Tavistock Square: Number 30 Bus Explosion

"We need an official inquiry - now. Not a whitewash inquiry like Lord Hutton's. Or a punch-pulling inquiry like Lord Butler's. But an inquiry run by plain Mr or Mrs somebody." - Lt. Col. Crispin Black
An independent, public discussion, analysis and inquiry into the events of July 7th.

Tavistock Square: Number 30 Bus Explosion

07 Dec 2005, 21:47 #1

The Number 30 bus explosion is the only real image from the day of July 7th. For those following rolling news and radio reports on the morning, the story of what had happened on the underground was one of power surges affecting up to six separate locations. Then the bus exploded, thereby providing a very visible image of terrorism.

Here are some eye witness accounts:
I was unable to get on the bus that exploded so I and three others got on the one in front. Downstairs was busy so we went upstairs, the front was busy, so we went to very back. There was a lady sitting on the long seat and she said something like "don't know why you got on this bus, it ain't going anywhere". I turned to answer her and the bus behind us exploded before my eyes. I have never in my life been so frightened - the noise, that noise was horrible. I saw the bus shake, I saw the top collapse or at least I thought it had. I saw people standing up or at least I thought I did!

Then the top of our bus became hysterical, people were screaming and I remember being pushed down the stairs. I remember thinking, don't trip Laraine whatever you do don't trip. Next thing I knew we were out on the street again running away from the scene. I did look back for a second but somebody pulled me along with them. I felt I should have gone back to help but I was so very frightened. I work in Moorgate and my train from Winchmore Hill was diverted into Kings X.

I will never forget that noise and may those dear people that died rest in peace. I am sorry, I do not have any pictures although I was holding my mobile phone - the pictures are still too real and clear in my head. I don't think what I have written helps you but maybe it helps me. I am alive, I couldn't get on that fated bus. Time heals they say?
Laraine Gordon, London, England
After a lot of confusion at Euston station yesterday and missing a few buses, I saw a No 30 bus at Woburn Place with people getting off. My friend and I ran to catch it, we knocked on the door for the driver to open the door, he didn't as he needed I suppose to pull away in order to let an unmarked blue coloured car with the sirens going that was stuck in traffic trying to go through into Euston road. The bus was full but not cramped with people. I started to walk in the same direction as the bus not knowing where I was going but to heading towards the city. Two to three minutes later, a big blast happened and smoke was up in the air. All the people around thought a building had a blast and we all ran back towards Euston Road, not realising that it was the No 30 bus that had blown apart. My prayers are for all those that lost their lives to this tragic incident wherever they were and to their families. Today Friday, I braved my journey back into Euston Station and only to find Euston underground was closed due to a security alert at 9.20am. I went to get the bus into Angel feeling queasy but just got onto the No 205 to Angel hoping I would reach home at the end of the day to family/friends.
Minaxi, London, UK
Survivor accounts from the bus appear to be almost non-existent, the best known being Richard Jones who appeared in a Fiona Bruce documentary broadcast by the BBC shortly after 7/7. Apart from Mr Jones, I know of no other survivor accounts. This is odd considering the number of people left standing on the top deck after the blast.
"I was standing next to a young gentleman who kept diving into a bag," 61-year-old project manager Richard Jones told reporters.

"He looked foreign. I noticed him as he looked nervous.

"He kept bending over into this bag," said the Scot, who got off the bus just seconds before the explosion caused mayhem, peeling off the vehicle's roof.

Source: Sydney Morning Herald
The following is one of the most interesting bus accounts I've encountered:
London Bombing: A Personal Account
AccountingWEB.com - July 08, 2005
Philip Fisher describes the events he experienced following the bombings in London on Thursday morning (7 July).

A bomb soon puts life into perspective.

After a half-hour delay in getting my train this morning, I arrived at King's Cross Thameslink and was turfed out into the street, as the train was emptied and the Tube station closed.

As I made my way along Euston Road, it became apparent that something major was going on, as both King's Cross and Euston stations were clearly closed and confused multitudes were thronging the streets.

I turned into Woburn Place at the same time as a number 30 bus, which would normally have headed straight towards Baker Street. The driver turned away one lucky lady at a bus-stop and he had got 50 yards ahead of me when I heard a bang, looked up and saw black smoke coming from the road. Seconds later, glass was flying at me and I turned around and bent over in a shower of it. Luckily I was unhurt and for the next 15 minutes, sheltered in the nearest building, courtesy of the British Medical Association.

I travelled the last 150 or so yards to work on the basis that this would be the safest place to shelter, if there was no transport to get me home. I was allowed in and over the next hour, watched more and more evacuation taking place until Russell Square was completely empty except for the emergency services.

We were trapped from around 10 o'clock until three and reached the farcical situation at lunchtime where all of the food in the office was shared out, amounting to little more than a few bags of crisps, some biscuits and drinks.

As PR Partner, I quickly became a media personality, speaking to three newspapers and a couple of radio stations. As soon as I finish this account, I'm expecting a call from some Canadian media.

As far as we know, all of our staff are safe and sound. We can't be sure though. While it is unlikely that a bus which should have been going away from our office would contain our people, a peak-time Tube train travelling between King's Cross and Russell Square is quite another matter.

I may have been close to the action but my managing partner, Mike Tovey, was even closer. He was in his car two vehicles behind the exploding bus and even at lunchtime, looked a little bemused.

It is amazing how generous friends can be in times of adversity. A dozen people have contacted me to check that I am OK from as far afield as Germany and the United States. This means an awful lot.

The main questions that the media have asked, other than the personal ones, relate to the impact that this anarchy will have on London. We have been there before and, provided that tomorrow is quiet, the stoical English will display that famous stiff upper lip and just get on with life. However, we must remember that several dozen people will not have that chance.

Reprinted from our sister site: AccountingWEB UK. Our thoughts and heartfelt support go out to our colleagues in the UK in the wake of these tragic events.

Source:  Accounting Web
"I may have been close to the action but my managing partner, Mike Tovey, was even closer. He was in his car two vehicles behind the exploding bus and even at lunchtime, looked a little bemused."

Bemused?
"The problem with always being a conformist is that when you try to change the system from within, it's not you who changes the system; it's the system that will eventually change you." -- Immortal Technique

"The media is the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses." -- Malcolm X

"The eternal fight is not many battles fought on one level, but one great battle fought on many different levels." -- The Antagonist

"Truth does not fear investigation." -- Unknown

27 Dec 2005, 23:46 #2

Russell Square and Tavistock Square

"I was on the bus in front and heard an incredible bang, I turned round and half the double-decker bus was in the air ... It was a massive explosion and there were papers and half a bus flying through the air, I think it was the number 205. There must be a lot of people dead as all the buses were packed, they had been turning people away from the tube stops. We were about 20 metres away, that was all."
Belinda Seabrook, who was on a bus travelling from Euston to Russell Square, London

"As I was heading toward Euston I heard a bang behind me, turning round I saw a huge cloud of smoke and what looked like a truck that was mangled and twisted somehow. I knew straight away that it was a bomb. "Everyone started running and screaming. I did the same and just tried to get away."
John Kelly

"People were running this way, panicked. They knew it was a bomb. Debris flying all over, mostly glass."
Jay Kumar, owner of a newsagent near the bus blast in Russell Square

"The explosion seemed to be at the back of the bus. The roof flew off and went up about 10 metres. It then floated back down. I shouted at the passengers to get off the bus. They went into Tavistock Park nearby. There were obviously people badly injured. A parking attendant said he thought a piece of human flesh had landed on his arm."
Raj Mattoo, 35, who was standing on a street corner near Tavistock Square

"I was walking along. There was a whole crowd of people around the bus. The next thing I knew I was on the floor. There was shedloads of glass raining down. Someone fell on me and someone fell on him. For a moment I thought I was going to be trampled. I picked myself up and everyone was running. There was glass everywhere. We ran into a building and a security guard was saying 'get in, get in'. Then the security guard said 'get out' which was a bit scary." (When asked about the possibility of a terrorist attack): "I saw the bus ripped out at the back ... it couldn't have been anything else."
Unnamed eyewitness in Tavistock Place area

"I have been in the military and I've never heard anything like it before. But the whole incident was screened by trees in front of the hotel which maybe protected us from any blast."
Chris Gladysz, hotel worker, Tavistock hotel

"There was a big blast followed by the sound of people screaming. I rushed to the window and it was just unbelievable. From what I saw the top half of the bus had been blown off. And people were wandering around in a daze."
Unnamed woman, Tavistock Square

"I was coming out of a café and turned round and saw a massive explosion from the middle of the road. I was certain it was the bus. My first instinct was to run."
Eyewitness Richard Routledge
Source: The Guardian
"The problem with always being a conformist is that when you try to change the system from within, it's not you who changes the system; it's the system that will eventually change you." -- Immortal Technique

"The media is the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses." -- Malcolm X

"The eternal fight is not many battles fought on one level, but one great battle fought on many different levels." -- The Antagonist

28 Dec 2005, 00:00 #3

From the BBC web site:
At 0947 a blast tore through a number 30 double-decker bus at the junction of Tavistock Square and Upper Woburn place.

It was travelling from Marble Arch to Hackney but had been diverted from its normal route because of road closures in the wake of the tube bombings around an hour earlier.

The bomb, placed on a seat or the floor at the back of the upper deck, killed 13 people, plus the bomber.

One eyewitness said: "It was a massive explosion and there were papers and half a bus flying through the air". Another described how the roof was "lifted lazily forward and a long length of metal spun up twisting in the air".

The bus was outside the British Medical Association when the bomb went off and doctors rushed from the building to provide emergency care to the injured.

In the aftermath a large area was cordoned off and searched while forensic teams combed it for clues.

Police later established that the bomb was detonated by Hasib Hussain, 18.

Source: BBC News
I've written a couple of posts about the anomalies with the bus as the bus is still the only real image we have have from the day which reinforced the notion of something other than power surges on the underground:

Number 30 Bus Explosion - The Kicker

Number 30 Bus Explosion: Photos & Questions

More soon....

05 Jan 2006, 03:09 #4

Cloo
11-07-2005, 08:49 PM
I visited my workmates who were on the bus.

The one who broke her cheekbones was looking understandably busted up and was a bit doped as she'd had a lot of surgery. I was glad to see it was mostly just swelling around her face - she's a beautiful girl and I was worried there would be permanent damage to it, but she'll look fine once it all heals. She's getting away without needing metal plates anywhere, which is good news.

The other girl was much more awake and lively - they've removed lots of glass and shrapnel from her legs, but they're tightly wrapped up. They're basically having to leave the wounds open but clean in order to perform grafts and have them look as unscarred as possible. She said she wasn't too uncomfortable but I suspect it will be some time before she can bend and move her legs normally. But she's a really positive person and is very close to her family (as is the other girl - her husband, sister and mum were there) so she has a lot of resources to help her through this.

The worse thing is that she told me why they were on that bus - they were told to get off the tube and then, not being sure where to go, decided to take the 30 as it said 'Kings Cross' and they thought they'd get something useful from there.

They were at Euston.

If only one of them had known that it was just a 500m walk away they needn't have got on a bus at all. :( But I guess a lot of people who don't go overground much don't know things like that.

Source: Urban 75

07 Jan 2006, 20:11 #5

Moving towards Checkmate

“I doubt whether the planners knew that one of the target areas, that in Russell Square, was within a stone’s throw of a building that served as the first headquarters of the World Zionist Organization that preceded the State of Israel.”  Efraim Halevi, who heads the ‘Center for Strategic and Policy Studies at the Hebrew University in Jerusalem, is a former head of the Mossad.

I have already commented on the article written by Efraim Halevi, that was carried by the Jerusalem Post on the 7th July 2005, the same day as the bombings took place in London, and have queried the time factor in receiving such information, disseminating that information, and then writing this article for inclusion in the Israeli newspaper.  Not being a Londoner made it a bit difficult in comprehending at first just when and where the bombs went off.  It was in fact the London Bus that was targeted in Russell Square.  So let us look a bit more closely at what has been observed by others since this attack was featured in the media.

Let us concentrate on the bus bomb for a start, especially considering what Efraim Halevi has told us, that is that the bus was either in or near Russell Square.  To quote a passage from “7/7 Bombings Final Word: Her Majesty’s Terrorist Network”:

“Why did the cameras on the targeted bus malfunction that day? Why was the bus diverted from its usual route?  We personally visited the site of the bus bombing at Tavistock Place and verified that no number 30 bus travels down that road.”

So just how close is Russell Square from Tavistock Place?  Just how did Halevi get the name ‘Russell Square’ as the site of the bus bomb blast, when it actually took place in Tavistock Place?  You could state that one should never let the facts spoil a good story, as Halevi brings in his history of Dr Chaim Weizmann and the Balfour Declaration which in actual fact digresses away from the actual incident Halevi was writing about.  So what was the error?  Was Halevi in error when he wrote ‘Russell Square’?

This question is answered by ‘Skywalker’ from LibertyForum.org who wrote:

“Some background is in order here.  The explosion did not occur at a bus-stop.  According to the majority of eye-witness accounts available – the driver had stopped to ask for directions from a parking attendant who was talking to someone else on the curb, in Tavistock Square, near “77” Russell Street, after the bus was diverted and please note well – could not possibly have arrived at any passenger’s legitimate destination.”

But it is the name Tavistock that conjures up other images.  Tavistock and General John Rawlings Rees and his theories on ‘Low Intensity Warfare’ aka ‘Terrorism’.  Tavistock which in WW2 produced the SOE and the OSS which became the CIA and it was Tavistock that helped set up the ‘Rand Corporation’ the CIA think-tank. 

But I have digressed, so it is back to the bus.  In my original articles I have referred to a witness who claimed that he saw one of the bombers going through his rucksack just prior to the explosion.  On further study I find that the witness I had referred to was ‘Richard Jones’.  Again I can thank ‘Skywalker’ who has done all the hard work in collecting the various statements made by ‘Richard Jones’ some of which are as follows:

“I’m just feeling unbelievably lucky.  I had just stepped off the bus when I felt a huge explosion and heard a huge noise….I kept saying to people, I just got off that bus’.

“Richard, originally of Ardrossan, Ayrshire, ended up on the bus after the tube was evacuated because of earlier bombs.”

“He spoke of his astonishing escape yesterday and said he only got off because he was so annoyed by the man next to him fiddling with a rucksack.”

“Richard said, ‘I thought he was maybe playing with an iPOD”

“The young man got on at the same stop and immediately began to annoy Richard with his constant fidgeting.  Finally, Richard got up from his seat and asked the driver to let him off.”

“The fact this guy was annoying me so much was another reason why I was happy to get off.”

“Richard said, ‘I had to bang on the front door and shouted something like, ‘Come on, Jimmy, we want off.”

“About half a dozen people got out the back door just before us and the same number, including me, left by the front.”

“Richard, 61, said: “I noticed him as he looked nervous.  He was continuously diving into his bag, rummaging round and looking in it.”

‘I did not see his face because he was constantly looking down.”

“Richard stepped off the bus at his destination.  Seconds later it exploded behind him – with the “bomber” still on board.”

Skywalker then makes this statement in regard to Richard Jones:

“please be aware of a very important factor in this “77” equation – 'Richard Jones’ account is the ONLY “solid” (?) evidence the Main Stream Media have in this investigation so far,”

Skywalker then gives us a most interesting piece of information.

“Terence Mutasa, 27, a staff nurse at University College hospital, said, “I treated two girls in their 20s who were involved in the bus bomb.  They were saying some guy came in and sat down and that he exploded.  The girls received minor injuries and were in shock and distressed.  “They said the guy just sat down and the explosion happened.  They thought it was a suicide bomber.”

Skywalker states that there is no credence in what this nurse has stated as it is second hand.  In a normal Court of Law, that is correct, the evidence is ‘hearsay’ and thus not competent in a normal Court of Law.  However it is competent in a ‘Coronial Inquiry’.  Now you may understand why Tony Blair has ruled out any Coronial Inquiry into the London Bombings.

So now let us consider just what Richard Jones has told us.  Richard tells us that he boarded the bus after the tube was evacuated because of earlier bombs.  However, the Australian girl interviewed by John Howard was on the train that was damaged by one of the bombs and she and thus most of the commuters were unaware that their train had suffered a bomb blast.  Also again, please remember that the original reports were of damage caused by ‘power surges’.  No bombs mentioned as yet.

Richard Jones has in fact inferred that he was one of those commuters.  He hasn’t stated that he was, but simply that he was on the bus because of the tube evacuation.

Richard Jones has stated that the ‘young man’ got on at the same stop.  Again the inference is that the ‘bomber’ would have also been on the same train.  Question:  Why would two ‘Suicide bombers’ travel on the same train, when one of them would be attacking that very train?

So, both Richard Jones and the ‘Suicide bomber’ board the bus at the same bus-stop, and then they sit together.  Richard states that he was annoyed by the man sitting next to him, his fidgeting and so-forth.  But then Richard Jones states that he never saw this man’s face.  Please!  They’ve caught the bus at the same bus-stop.  They’ve waited in the same queue, they’ve sat down together, and the young man has irked the heck out of this 61 year-old Scot from Ardrossan, Ayrshire, so much so that Jones has had to get up and actually get off the bus.  Not simply change seats thank-you, or move somewhere else, but actually get off the bus.  Richard Jones states that this man was annoying him so much so that he was happy to get off the bus, and yet was unable to identify the man, because the ‘young man’ was constantly looking down??

Now the bus is diverted.  It cannot be due to any bomb alarms, as the bombs have not yet been identified as such, but rather as power surges, but the bus is diverted.  The only possible reason that comes to mind would be the ‘mock drills’ carried out by Peter Power’s Visor Consultants, the so-called ‘anti-terrorist drills’ that were being carried out simultaneously as the real thing.

Now I have no idea of how far the bus was diverted prior to Richard Jones getting off in Tavistock Place, or Tavistock Square as it is also called in some articles, but Richard Jones tells us that 6 passengers alighted from the rear door and he and five others alighted from the front door.  Jones states that within seconds of his alighting from the bus, the bomb went off.

Richard Jones tells us that he banged on the front door of the bus and shouted something like, “Come on, Jimmy, we want off.” And only then did the driver open the doors to let his passengers alight.  But here’s the thing that Skywalker noticed.  The eleven people who supposedly alighted from the bus with Richard Jones did not react when the bus exploded.  Nor did they hang around for the police and of course the media, but Richard Jones did. 

None of these eleven people stayed to help the victims, none of these people went to corroborate Richard Jones story, and even Richard Jones tells us with, "I kept saying to people, I just got off that bus!”  Not we, not them and I, just me.  How did Richard Jones feel about his good fortune?  “I’m just feeling unbelievably lucky.”  A more prudent man would have been thinking of the victims.  Oh, by the way, if you were a ‘Suicide bomber’ on a bus ready to blow it up and kill as many of the passengers as you could, would you blow the bus up before or after twelve of those passengers, including that cantankerous old Scot who had been seated next to you had a chance to escape?

There are though a couple of signs about Richard Jones.  We are not told his occupation, or supposed occupation, nor are we told of the area where he resides, not even the city.  All we are told is that he originates from Ayrshire and that could be 60 years out of date.

Again, it was only Richard Jones that got up in front of the media and told everybody his story.  It is strange that there was no corroboration from any other source, and there must have been a number of onlookers.  What is even stranger was the fact that Richard Jones was able to give his story to the media.

You see, with this particular ‘crime scene’ the police in charge would be from one of the ‘specialist squads’ most probably the ‘anti-terrorist’ squad, and they would not want any damaging information to be leaked out to the supposed ‘terrorists’.  Also again in these types of situations, and it is parallel to Australia’s Port Arthur Massacre of April 1996, the media is ‘drip fed’, and you would have noticed that Richard Jones’ story followed the ‘official’ line of young men with rucksacks.

So the ‘Anti-Terrorist Squad’ has their first major lead in regard to the London bombing, and they then go and let this vital witness spread to story loud and clear.  Apparently what the ‘Anti-Terrorist Squad’ didn’t do was to take Richard Jones to a quiet location and try to as much information from him as possible, a task by the way that would have taken several hours.  No, they just let him blab to the media, the last thing they would want from such a vital witness.

So where is the corroborating evidence in regard to Richard Jones evidence?  There will be a lot of people who after hearing Richard Jones proclaim, “I just got off that bus!” would believe that was fact, but in truth there is no supporting evidence.  In fact there is no evidence to support any of Richard Jones’ statements, but consider what the nurse has stated.

“I treated two girls in their 20s who were involved in the bus bomb.  They were saying some guy came in and sat down and that he exploded.  The girls received minor injuries and were in shock and distressed.  “They said the guy just sat down and the explosion happened.  They thought it was a suicide bomber.”

The guy came in and sat down and that he exploded.  No mention of the rucksack, no mention of the fidgeting, no mention of the passenger beside him becoming so annoyed that he up and left, and no mention of the eleven other passengers alighting just prior to the explosion.

Now if you had been on that bus and witnessed a dozen people alighting just prior to the explosion, would that have made an impact on you?  20%, 25%, or even 30% of the passengers alighting just prior to the explosion and yet these two girls missed that?  And of course the cameras on the bus were not operating at that particular time and the head of MI6, Richard Dearlove knows all about switching off cameras, as he was Head of Paris Station in 1997 when Princess Diana died.

But back to what the two girls said they saw, “some guy came in and sat down and that he exploded”. So how did witnesses describe the other explosions on the trains?  Again from the work of Paul Joseph Watson and Alex Jones:

“The first eyewitness to report this was Bruce Lait, a victim of the Aldgate Station bombing.

He told the Cambridge Evening News, “The policeman said ‘mind that hole, that’s where the bomb was’.  They seem to think the bomb was left in a bag, but I don’t remember anybody being where the bomb was, or any bag.”

Now another credible source, Guardian journalist Mark Honigsbaum, talked to eyewitnesses at the Edgware Road bombing, who essentially described the same thing.

Eyewitnesses told Honigsbaum that “tiles, the covers on the floor of the train, suddenly flew up, were raised up.”

There is a complete difference in what was described as the guy exploding on the bus, and the explosions on the two trains.  But what we have is one witness telling the world exactly what Efraim Halevi the former head of Mossad wanted the world to hear, ‘suicide bombers’.

I believe there is sufficient evidence to show that Richard Jones was at the very least a ‘Professional Witness’, and he is the only person recorded to have been in the area just prior to the bomb on the bus being detonated.  That inference can be quite staggering, since it can be argued that the bombs were not carried in rucksacks, and were not detonated by ‘Suicide bombers’, then the next question must be, just how was this particular bomb set off at the desired location of outside 77 Great Russell Street, and by whom?

I have previously mentioned Peter Power of Visor Consultants so perhaps it is now time to look at what we are told about Peter Power by Fintan Dunne, Editor BreakForNews.com on 11th July, 2005:

Peter Power, a crisis management consultant and former member of Britain’s anti-terror police to a “terrorism drill” which (Alex) Jones alleges was used to provide cover for State perpetrators of the multiple blasts.”

“Peter Power, MD of Visor Consultants is a gent who is well worth a much closer look.  He is the ultimate insider in the coyly-named Business Continuity (BC) marketplace.

He was selected by the UK Government to write the Best management Practice Guide on Crisis and BC Planning & Risk Management, a hotly-trafficed download from the DTI web site [pdf].  He also wrote the book on BC for the British Bankers Association.  He is all over the media and was a previous award winner for BC ‘personality of the year’.

His firm’s clients in London have included JP Morgan Chase, ING, Mellon, Lloyds TSB, Morley Fund management, Bank of New York, Arcadia Group, FCO and Universal Music.

All of which is not surprising, as he has a senior Scotland yard background which included a stint at the Anti Terrorist Branch, and a deputy forward control role at the Libyan People Bureau siege.  He frequently speaks on TV & radio, and is the darling of BBC news and talk shows.

Power surely still has close links with Anti Terror branch, and seems to operate as a “good cop” for the establishment –in PR terms.  Whenever there is a terror incident, there is Peter on the BBC with a relaxed attitude; with a habitual, understanding line about how “stretched” are the security services; and with a reassuring tone which implies that all is jolly good, top-notch and well in hand.

But some of those many appearances by Power stand out in the context of the latest London Underground bombings.

One was the occasion of the rocket attack on the MI6 spy headquarters itself –in central London at Vauxhall Cross, just before 2200 on 21 September, 2000.  The missile smashed an eighth floor window on the southern side of the building, home of the Foreign Intelligence Service.

Although dissident Irish republicans were the prime suspects, no group ever claimed responsibility.

Another was the curious bombing of the BBC just six months later on 5 march, 2001.  About 15 pounds of high explosive left in a taxi abandoned outside BBC Television Centre caused only minor damage.  Attacks against the media are pretty rare.  The same dissident republicans were suspected.

After the MI6 rocket attack, as usual Power was quoted by the BBC.  He described the MI6 building as one of the most high profile in central London

“If you wanted to make a name for yourself, get yourself back onto the front pages, why not go for something that’s high profile and minimal risk,” he said.

Why not, indeed.

What we have just been told here is that Peter Power was the deputy forward controller of the siege at the Libyan People Bureau, the scene of the shooting murder of Policewoman Yvonne Fletcher, which was later to be exposed by an American Intelligence Officer, Lester Coleman, as a psyops.  Then Joe Vialls in several articles stated that he was the gunman that shot PWC Fletcher.  Joe Vialls aka Ari Ben Menashe also claimed links to Mossad and other intelligence groups.

What this means is that we can now link Peter Power to a psyops incident that occurred on the 19th April 1984, as well as the possibility of an involvement by Mossad.  If we look at the last two ‘terrorist attacks’ mentioned by Fintan Dunne, that is against the MI6 building and outside the BBC and Power’s reactions to them, and then consider the latest London bombings, then we should become very concerned.  Finally consider that a former head of Mossad, Efraim Halevi appears to have inside knowledge of these London bombings, of which Peter Power is running a parallel ‘mock’ scenario then the links appear to have been strengthened.

Andrew S. MacGregor

23 August 2005
http://www.adelaideinstitute.org/Australia/andrew.htm
"We are not democrats for, among other reasons, democracy sooner or later leads to war and dictatorship. Just as we are not supporters of dictatorships, among other things, because dictatorship arouses a desire for democracy, provokes a return to democracy, and thus tends to perpetuate a vicious circle in which human society oscillates between open and brutal tyranny and a lying freedom." - Errico Malatesta, Democracy and Anarchy 1924

07 Jan 2006, 20:45 #6

Copyright 2005 American Broadcasting Companies, Inc.
ABC News Transcripts

GOOD MORNING AMERICA (07:00 AM ET) – ABC

July 13, 2005 Wednesday

854 words

EYEWITNESS TO TERROR RICHARD JONES

CHARLES GIBSON ABC NEWS

(Off Camera) We’re going to turn next to an eyewitness to terror. You’re going to meet a man named Richard Jones.

CHARLES GIBSON

(Voice Over) He was riding that No.30 bus in London near Tavistock Square, which is right near Russell Square. And that was the bus that was ripped apart by that explosion. He’s joining us now for an exclusive live interview from our London bureau.

CHARLES GIBSON

(Off Camera) Mr. Jones, appreciate your being with us.

RICHARD JONES, WITNESS TO LONDON BUS BOMBING

I’m very lucky to be here.

CHARLES GIBSON

(Off Camera) Well, indeed you are. I, I, I understand you noticed this fellow right away on the bus.

Graphics: Terror in London.

Graphics: Eyewitness to Terror

RICHARD JONES

That is, that’s correct. I was sitting on the bus. I had taken the bus ahead of the, the crowd, which had been evacuated from one of the mainline stations. And this young man came in, very well dressed, and put a bag at his feet and turned his back on me. And the bus was moving very slowly, grid locked, and it was diverted off its normal route. And this young man continued to dip into the bag, and fiddle about with something, then come back up. And, you know, that happened, oh, about every 30 seconds. And he appeared to be getting more and more frustrated.

CHARLES GIBSON

(Off Camera) Could you tell us what he was doing with the bag, Mr. Jones?

RICHARD JONES

Not really. It was a – obviously, a small bag. It didn’t go beyond the width of his ankles. But he was, his actions were almost like holding a bunch of grapes and taking a couple off, if, if that helps you. In reflection, that’s what he, the actions he was appearing to do. So, he was going in with both hands.

CHARLES GIBSON

(Off Camera) The…

RICHARD JONES

(clears throat) Excuse me.

CHARLES GIBSON

(Off Camera) The police have said that they have seen these fellows arriving at King Cross Station (sic) in a closed-circuit television, one of those security cameras, and that they had knapsacks, rucksacks, backpacks on. Is that what this looked like….

RICHARD JONES

That’s correct.

CHARLES GIBSON

(Off Camera) Yeah.

RICHARD JONES

Well, it – it would be something – it wasn’t like a large sports bag which protruded beyond his ankles. So, that would be consistent, yeah.

CHARLES GIBSON

(Off Camera) And this was annoying as he did this to those who were on the bus?

RICHARD JONES

Well, it was annoying to me because he was actually invading my space. And basically, I could see that, you know, he was very, very well dressed and, you know, the fact that he kept pushing almost his bottom into, into, my, my, my face as he kept going through this manouver, was the reason I noticed it.

CHARLES GIBSON

(Voice Over) Now, I understand you got off just before the explosion because the bus had been re-routed and, and really wasn’t getting anywhere. You got off and, and what happened just after you got off?

RICHARD JONES

Correct. Basically, a chap near me decided to walk and, and he, he attracted the attention of the bus driver. I was then able to go out the back door, the rear door of the bus, where the explosion occurred. The bus moved about 15 yards and exploded behind me.

CHARLES GIBSON

(Voice Over) And I understand you heard a scream before the explosion. Is that right?

RICHARD JONES

Exactly. Yes. There was a, a, very, very, strange scream. Something that I, I don’t think I’ll forget. And almost immediately before the explosion.

CHARLES GIBSON

(Off Camera) And – but – and you have….

RICHARD JONES

And this is…

CHARLES GIBSON

(Off Camera) You have no idea why that happened?

RICHARD JONES

No idea at all. This was also verified because, unfortunately, one of the, the victims was being phoned at the time and her husband heard the scream as well, and then the phone went dead.

CHARLES GIBSON

(Voice Over) When the explosion occurred, did it occur to you right away it was probably that fellow?

RICHARD JONES

Not really. I think two or three minutes’ reflection, you know, and then the, the movements that he was involved in became suspicious. And then I actually walked across and reported it to the police.

CHARLES GIBSON

(Voice Over) Any doubt in your mind that he died on that bus?

RICHARD JONES

No, not at all. Because I had to walk around him to reach the, the rear door.

CHARLES GIBSON

(Voice Over) And you…

RICHARD JONES

And I’m, I’m convinced he did not get off the bus and was still on the bus.

CHARLES GIBSON

(Off Camera) And you must feel very lucky to be alive.

RICHARD JONES

Very, very lucky. It’s like, but, you know, you’re quite philosophical. It’s very much like walking off a sidewalk and almost getting knocked down by a passing car. You get back on the sidewalk and you go on with your life.

CHARLES GIBSON

(Off Camera) Well, Richard Jones, I appreciate it. Thanks ever so much for being with us. All the best to you.

RICHARD JONES

You’re welcome. Thank you.

CHARLES GIBSON

(Off Camera) Take care. Let’s go to the weather now. Tony Perkins.

July 14, 2005.

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/En ... 45&start=5
"We are not democrats for, among other reasons, democracy sooner or later leads to war and dictatorship. Just as we are not supporters of dictatorships, among other things, because dictatorship arouses a desire for democracy, provokes a return to democracy, and thus tends to perpetuate a vicious circle in which human society oscillates between open and brutal tyranny and a lying freedom." - Errico Malatesta, Democracy and Anarchy 1924

07 Jan 2006, 20:55 #7

London "Suicide Bomber": Cross-Examining the Witness
  by Mark Faulk

It was trumpeted in newspaper article after newspaper article around the world: "Witnesses Suspect Suicide Bomber."

The Fox News version also cited multiple witnesses, and there seemed to be no question about it: "Some witness accounts suggested the bus bomber may have blundered, blowing up the wrong target and accidentally killing himself."

The UK Sun said that, "Shocked survivors told how they saw a 'suicide bomber' on board the double-decker bus destroyed in yesterday’s terrorist outrage." Other reports referred to "accounts from eyewitnesses on the No. 30 bus" that "raise the spectre of a suicide bomber."

So there you have it. Case closed. According to almost every major news report, not only did investigators find "some of his property on the double-decker bus in which 13 died", but they apparently had multiple reliable witnesses who actually saw the bomber enter the bus with his bomb, and lived to tell about it. Granted, the alleged bomber himself was blown to bits, but who cares, because "WE'VE GOT EYEWITNESSES!"

Justice prevails again. Or does it? Let's take a look at the list of witnesses that have come forward to corroborate the "official version" of the story as it was so dutifully reported by the press.

Okay, first of all there's this guy.......Richard Jones, 61, of Berkshire. And then there's.......um, there's.....well, there's these two girls who told someone at some hospital that they saw a guy "blow up". Names? NO, we didn't get THEIR names, or their stories, and we don't actually HAVE any other witnesses......but we've got Richard Jones!

Luckily, Jones' story is so detailed, and his account is so reliable, that we don't NEED any other witnesses. I mean, everybody has heard his saga by now.....haven't they? Well, if you haven't, don't worry, we'll tell you his story right now. Because Jones SAW THE BOMBER!

Let's start with what we know "for certain" (Why? Because Richard Jones told us!): He was on the bus just seconds before it blew up, saw the bomber with the bomb, and miraculously, got off just in the nick of time.

First, let's hear what Jones had to say about the bomber:

The UK's Sunday Mail said that Jones "revealed how he came face-to-face with one of the London bombers" and that Jones said that the bombing suspect "was right in my face." Then, in the same interview, Jones also said that "He was standing with his back to me downstairs at the driver's side."

The Associated Press version quotes Jones from the BBC interviews as saying, ""Everybody is standing face-to-face and this guy kept dipping into this bag."

But then, in an article in the UK's Sun, Jones had this to say: "I did not see his face because he was constantly looking down."

And in another interview he said it this way: "I didn't actually see his face but he was becoming more and more anxious."

Then, in an interview with ABC News anchor Charles Gibson, Jones said: "he kept pushing almost his bottom into, into my, my, my face."

"Face-to-face with the bomber"....."right in my face"....."I did not see his face"...."Standing with his back to me"...."pushing his bottom into my face."

Huh? Well, at least his description of the bomb was accurate:

From the BBC News: "He was standing next to me with a bag at his feet and he kept dipping into this bag and fiddling about with something."

Yahoo News: " an agitated man fiddling suspiciously with a paper sack."

In the Sunday Mail: "he only got off because he was so annoyed by the man next to him fiddling with a rucksack"

The interview with ABC's Charles Gibson:

Jones: " It was a, obviously, a small bag. It didn't go beyond the width of his ankles."

Gibson: "The police have said that they have seen these fellows arriving at King Cross Station (sic) in a closed-circuit television, one of those security cameras, and that they had knapsacks, rucksacks, backpacks on. Is that what this looked like?" (Editor's note: Is that what they call "leading the witness?")

Jones: "That's correct, well, it, it would be something, it wasn't like a large sports bag which protruded beyond his ankles. So that would be consistent."

"A paper sack"....."a small bag"....."fiddling with a rucksack"...."knapsack, rucksack, backpack"....."it wasn't like a large sports bag."

This is not looking good for the prosecution. Be honest with me here. How many of you out there wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a paper sack and a backpack? That's what I thought. Okay, let's move on to the bomber's appearance:

In the News Observer: "He described the man as being about 6 feet tall, olive-skinned and clean-shaven, wearing light brown trousers and a light brown top."

The Sunday Mail: "The man was wearing hipster-style fawn checked trousers, with exposed designer underwear, and a matching jersey-style top. Richard said: 'The pants looked very expensive, they were white with a red band on top.'"

Associated Press: "He described the man as being about 6 feet tall, olive-skinned and clean-shaven, wearing light brown trousers and a light brown top."

But then, on July 15, newspapers and TV stations around the world carried pictures of 18 year old Hasib Hussain....the bus suicide bomber, taken by closed circuit television cameras just two and half hours before he allegedly blew up London Bus No. 30. The Age online newspaper ran a picture of Hussain, and said that "The image is grainy but stubble is visible on his face. He is wearing a dark jacket and dark trousers and his carrying a backpack."

"Hipster-style fawn checked trousers and a matching jersey-style top"...."olive-skinned and clean-shaven, wearing light brown trousers and a light brown top"....

And the real bombing suspect? "stubble visible on his face.....wearing a dark jacket and dark trousers." And correct me if I'm wrong, but in the picture, his dark jacket, dark trousers, and shirt all appear to be blue....not "fawn checkered....not "light brown".

Oh.....and he's "carrying a backpack"....not a "paper sack"....not a "small bag".

Moving on....Our expert eyewitness then got off of the bus because.....well, we'll let him tell you why he got off of the bus:

Remember the Sunday Mail? "he only got off because he was so annoyed by the man next to him fiddling with a rucksack."

From the Reuters version: "Richard Jones jumped off his bus when he realised it wasn't following the usual route."

Associated Press: "Jones decided to join another passenger who said he was going to walk instead."

Back to the ABC News interview:

Gibson: "Now, I understand you got off just before the explosion because the bus had been re-routed and, and really wasn't getting anywhere."

Jones: "Correct. I was then able to go out the back door, the rear door of the bus."

And finally, lets go back to the UK Sun article: "Richard stepped off the bus at his destination."

Wait, there's one more. From the Independent: "Mr Jones got off the bus - he did not know why - and started walking."

"Wasn't following the usual route"...."decided to walk"...."wasn't getting anywhere"...."annoyed by the man with the rucksack"...."reached his destination"...."got off the bus-he did not know why."

And that's not all. In several versions, Jones said that he exited out "the back door, the rear door", (ABC interview), and that "we banged the back of the bus and the driver then let us off," (Associated Press), but then, in the Sunday Mail version, he said, "I had to bang on the front door and shouted something like, 'Come on, Jimmy, we want off.' About half a dozen got out the back door just before us and the same number, including me, left by the front."

"Banged the back of the bus"...."banged on the front door"....went out "the back door, the rear door"...."left by the front."

While Richard Jones "expert testimony" was used to supposedly "identify" Hasib Hussain as the London Bus bomber, and whose story, excuse me.....stories.....have been repeated around the world, ad nauseam, a witness who was on one of the London train carriages has been largely ignored. 32 year-old dance instructor Bruce Lait, who was in the carriage where the bomb went off (and has the injuries to prove it), said that "the metal was pushed upwards as if the bomb was underneath the train,"and "they seem to think the bomb was left in a bag, but I don't remember anybody being where the bomb was, or any bag."

Whether Richard Jones is a sick publicity hound who is trying to cash in on the tragedies of the London bombings, a pathological liar who has either gradually embellished his story or cut it out of whole cloth, or was in fact planted by "someone" to corroborate the official story, one thing is certain. His story is not credible, and is so full of holes that anything he says should be discounted as unreliable. And other than Jones, authorities have singled out NO EYEWITNESSES WHATSOVER to the bus bombing, and public officials and the media have once again perpetuated a story that just doesn't hold up to close examination.

April 19, 1995, Oklahoma City.....9/11/2001, New York City......and now, July 7, 2005, London......Three tragedies, three cities, and an entire world still waiting for the truth.   
(Editor's note: A special thanks to Faulking Truth reader Chris Day, who contributed much of the research that made this article possible.)
http://www.faulkingtruth.com/Articles/C ... /1037.html