Questions to TfL

A forum for the publication of independent public research conducted by J7 Independent People's Inquiry Forum Members and J7 RELEASE THE EVIDENCE Activists and Campaigners in the joint quest to get to the truth behind what really happened on July 7th 2005. Post your Freedom of Information requests, the responses, and official communications with other bodies and representatives of state and corporate entities here.

Questions to TfL

numeral

12 Dec 2005, 02:53 #1

To: Customer Services <Customer.Services@tube.tfl.gov.uk>
Cc: hyl0morph@yahoo.co.uk
Subject: Reference: 1035453
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 04:43:59 +0000

Hi Fola

Thanks for your reply. I have a further query.

A TfL press release on 7th July 2005 mentioned a Hammersmith & City Line
train heading toward Liverpool Street:

14:25 Transport for London Update

Latest information confirms that there were four incidents on London's
transport network this morning, three on London Underground and one on
London Buses.

At 09:46, the London Underground was suspended and all stations
commenced evacuation following incidents at:

* Aldgate station heading towards Liverpool Street station on the
Hammersmith & City line;
* Russell Square station heading towards Kings Cross station on
the Piccadilly line;
* Edgware Road station heading towards Paddington station on the
Hammersmith & City line.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/press-centre/ ... p?prID=411

Was this Hammersmith & City Line train train number 235?

Did train 235 derail?

Which carriages of train 235 were damaged?

Were passengers on train 235 injured?
Follow the numbers.

Bridget

18 Jan 2006, 13:02 #2

I have asked Vicky Hutchinson at the Dept for Transport who replied to me re: Kings X train times, the following:

> Dear Vicky
>
> Thank you for the infomation re: train times on 7/7/05.
>
> As I am further researching these incidents, could you please let me
> have the number of the Piccadilly Line train which was missing from your
> reply:
>
> I have been in touch with the British Transport Police and have
> managed to obtain the following information:
>
> - the Eastbound Circle line train (204) left King's Cross at 08:35.
> - the Westbound Circle line train (216) left King's Cross at 08:42
> - the Piccadilly Line train south left King's Cross at 08:48
>
> Yours Faithfully
>
> Bridget Dunne
>
�To those who are afraid of the truth, I wish to offer a few scary truths; and to those who are not afraid of the truth, I wish to offer proof that the terrorism of truth is the only one that can be of benefit to the proletariat.� -- On Terrorism and the State, Gianfranco Sanguinetti

numeral

18 Jan 2006, 13:51 #3

A reply from TfL concerning train 235 at Aldgate Junction.
Our ref: 1084546

01/Jan/2006

Thank you for contacting us about the events of 7 July.&nbsp; Your request has been considered under the Freedom of information Act 2005.

I can confirm that train 235 was not the train referred to.&nbsp; Train 235 was not derailed, there was no damage to this train and no passengers were injured.

If you are dissatisfied with the way TfL has handled your request, you may ask us to conduct an internal review of our decision. The internal review will be conducted by someone other than the person who made the original decision, in accordance with the FOIA complaints procedure published on our website at www.tfl.gov.uk/foi.&nbsp; Requests for internal review should be addressed to:
The Information Access and Compliance Manager, 6th Floor Windsor House, 42 - 50 Victoria Street, London SW1H 0TL.

If, following the internal review, you remain dissatisfied with the way TfL has handled your request, then you may take your complaint to the Information Commissioner at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.

I hope that you find this information useful.&nbsp; If you have any queries or need any further help, please call me on 0845 330 9880 or via our online feedback form on the London Underground website - http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tube.

Yours sincerely

Fola Olafare
Customer Service Centre
Follow the numbers.

Bridget

17 Jul 2006, 16:54 #4

As a follow up to this post I have received the following reply:

http://z13.invisionfree.com/julyseventh ... &p=7241752
Our ref: 1340405

17/Jul/2006

Dear Miss Dunne

Thank you for your request, under the Freedom of Information Act 2000,
asking for -

* The number of the Hammersmith & City line train at Edgware Road that
sustained damage

* Whether there was a hole blown through a tunnel wall onto a train on an
adjoining platform

I can confirm that the train number was 207 and that, at Edgware Road, there
are not separate tunnels for trains heading in opposite directions.
Therefore, no hole was blown through a tunnel wall.

Yours sincerely

Fola Olafare
Customer Service Centre
Which makes the MPS statements that there was a hole blown through a tunnel wall seem er rather strange?
Westbound Circle Line train coming into Edgware Road station, approx. 100 yards into the tunnel. The explosion blew a hole through a wall onto another train on an adjoining platform. The device was in the second carriage, in the standing area near the first set of double doors.
MPS One week anniversary bombing appeal

One week later methinks even the boys at the Met could get a simple detail like this right. Any theories on why they should have mentioned a tunnel wall?
�To those who are afraid of the truth, I wish to offer a few scary truths; and to those who are not afraid of the truth, I wish to offer proof that the terrorism of truth is the only one that can be of benefit to the proletariat.� -- On Terrorism and the State, Gianfranco Sanguinetti

numeral

17 Jul 2006, 19:36 #5

It's odd. A westbound train coming into Edgware Road. That is, to the east of ER. There are four platforms at ER. Their could be a wall as the four tracks merge into two. Another field trip, anyone?
Follow the numbers.

Bridget

09 Aug 2006, 14:09 #6

Here I go again:

Dear Sir/Madam

I am making the following request for information under the FOIA.

On the morning of July 7th 2005 various incidents on the underground network were reported of which I can find little or no information.

These were:
A fire at Caledonian Road was reported and caused delays at approx 8 am.

Angel station was reported closed.

A high tension power cable was lost at Moorgate at approx 8.45am.

Closures along the southern end of the Northern Line at approx 7.15 am with emergency service vehicles seen outside Balham.

What were the causes and outcomes of each of these incidents and is there an official report or publication that I can access regarding them,

Regards

Ms Bridget Dunne

Bridget

08 Sep 2006, 16:21 #7

After threatening the complaints procedure I received the following reply:
Our ref: 1649703

07/Sep/2006

Dear Ms Dunne

Thank you for your request for information dated 3 August 2006 which was received by Transport for London on the same date.&nbsp; You asked for the following information:

"On the morning of July 7th 2005 various incidents on the underground network were reported of which I can find little or no information.

These were:

A fire at Caledonian Road was reported and caused delays at approx 8 am.

Angel station was reported closed.

A high tension power cable was lost at Moorgate at approx 8.45am.

Closures along the southern end of the Northern Line at approx 7.15 am with emergency service vehicles seen outside Balham.

What were the causes and outcomes of each of these incidents and is there an official report or publication that I can access regarding them."

Your request has been considered under the requirements of the Freedom of Information Act 2000.&nbsp; I am pleased to enclose the information you have requested.

On 7 July 2005 Caledonian Road station was closed at around 07.57am due to a fire alert caused by a report of a strong burning smell coming from a defective eastbound train.&nbsp; The passengers were detrained (evacuated on to the platform) and Piccadilly line services were suspended between King's Cross and Arnos Grove until 08.28am.

At 08.51 six stations were closed because of a local power failure.&nbsp; The stations closed were Angel, Bank, Camden Town, Kentish Town, King's Cross and Old Street.&nbsp; This resulted in the suspension of the City branch of the Northern line.&nbsp; Following this all stations and train services were suspended after a general security alert across the network.

We have no record of any incident regarding a power cable at Moorgate station on that date.

At 06.25am a defective northbound train at Balham resulted in suspension of the Northern line in both directions between Stockwell and Morden.&nbsp; The problem with the train meant that there was a strong burning smell and smoke.&nbsp; The passengers were detrained, the defective train was checked and removed and the northbound service resumed at 09.05am.&nbsp; The London Fire Brigade was on site as a precaution in this instance, due to the nature of the defect however no passengers were reported injured.

There is no official report or publication where this information can be obtained, the information here is taken from an internal report.

I hope you find this information useful.&nbsp; If I can be of further assistance then please do not hesitate to contact me again.

If you are dissatisfied with the way TfL has handled your request, you may ask us to conduct an internal review of our decision.&nbsp; The internal review will be conducted by someone other than the person who made the original decision, in accordance with the FOIA complaints procedure published on our website at www.tfl.gov.uk/foi.&nbsp; Requests for internal review should be addressed to: Head of Information Access and Compliance, 6th Floor Windsor House, 42 - 50 Victoria Street, London SW1H 0TL.

If, following the internal review, you remain dissatisfied with the way TfL has handled your request, then you may take your complaint to the Information Commissioner at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.

Yours sincerely

Alan Roffey
Customer Service Advisor
Customer Service Centre
Strange how there is no record of the power cable incident at Moorgate. Any ideas where I could further that particular inquiry?