Vintage Baseball Pins

Vintage Baseball Pins

Carlin
Carlin

September 24th, 2006, 9:33 pm #1

Found your website while trying to find information on some baseball pins that I have had since childhood. They are the size of a nickel and I believe we got them out of penny machines in the 40's or 50's. They are green with the outline of the bases - have the head shot of the player and their name in script. I have the following pins:

Al Kaline, Gil Hodges, Duke Snider, Robin Roberts, Ted Klugewski, Yogi Berra, Ted Greengrass, Micky Mantle, Orestes Minoso, Larry Doby, Richie Ashburn, Stan Musial

Any information you can give me on these would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in
advance for your help.

Thank You Carlin

September 24th, 2006, 9:41 pm #2

Hello Carlin,

What you have is a great collection of 1956 Yellow Basepath pins. The 32 pin set is very sought after, and sell between $50. and $1,200 each depending on player, and condition.

Mickey Mantle the high end pin professionally graded in Near min / mint condition has sold for $1,200 at auction. In excellent condition (non graded) the pin sells for about $500.

Duke Snider in good condition recently sold for $114. on eBay. I put together a page with a list of players from this set with some estimated prices based on past auctions.
http://keymancollectibles.com/pinsbutto ... athpin.htm

Thanks for the picture
Steven KeyMan