Train time confirmed by Home Office

Keeping an eye on the media coverage of July 7th, and taking the media to task over their inaccuracies, mis-leading statements and distortions. Post all your complaints and responses here! If you spot inaccuracies in the media coverage, here's the place to tell us about it.

Train time confirmed by Home Office

Jul 11 2006, 06:11 PM #1

Reid reveals 7 July account error 

Fifty-two people were killed in the bombings
The home Secretary has asked police to explain why a mistake was made in the government's version of what happened on the day of the London bombings.
John Reid revealed the time at which the bombers left Luton station to head to London was wrong in the official "narrative" of 7 July 2005.

He told MPs the error did not seem to affect anything else in the account.

But he acknowledged it might cause concern and said he had asked police for a report about the discrepancy.

The official account, published earlier this year, said the four bombers left Luton train station on their deadly journey at 0740 BST.

That was inaccurate - they actually left at 0725. But the account was right in saying they arrived at King's Cross station at 0823 BST.

The bombers went on to attack London's transport network in four bombings - killing 52 people and injuring nearly 800.

BBC

Jul 11 2006, 06:31 PM #2

That's very disturbing. John Reid is now claiming that the train time was a 'discrepancy' in the official report.

What other discrepanices are there? How can we trust anything in it?

Only the CCTV can now confirm that they took this train.

The only way now that the offical report can have any credibility is if they RELEASE THE EVIDENCE to corroborate the narrative.
�To those who are afraid of the truth, I wish to offer a few scary truths; and to those who are not afraid of the truth, I wish to offer proof that the terrorism of truth is the only one that can be of benefit to the proletariat.� -- On Terrorism and the State, Gianfranco Sanguinetti

Jul 11 2006, 06:35 PM #3

Ho ho ho!

Dr John Reid Vs 7/7 How To Be Good - Part 1. Who'd have thunk it?

And who do the BBC cite as the source of the departure at 7:25. It's obviously not the police, the intelligence and security services because they've already said 7.40. Or are we now meant to believe they all made the same typo?

'Discrepancy'. They say that as if such things matter not in Sir Ian Blair's 'largest criminal inquiry in English history'.

RELEASE THE EVIDENCE!
"The problem with always being a conformist is that when you try to change the system from within, it's not you who changes the system; it's the system that will eventually change you." -- Immortal Technique

"The media is the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses." -- Malcolm X

"The eternal fight is not many battles fought on one level, but one great battle fought on many different levels." -- The Antagonist

"Truth does not fear investigation." -- Unknown

Jul 11 2006, 06:42 PM #4

I am beginning to think the police could well have thrown a spanner in the works.

The timestamp on the CCTV outside the station is implicity claimed to be 7 minutes fast. We really do now have to see the the CCTV from the other cameras at Luton. It would be a simple matter to prove that four lone nuts took the 0724 service. Just show us the CCTV.
Follow the numbers.

Jul 11 2006, 06:48 PM #5

well what if the time stamp on that was shagged as well?

at the end of the day you have to look at DNA and stuff like the videos they left ranting on.

i mean you were right about the 7.40 being wromn and that was good detective work , but the govt has admitted it now and still says they were on the train,

maybe they said the wrong time so they could get witnesses?

who knows?

anyway, there should be an inquiry but I do not think the bombers were not on the train

Jul 11 2006, 08:18 PM #6

curiouspiglet @ Jul 11 2006, 06:48 PM wrote: well what if the time stamp on that was shagged as well?

at the end of the day you have to look at DNA and stuff like the videos they left ranting on.

i mean you were right about the 7.40 being wromn and that was good detective work , but the govt has admitted it now and still says they were on the train,

maybe they said the wrong time so they could get witnesses?

who knows?

anyway, there should be an inquiry but I do not think the bombers were not on the train
The narative states...
07.21: The 4 are caught on CCTV together heading to the platform for the
King’s Cross Thameslink train. They are casually dressed, apparently
relaxed.
If indeed the camera timestamp is wrong, then this is another 'discrepancy' as they have used its timings in the narative.

Jul 11 2006, 08:19 PM #7

Interesting. I had a reply from my MP dated 6th July in response to my follow up to the first non-response from the home office.
Dear cmain,

Thank you for your further letter. Clearly this is only a matter that a public inquiry can fully satisfy. I have, however, written again to the Minister seeking a further explanation.

Yours sincerely,

Desmond Swayne
The two issues I persisted on were the 0740, and the 0715/0721 contradiction (which hasn't been rectified). I enclosed the page from Hansard where Reid had said 0740 and stated that he ought to make a correction to parliament.

Coincidentally (?) Swayne's private e-mails to Cameron were leaked to a Sunday newspaper, resulting in an embarrassing story for him.
Innocent until proven guilty