Reply from the Home Office

A forum for the publication of independent public research conducted by J7 Independent People's Inquiry Forum Members and J7 RELEASE THE EVIDENCE Activists and Campaigners in the joint quest to get to the truth behind what really happened on July 7th 2005. Post your Freedom of Information requests, the responses, and official communications with other bodies and representatives of state and corporate entities here.

Reply from the Home Office

19 Jun 2006, 21:59 #1

My MP has received the following letter from Home Office minister Tony McNulty. The letter is dated 14th June 2006.
Dear _MP_,

Thank you for your letter of 18th May 2006 addressed to the Home Secretary, enclosing correspondence from _cmain_. In his letter he identifies a number of areas which he believes are inaccurate or incomplete in the official report on 7th July last year.

The Account draws together the information across Government and from the police and intelligence agencies in order to establish clearly the events leading up the (sic) 7 July bombings. It is intended to reflect what is known about the persons responsible for carrying out the attacks and how and why they came to do what they did.

The narrative draws together the information across Government and from the police and intelligence agencies in order to clearly establish what we know about the events leading up the (sic) 7 July bombings.

Please pass on to _cmain_ that his concerns have been noted.

Tony

BUILDING A SAFE, JUST AND TOLERANT SOCIETY
No, I haven't mis-typed the quote, the third paragraph in the letter is almost identical to the first sentence of the second paragraph.

The two particular examples I mentioned in my original letter were that no train left Luton for Kings Cross at 0740 (contrary to both the narrative and the Home Secretary's statement to the House of Commons), and that the 0721 CCTV photograph contradicts the statement that the men passed through the ticket barriers at 0715. Contrary to Mr McNulty's letter, these are not merely my personal beliefs but publicly documented facts (Thameslink for the train times, Met Police for the 0721 timestamp and Hansard for the Home Secretary's statement).

As you can imagine, I find this letter totally unsatisfactory, and I will pursue the matter further, particularly emphasising that the Home Secretary has misled Parliament in his statement.

My MP's comment on the letter was:
I persist in my view that there is no substitute for a full public inquiry and that is what my colleagues and I [ie the Conservatives] will continue to press for.
Innocent until proven guilty

23 Jun 2006, 23:24 #2

A little too much haste with the cut and paste, Mr McNulty. It's come to something when they can't even be bothered to be coherent any more.
"The problem with always being a conformist is that when you try to change the system from within, it's not you who changes the system; it's the system that will eventually change you." -- Immortal Technique

"The media is the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses." -- Malcolm X

"The eternal fight is not many battles fought on one level, but one great battle fought on many different levels." -- The Antagonist

"Truth does not fear investigation." -- Unknown

28 Jun 2006, 20:32 #3

Jetstar28 got a very similar reply, without the cut and paste error.

For him, they decided to boldly go with the split infinitive variant of "to clearly establish".

28 Jun 2006, 20:59 #4

The reply from the HO to Jetstar28 has been placed on the website with his pertinent comments.

http://www.julyseventh.co.uk/july-7-let ... ponse.html

What a great kid.
�To those who are afraid of the truth, I wish to offer a few scary truths; and to those who are not afraid of the truth, I wish to offer proof that the terrorism of truth is the only one that can be of benefit to the proletariat.� -- On Terrorism and the State, Gianfranco Sanguinetti

04 Jul 2006, 16:30 #5

Jetstar28 got the same reply, but without the copy and paste error.
I rather think that is slightly incorrect, see the first lines of the second and third paragraphs.

Pathetic I agree.
In the name of Peace, Love, Truth and Justice, release the evidence! The Antagonist/Bridget

24 Jul 2006, 21:43 #6

The latest instalment (undated):
Dear cmain,

Thank you for your letter of 27 June 2006 raising further concerns about the Official Account of the London Bombings and in particular the time the train departed from Luton station on the morning of 7 July 2005.

As you may be aware, the Home Secretary made a statement on 11 July 2006 and a (sic) part of that statement he explained that police have now informed us that it is indeed incorrect that the bombers (sic) left Luton station on a train at 07.40am. The train in fact left Luton station at 07.25 am. It did, however, arrive at Kings Cross at 08.23 am, as recorded in the Official Account. Althought this does not appear to affect anything else in the Official Account it is nevertheless an error. The Home Secretary has asked the police for a full report on how the discrepancy came about and we will ensure the Official Account is amended.

I hope this addresses your query.

Yours sincerely,

Crime Reduction and Community Safety Group
It addresses one of my two queries, so I have written back to remind them about the contradiction between passing throught the ticket barriers at 0715 and being outside the station at 0721.

25 Jul 2006, 11:16 #7

What about the statements from the passengers on the (non-existent) 07:40 train? They obviously couldn't have seen the alleged bombers.
07.40: The London King’s Cross train leaves Luton station. There are conflicting accounts of their behaviour on the train. Some witnesses report noisy conversations, another believes he saw 2 of them standing silently by a set of train doors. The 4 stood out a bit from usual commuters due to their luggage and casual clothes, but not enough to cause suspicion. This was the beginning of the summer tourist period and Luton Station serves Luton Airport.
Are they now going to go and get statements from passengers who were on the 07:25?
All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them - Galileo Galilei