Pawn O Matic Remodel

Discuss all things regarding the art of making MODELS for Kingpin. Models can be new weapons, new characters, or new "props" Also discuss Kingpin Editing which involves code or scripting issues or procedures.

Pawn O Matic Remodel

Jesper_88
Jesper_88

October 22nd, 2017, 2:53 pm #1

Hello all. First time posting here. =)
First of all, after Half-life 1 my 2nd favourite game of all time has been Kingpin Life of crime.
I still have it installed with all the mods and coop mod and rags to riches mod all working. But still as years go on, the worse this game ages. =(
While I have been 3d modeling for 20 odd years now using 3ds Max and Mudbox, and normal mapping sometimes using xnormal depending on the mesh, photshop and various other apps.
On an off I have been modelling Kingpin models parts and pieces as a hobby or something to do for a long time now. 
Over time I grabbed each front building face and made a building out of it. 
So not only do I now have my own buildings for other projects, I also have the buildings based on what was the old Kingpin BSP. Every building has been remodelled from the ground up. I'm in the process of unwrapping and texturing them.
I plan on making the first level in UE4 as a a.i. game test using my assets. I figured I might as well post the first images here of my work in progress.
I have some good news regarding characters and rigging old assets but will post that in the other thread.
Here is the Pawn o matic.
window1.jpg
Levelmap1.jpg
allyway1.jpg
backally2.jpg
backally1.jpg
Pawnomatic3.jpg
With_Gaff.jpg
No_Gaff.jpg
window1.jpg Levelmap1.jpg allyway1.jpg backally2.jpg backally1.jpg Pawnomatic3.jpg With_Gaff.jpg No_Gaff.jpg
We could change the world, if only we had the source code.

kp4everadmin
kp4everadmin

October 25th, 2017, 11:07 pm #2

Good luck with your project :)

hypov8
hypov8

November 4th, 2017, 8:31 am #3

cool to see some alternative work going on
ue4 would be a great engine to merge kingpin with
i have previously messed with it

you can import whole levels from radiant/bsp. as you can see from pic
Noesis and DarkRradiant can export some usable formats
tho you probably would only want these for reference/size to create your buildings
also with unwrapping your models, try to stay away from making it fit 0-1 uv and a single material. 
especially if the textures are used in other assets. unlike a player model where the skin is unique.
ue4 allows you to easily assign a new texture to each material/group in the model.

ue4_kpdm5.png