The Homefront Movie

Keeping an eye on the media coverage of July 7th, and taking the media to task over their inaccuracies, mis-leading statements and distortions. Post all your complaints and responses here! If you spot inaccuracies in the media coverage, here's the place to tell us about it.

The Homefront Movie

Bridget

03 Aug 2007, 09:01 #1

We've just received this email:
Hello,

My cousin Anthony Fatayi-Williams was one of the 52 lost in the attacks. I wanted to let you know that I have been working on a project since July 2005 in relation to the bombings and my experiences as family member affected by it. It is a documentary and it was released two days ago online via the website www.thehomefrontmovie.net

I am not too sure how to get the word out to those that would want to see this film so I decided to contact you. I am having to do everything myself you see, as there have been a multitude of barriers to overcome, not least the transport for london's unwillingness to co-operate with me during the film's production. I discovered so many disturbing things during the making of the film, and because of me relationship to events, I feel that I really need to get this film to the kind of people that come to this site. These are the people that will want to see this.

the site again is www.thehomefrontmovie.net

thank you
�To those who are afraid of the truth, I wish to offer a few scary truths; and to those who are not afraid of the truth, I wish to offer proof that the terrorism of truth is the only one that can be of benefit to the proletariat.� -- On Terrorism and the State, Gianfranco Sanguinetti

Bridget

03 Aug 2007, 09:18 #2

I'm having problems trying to watch the trailer or listen to the BBC radio interview on the site, is this because it's Mac software?
�To those who are afraid of the truth, I wish to offer a few scary truths; and to those who are not afraid of the truth, I wish to offer proof that the terrorism of truth is the only one that can be of benefit to the proletariat.� -- On Terrorism and the State, Gianfranco Sanguinetti

Sgt Rock

03 Aug 2007, 09:28 #3

Bridget @ Aug 3 2007, 09:18 AM wrote: I'm having problems trying to watch the trailer or listen to the BBC radio interview on the site, is this because it's Mac software?
I have no problem. Have you will need Quicktime player installed?

Edit: I think it needs to be Quicktime 7

Bridget

03 Aug 2007, 09:44 #4

Sgt Rock @ Aug 3 2007, 10:28 AM wrote:
Bridget @ Aug 3 2007, 09:18 AM wrote: I'm having problems trying to watch the trailer or listen to the BBC radio interview on the site, is this because it's Mac software?
I have no problem. Have you will need Quicktime player installed?

Edit: I think it needs to be Quicktime 7
edit: It's sorted, I hadn't had a coffee yet ;)

When I go to download Quicktime 7 it brings up the spec for Mac OS though.

edit: Anyone who's managed to watch the trailer, any views?

Bridget

03 Aug 2007, 10:25 #5

I'm listening to the BBC radio interview which is on the site:
BBC Radio Interview

July 31 2007

AUDIO Radio interview with Thomas Ikimi about ‘The Homefront.’
Yet the news headlines say '5 years on from September 11th ...' I assume the date is when he posted it on the website rather than the date of the broadcast.

Sgt Rock

03 Aug 2007, 10:39 #6

Bridget @ Aug 3 2007, 10:25 AM wrote: I'm listening to the BBC radio interview which is on the site:
BBC Radio Interview

July 31 2007

AUDIO Radio interview with Thomas Ikimi about ‘The Homefront.’
Yet the news headlines say '5 years on from September 11th ...' I assume the date is when he posted it on the website rather than the date of the broadcast.
Right at the end of the interview a press screening of the film is mentioned and the date is indeed September 11th.

Sgt Rock

03 Aug 2007, 10:43 #7

Cousin of victim makes 7/7 film

The cousin of a man who died in the 7 July London bombings has made a documentary film revealing the impact his death had on the family.

Anthony Fatayi-Williams, 26, who went to school in Sevenoaks, Kent, was killed when Hasib Hussain blew up a bus at Tavistock Square in 2005.

Thomas Ikimi, 28, of north London, has produced a film called The Homefront that charts his family's bereavement.

He said he hoped it would encourage people to join the debate on terror.

'Affect people'

Mr Ikimi said: "There was just a need to be involved in this, to feel like I was involved and doing something about a situation like this. That was the reason for starting the documentary.

"Obviously it was very difficult as it [the film] progressed, as you are revisiting things that people would normally push out of their minds. Having to deal with [those things] every single day... wasn't easy for me."

But he said the film was not just a simple tribute to his cousin.

Mr Ikimi added: "Because it's being made by a family member people expect that it's just a tribute to who you have lost but... the most fitting tributes are the tributes that actually affect people's lives and make their lives better in some way."

BBC News