Mickey Mantle Roger Maris Stellar Radio

12:43 PM - Aug 13, 2018 #1

Hello, I have a Mickey Mantle Roger Maris stellar radio. It has a wood grain baseball bat as the tuner. All the radios that I’ve seen have had black bats? Also, on the bottom of the radio it states hand crafted and made by Art Deco repro?
Just wondering if it’s an original or reproduction? The radio is black in color. The on off switch is green and in the shape of a baseball diamond. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

12:23 AM - Aug 14, 2018 #2

Hello Doctor, There's no catalog information on these radios. The original radio did have a black bat as seen on this 1982 ASA 'The Life of Mickey Mantle' card no. 39. The picture is in black and white, but the baseball on the bat is also black. The baseball on the brown bat variations are white. These Radios are often sold in restored condition. That might account for the brown bat variation, but it cannot be ruled out that the radios were put together with different baseball bat tuners, at different times or factories. The brown bats are common, are all the same, and I have also seen three different boxes used.

This is the first time, I've heard of "hand crafted and made by Art Deco repro"  so I can't comment about it at this time. They might ave been involved in restoring the radios, and could explain the same brown bats on the radios. I never heard of these radios being reproduced in full. I think there would be a flood of these radios in the market. It would be common Knowledge that the radios were reproduced

I'll ask around with the 'Mantle people' I know, check the boxes for any clues, and get back to you. -Steven KeyMan

KeyManCollectibles.com is now on Facebook! Come by, 'Like' this page and become a Fan. Your support will be greatly appreciated. Visit KeyMan Collectibles on Facebook by clicking the following Link:
http://www.facebook.com/KeyManCollectibles

You are also welcomed to join the KeyMan Collectibles Baseball Memorabilia Group. Post Questions and comments relating to Baseball Collectibles and Memorabilia. Interact with other collehttps://www.facebook.com/groups/396604447042593
Untitled-577202388.jpg

2:38 PM - Aug 16, 2018 #3

Hi Steven, Thank you very much for all the valuable information...I really appreciate it! If you find out any more information regarding the “Hand Crafted and made by Art Deco Repro” written on the underside of the radio please let me know. 
Thanks again!
Doc

5:40 PM - Aug 16, 2018 #4

Hello Doc, Can you post a picture of underside? -Steven

11:02 PM - Aug 17, 2018 #5

Hi Steven, I’m not very good when it comes to taking and sending pictures. An identical radio to mine sold at goldinauctions.com. If you go to the website goldinauctions.com and search (located at bottom of the page) “Mickey Mantle and Roger Maris radio” the auction listing will come up. Then you will be able to view many pictures of the radio (including the underside with the incryption “Hand Crafted By Art Deco Repro”.
Thanks again,
Doc