Rachel North issues 'invite' to The Antagonist

Keeping an eye on the media coverage of July 7th, and taking the media to task over their inaccuracies, mis-leading statements and distortions. Post all your complaints and responses here! If you spot inaccuracies in the media coverage, here's the place to tell us about it.

Rachel North issues 'invite' to The Antagonist

Bridget

01 Oct 2006, 11:04 #1

A comment left by Rachel on 'Anything that defies my sense of reason'
[quote=""Rachel North""] said...

From your home page...'Feelers'

'Investigative journalists are a bit like you - keen to know truth, willing to plough through detail. diligent and determined.'

What you missed out - and this says it all, frankly. Twisting the truth to serve your own self-seeking, bizarre agenda.

'Investigative journalists are a bit like you - keen to know truth, willing to plough through detail. diligent and determined. The difference is, they are independent and don't have an agenda that they twist the facts to fit. They are not paranoid and they don't start with the theory that all is a lie and everyone is out to get them. They are hard to fool. They'll chase up leads for a story. Many of them are no fans fo the government. Why do you think that they are not following up your stories and allegations, but instead meekly swallowing whatever they are told in a highly unusual non-journo like way?

I'd like to ask why you repeatedly deny I was on the train, and survived. Why you call me a 'survivor'' in inverted commas, and imply I am some kind of official propogandist? When I provably, demonstrably was there and was almost killed?

Why do you deny that a suicide bombers murdered 26 and wounded 240, (including me) on the Piccadilly line on 7/7/05?

Why you continue to peddle such utter lies?

It really does horrify me, and it upsets many others who were there.As you know, from the commenbts of Mitch and Holly, fellow survivors.

And I cannot understand it: perhaps conspiracy theories are fun for you, but you are exonerating murderers, inslting the survivors, injured and bereaved, and lying, lying, lying... and to what purpose?

It is truly dreadful, and it is sad and it is pathetic and it is loathesome.

I ask you, please to contact me. I would like to meet you face to face and ask you these questions. Perhaps with other survivors in attendance.

Thej you might see the hurt and anger that your lies cause, and you might cease.

And I bet you a) don't let this through

b) attack me yet again.

Whatever. All I want is for you to be faced with the truth, and to understand. Surely someone who is so interested in the subject of 7/7 would welcome the chance.

But I doubt you have the courage to face up to your actions in the real world.

And that says it all.

And no, this is not a trap set by M15 to bump you off, or whatever you imagine. Grow up. It is an honest attempt to get you to listen, and to hear you myself, before I publish, and you are damned.

30/9/06 18:27 [/quote]
To which Ant replied:
For someone with 12 years in advertising and marketing strategy you're not very good at making an offer that can't be refused.

The only agenda you'll find here is that of a quest for the truth, the sort of truth one might find during a moment of introspection.
�To those who are afraid of the truth, I wish to offer a few scary truths; and to those who are not afraid of the truth, I wish to offer proof that the terrorism of truth is the only one that can be of benefit to the proletariat.� -- On Terrorism and the State, Gianfranco Sanguinetti

numeral

01 Oct 2006, 11:48 #2

On a minor point of information the narrative says 340 injured on the Piccadilly Line not 240.
Follow the numbers.

fedor

01 Oct 2006, 11:50 #3

Why do you deny that a suicide bombers murdered 26 and wounded 240, (including me) on the Piccadilly line on 7/7/05

The case against the accused wouldn't stand up for five minutes in a Banana Republic courtroom, the only things that keeps the 'suicide bomber' myth alive is people like North trying to make a career out of it. Surprised she's going to create book out of her deluded porkies. I wonder how many times she will remind us of being a 'victim' and a 'survivor' before launching into poisonous attacks against nutjobs who question the official line?

The Antagonist

01 Oct 2006, 12:22 #4

numeral @ Oct 1 2006, 12:48 PM wrote:On a minor point of information the narrative says 340 injured on the Piccadilly Line not 240.
Let's not let the 'facts' contained in the narrative get in the way of a good tirade at this late stage in the day.
"The problem with always being a conformist is that when you try to change the system from within, it's not you who changes the system; it's the system that will eventually change you." -- Immortal Technique

"The media is the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses." -- Malcolm X

"The eternal fight is not many battles fought on one level, but one great battle fought on many different levels." -- The Antagonist

"Truth does not fear investigation." -- Unknown

Bridget

02 Oct 2006, 11:36 #5

Rachel has replied to The Antagonist:
So...too scared to meet up then?

Thought so. Not so much fun in the real world to be confronted with your actions, your allegations and their consequences on real people , is it?

For someone interested in 'investigating truth', you sure are shy about the chance to test out your theories. I am offering to meet you, and to answer your questions, and to ask you some. In a pub, or some public place.

You know my email, and yet I note that you cannot bring your self to talk face to face with one, or more, 7/7 survivors.

Which says a lot, don't you think? All those posts, all those theories, all that talk....and then, when faced with an opportunity a real investigative truthseeking person would jump at - you retreat into empty posturing.

Well, you had your chance. Moment of introspection? If you ever had one, you might blush for shame.

1/10/06 22:02
This is the same Rachel who when I approached her afer the Milan Rai book launch to introduce myself, refused to even look me in the eye, let alone 'bring your self to talk face to face with one of the 7/7 survivors'.

Rachel has now reinvented herself as a writer after leaving her marketing job, we look forward to reading the book.
�To those who are afraid of the truth, I wish to offer a few scary truths; and to those who are not afraid of the truth, I wish to offer proof that the terrorism of truth is the only one that can be of benefit to the proletariat.� -- On Terrorism and the State, Gianfranco Sanguinetti

Bridget

02 Oct 2006, 12:50 #6

Great reply Ant, spot on:
said...

Simply, Rachel, I have nothing to say to you in private that cannot be said in public.

If fear were an element in this I would have ignored the events of 7 July 2005 entirely in the same way as the mainstream media have done, along with the majority of UK bloggers who have chosen to ignore it and the many unaswered questions that still exist. That these questions still exist so far down the line is in itself as criminal as the events that caused these questions and led to the 'largest criminal inquiry in English history'.

I am aware of your numerous requests for meetings with anyone who dares to question the anomalies, inconsistencies and outright factual inaccuracies in the official and media-spun stories of events, almost as if it is your job to set everyone straight. Yet when one person with such questions, Bridget Dunne, endeavoured to introduce herself to you, she met with much the same offensive approach with which your 'invite' to me was issued and was further subjected to a not-inconsiderable amount of bile, vitriol and abuse that poured forth from you in one or two of your favourite Internet haunts.

The truth about what happened on 7 July has nothing to do with your own personal experience but instead with the facts and evidence, such as any of it may turn out to be. The onus is not on you, Bridget or I, but on the government and police to produce those facts and evidence in a manner satisfactory to the general public whom they serve.

Perhaps you have forgotten your own refusal to have anything to do with the July 7th Truth Campaign and your own words in one of the many interviews that you have given since 7 July 2005. Quoting from a Guardian article published on Tuesday June 27, 2006:

--- BEGIN QUOTE ---
    Dunne and the Antagonist aren't the only ones who would like to see all the evidence. Rachel North, who was travelling in the front carriage of the Piccadilly line train with Lindsay when he detonated his bomb deep beneath Russell Square, and who miraculously escaped with only minor injuries, has also called for an independent public inquiry.

But unlike Dunne she does not think there is any mystery about what happened. "We all know what happened," she says. "We were there. What we want to know is why it happened."

She says that conspiracy theorists have repeatedly twisted her words to make out there was no bomb on her train and even that she is a professional M15 disinformation agent. When she challenged these claims, she says she was subjected to vitriolic abuse. As a consequence, she refuses to have anything to do with the July 7 Truth Campaign or related sites, arguing that they risk undermining the legitimacy of survivors' calls for a public inquiry.

"I have had endless run-ins with these people," she says. "Some of them are fairly well intentioned, if eccentric, others hugely offensive. I worry that they are making all of us look like conspiracy theorists and/or traumatised people who shouldn't be taken seriously."

Source: Seeing Isn't Believing
    By Mark Honigsbaum, The Guardian
    --- END QUOTE ---

2/10/06 13:26

Bridget

04 Oct 2006, 20:05 #7

... and she says the sweetest things !
[quote=""Rachel North""] said...

@ 'Anything that defies my sense of reason'author( I don't quiite think you grasp the irony inherent in that title, do you love?)

So, yet agan, you decline the offer of of a meeting with me or with any other July 7 witness?

Just like Bridget Dunne when I offered to meet her, once, long ago. Neither of you seem to be able to rouse yourselves to follow up your public and contrversial allegations in conversation with a real live witness of said events. How extremely odd in a so-called 'truthseeker'! When every independent investigative journalist has followed up such leads. It is almost as if you were only concerned with making a reputation swapping theories on the internet, and were shying away from any opportunity to follow up your theories by testing them in the real world!

But I am sure that you have your own reasons for publicly revealing yourself as a wriggling, craven coward in this way.

Of course, there's safey in numbers...At the book launch of a well-known peace activist, Ms Dunne turned up with a bunch of heckling '9/11 Truth Activists' who appalled the numerous 7/7 survivors in attendance by shouting and interupting the meeting and maintaining that the bombers were innocent. You know, on that night, I felt my sympathies were with my fellow passengers, not those who had sickened the audience with their rudeness and their repetition of provable lies. I simply didn't feel like chatting with Ms Dunne, after all, her fellow attendees had been grotesquely rude to my host. At that meeting, Ms. Dunne attempted to press upon me a pamphlet full of falsehoods, meanhwhile though, I had noted that my personal previous attempt to meet with her or talk to her had been rejected. On that night, therefore, I elected to spend time with people I cared about, rather than with a pamphlet-pushing crank who had turned up with abusive hecklers and who had refused my offer of a meeting earlier. I was not at all offensive to Ms Dunne, I merely did not want to have anything to do with her, given that she and turned up with a bunch of people whom had been appallingly offensive.Therefore, when she came up to me, I simply said ' I know who you are', and I moved on to talk to others who were nearer and had other things to say.

I should have thought that a person holding such peculiar views as yourself or Bridget would be well used to people moving away from him in polite company, but perhaps you don't get out and mingle much these days? If not, be assured I can quite see why! Especially after that mocking Guardian piece!

Onto this: ' almost as if it is your job to set everyone straight'.

But it very clearly is not my job, is it?. So what are you saying? My job was until recently advising upon corporate FMCG youth product advertising stragegies, and now it is freelance writing. Your frequent references and inferences to me being some kind of official plant are provably utterly wrong, and merely make you appear to be a paranoid fool.

As to numeral's idea for a pub night, I assume, numeral that you have considered inviting the parents of Holly and Jessica Wells to a pub night where you discuss whether children who have been raped are more likely to pass out and drown in a few inches of bathwater?
    And set amusing questions to Leah Bett's parents about the maximum amount of water that can be safely drunk whilst dancing? No? Oh, you surprise me?

I'm assuming that you are in fact autistic, Numeral, and indeed I have always assumed this.

Bridget, however, I don't think you are. Shame on you. [/quote]
Although I do like to let Rachel stew in her own juices, it's only fair to state that I arrived at the Milan Rai book launch alone, met up with two other people there and we all sat very quietly after Maya Evans insisted that our questions would not be answered. The facts don't quite fit in with the story that Rachel likes to paint of this event.

The Holly & Jessica analogy is beneath contempt.