Untitled

Untitled

October 17th, 2011, 7:20 pm #1

I have a Reach baseball glove in very good condition and have no clue what it is worth. Any ideas?

KTabor

October 18th, 2011, 1:19 am #2

Hello,

The bulk of the value on a collectible baseball glove relies on the player endorsement. Without a player endorsement the glove could have a low collectors value, and the value will rely on vintage baseball glove features, age and condition.

Common flaws with baseball gloves are: loose or broken lacing/webbing, dry or cracking leather, ripped manufacturer label on back, worn printing on glove, and the owners name hand written on it. Any of these flaws will lower the value on the glove.

More information would be needed to help you out with any ideas on value. -Steven

KeyManCollectibles.com is now on Facebook! Come by, 'Like' this page and
become a Fan. Your support will be greatly appreciated. Visit KeyMan
Collectibles on Facebook by clicking the following Link:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/KeyManCol ... 7398023206

I hope the information I have provided you in the past was useful. The
KeyMan Collectibles Facebook page is just another way to help provide
information with easier photo uploads and more options to interact with
collectors.

Bret Stumpf
Bret Stumpf

October 25th, 2011, 2:52 pm #3

A picture would really help to estimate a value, or maybe even a model number. As noted, any player endorsement on the glove could greatly affect the value. One exception to this rule is for gloves from the earliest part of the 20th century (pre-1920's). The earlier gloves represent a segment of the glove collecting hobby onto themselves and many were issued before player endorsements became commonplace. They are also more rare, thus more valuable.

For instance, a pre-1920 Reach with no player endorsement might fall in the $100-$200 range if it's in good condition. An unendorsed glove from, say, the 1950's might be valued at only $50. A glove bearing the endorsement of a popular Hall of Fame player could double those values.

Bret@The Glove Shop
www.thegloveshop.webs.com