The Paul Foot Award 2008

Keeping an eye on the media coverage of July 7th, and taking the media to task over their inaccuracies, mis-leading statements and distortions. Post all your complaints and responses here! If you spot inaccuracies in the media coverage, here's the place to tell us about it.

The Paul Foot Award 2008

numeral

06 Aug 2008, 23:14 #1

For the fourth year running Private Eye and The Guardian are awarding a prize for investigative/campaigning journalism in memory of Paul Foot.

The overall winner will be awarded £5,000, with the 5 runners-up each receiving £1,000 at a ceremony to be held in London on 3rd November 2008.

Submissions will be accepted for material published in a newspaper, magazine or on a website between 1st September 2007 and 31st August 2008.

For full details and entry form visit www.private-eye.co.uk
What about Three years of 7/7 investigation - 7 arrests, 3 charges?
Follow the numbers.

indisguise

07 Aug 2008, 00:29 #2

numeral @ Aug 6 2008, 11:14 PM wrote:
For the fourth year running Private Eye and The Guardian are awarding a prize for investigative/campaigning journalism in memory of Paul Foot.

The overall winner will be awarded £5,000, with the 5 runners-up each receiving £1,000 at a ceremony to be held in London on 3rd November 2008.

Submissions will be accepted for material published in a newspaper, magazine or on a website between 1st September 2007 and 31st August 2008.

Application details state that "entries will be considered for anything from single pieces to entire campaigns."

I suppose that it could be possible to submit the entire campaign from 1/9/07 to 31/08/08. It is possible that this inquiry forum would be eligible for entry and is a very important resource. This raises the problem that the application form calls for 2 copies of the entry.

I hope that J7 and related bloggers apply and I'd like to go to the piss-up.

brian123

07 Aug 2008, 15:48 #3

Private Eye have been very quite about the London Bombings.
Alas Paul Foot is no longer with us
He did a good job of looking into Lockerbie
another bombing with many lies attached to it.

I did suggest in one of my emails to Private Eye
that the July 7th Truth Campaign Web Site Should be considered for the Paul Foot Award
The Application form can be downloaded.
Be good I think if it would be good if it came from one of the Main Researchers who have done so much work
over the years compiling all the very varied media reports.

Bridget

07 Aug 2008, 16:15 #4

numeral @ Aug 6 2008, 11:14 PM wrote:

Ant could you pdf this for me so I can print it out and submit it with the application.

I'm looking forward to seeing indisguise at the piss-up :)
�To those who are afraid of the truth, I wish to offer a few scary truths; and to those who are not afraid of the truth, I wish to offer proof that the terrorism of truth is the only one that can be of benefit to the proletariat.� -- On Terrorism and the State, Gianfranco Sanguinetti

Sinclair

07 Aug 2008, 16:42 #5

I just re-read this & it is an excellent piece of research. It puts a lot of the UK mainstream media to shame as none of them have had any interest in pursuing any of these research leads.

(It may be worth updating the article further, with details of the dismissal of Khalid Khaliq's appeal?)

With regard to the scope of an entry, it might be worth speaking with one of the organisers to see the best way to present a J7 entry:
For further information please contact Digby Halsby on 020 7590 8909 or email Digby.Halsby@midaspr.co.uk

source
In some ways she was far more acute than Winston, and far less susceptible to Party propaganda. Once when he happened in some connection to mention the war against Eurasia, she startled him by saying casually that in her opinion the war was not happening. The rocket bombs which fell daily on London were probably fired by the Government of Oceania itself, "just to keep the people frightened." -- George Orwell, 1984

The Antagonist

07 Aug 2008, 16:45 #6

Sinclair @ Aug 7 2008, 05:42 PM wrote: With regard to the scope of an entry, it might be worth speaking with one of the organisers to see the best way to present a J7 entry:
For further information please contact Digby Halsby on 020 7590 8909 or email Digby.Halsby@midaspr.co.uk

source
Fat chance of winning that, despite the excellence of the proposed submission:

Code: Select all

http://www.midaspr.co.uk/pages/press_office/press_release_item.asp?PressID=257
http://www.midaspr.co.uk/pages/content/index.asp?PageID=214
"The problem with always being a conformist is that when you try to change the system from within, it's not you who changes the system; it's the system that will eventually change you." -- Immortal Technique

"The media is the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses." -- Malcolm X

"The eternal fight is not many battles fought on one level, but one great battle fought on many different levels." -- The Antagonist

"Truth does not fear investigation." -- Unknown

indisguise

07 Aug 2008, 17:21 #7

The Antagonist @ Aug 7 2008, 04:45 PM wrote:
Sinclair @ Aug 7 2008, 05:42 PM wrote: With regard to the scope of an entry, it might be worth speaking with one of the organisers to see the best way to present a J7 entry:

source
Fat chance of winning that, despite the excellence of the proposed submission:

Code: Select all

http://www.midaspr.co.uk/pages/press_office/press_release_item.asp?PressID=257
http://www.midaspr.co.uk/pages/content/index.asp?PageID=214
It's the publisher 'Friday Project' that is their client - they probably just knock out a press release for every book they publish. They have many publishing houses amoung their corporate clients, including Private Eye.

Amoung their personal clients are Terry Jones, Alan Titchmarsh and David Blunkett! I'm not sure that we should exclude ourselves.