinking: But Rance, North Carolina flipped to blue a long time ago in this election! Yes it did, and now it seems like it's slipping back to red. The recent RCP average shows Clinton up by only .7 in NC, or in other words, within the error of margin. The bombing of a North Carolina Republican office probably did some damage to Democrats there. The fact that it even occurred also suggests that even before then the Republicans were gaining momentum in the state.

MeowMeow
Emperor's Retainer
MeowMeow
Emperor's Retainer

November 2nd, 2016, 7:49 am #1326

i remember, I posted the 50-state sweep by Donald Trump, the nimble navigator and the predator of 4chan and Reddit, by utilising dank memes and Adolf Pepe Trump sweeps all 50 US states thus outdoing Ronald Reagan in 1984 and becoming the Greatest Jobs president of all time, no offence to Steve Jobs, who by the way I knew and is a very good friend of mine, because Tiffany ate lunch with him in Sillicon Valley once, believe me. :lol:

Oh, and Hillary's in jail and I've ordered Michael Flynn to order the National Guard to shoot the SJW protesters in front of Trump tower. The Chinese showed strength in 1989, and I will show strength. Strength :sly:

Yuki-Onna
God of War

November 2nd, 2016, 8:56 am #1327

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fbi-releases ... 44166.html

The foundation is crumbling from underneath her, and I don't just mean the Clinton Foundation.

For every new piece of bad news that comes out related for this, I'm changing my projection by 2 points in favor of Trump.

So right now it's 53 Trump and 47 Clinton.

Mysterious_Stranger
Emperor's Retainer

November 2nd, 2016, 9:05 am #1328

y'know, back in the 80's when that tv movie scared everyone into thinking a nucular apocolypse was going to occur i was admittingly a baby at the time and didn't care, then the Y2J crisis of the late 90's occured and i knew the world wasn't going to end, then the mayan 2012 thing occured and again, didn't believe the world was ending

Now november elections are coming and a sense of world ending dred is starting to creep up on me at long last...
Remember kids, look with your eyes, not your mouth~!

Yuki-Onna
God of War

November 2nd, 2016, 9:27 am #1329

I'll add that early voting results show a drastically precipitous dip in African American voting. It's possible that more of them could show up to vote on election day, but I'd argue that this is even less likely considering that Republican "poll watchers" are evidently intimidating some voters. African Americans are a core Democratic constituency. If their turnout remains low, the Democrats will probably lose.

This is definitely not going Clinton's way. I never would have expected that this close to the election, the numbers could change this much. That easily defies usual election logic, but this is not a usual election.

Clinton needs to dig up dirt about Trump fast. It's not too late. She needs to throw as much **** on him as she can. She's gotta feed the press whatever ugly news she has about Trump or goad him into attacking somebody on Twitter. Something. Anything. Preferably a few different things so that the news refocuses on Trump. If she doesn't act fast this ship is going to sink.

MeowMeow
Emperor's Retainer
MeowMeow
Emperor's Retainer

November 2nd, 2016, 9:37 am #1330

Rance wrote:I'll add that early voting results show a drastically precipitous dip in African American voting. It's possible that more of them could show up to vote on election day, but I'd argue that this is even less likely considering that Republican "poll watchers" are evidently intimidating some voters. African Americans are a core Democratic constituency. If their turnout remains low, the Democrats will probably lose.

This is definitely not going Clinton's way. I never would have expected that this close to the election, the numbers could change this much. That easily defies usual election logic, but this is not a usual election.

Clinton needs to dig up dirt about Trump fast. It's not too late. She needs to throw as much **** on him as she can. She's gotta feed the press whatever ugly news she has about Trump or goad him into attacking somebody on Twitter. Something. Anything. Preferably a few different things so that the news refocuses on Trump. If she doesn't act fast this ship is going to sink.
Its gonna sink :cool: :popcorn: And China is going to win :heykosho:

:hehe: :popcorn: :sakichi:

only response I can gather now :wacko: :blink: :OMG: :crazy:
If the Dem leaners don't come out and vote, its over, Trump will win, because his fans are hardcore dedicated and Hillary's aren't really....