NEW CONTENT: CCTV Image Analysis

A forum for the publication of independent public research conducted by J7 Independent People's Inquiry Forum Members and J7 RELEASE THE EVIDENCE Activists and Campaigners in the joint quest to get to the truth behind what really happened on July 7th 2005. Post your Freedom of Information requests, the responses, and official communications with other bodies and representatives of state and corporate entities here.

NEW CONTENT: CCTV Image Analysis

The Antagonist

01 Aug 2006, 17:41 #1

The July 7th Truth Campaign has today published a detailed analysis of the three CCTV images released in the wake of the July 7th, as well as a deconstruction of the references to CCTV images contained in the Official Report of the London bombings.

All comments and feedback on the new content gratefully received. If you have any comments, amendments or additions, please feel free to add them to this thread.

Peace,
Ant.

Edit: It might have made a little sense to include the URL, so here it is:

http://julyseventh.co.uk/7-7-cctv-evidence.html
"The problem with always being a conformist is that when you try to change the system from within, it's not you who changes the system; it's the system that will eventually change you." -- Immortal Technique

"The media is the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses." -- Malcolm X

"The eternal fight is not many battles fought on one level, but one great battle fought on many different levels." -- The Antagonist

"Truth does not fear investigation." -- Unknown

cmain

01 Aug 2006, 21:56 #2

Looks good. Would it be possible to slow down the June 28th/July 7th picture sequence, or maybe provide separate stills as well? I found it quite hard to look for the carrier bag mentioned in the text at the speed the picture changes.
Innocent until proven guilty

Bridget

06 Aug 2006, 12:48 #3

We have received the following email which I am posting here for comment:

Hi
Firstly thanks for the great site.

I looked at the newly posted cctv evidence page and noticed you did not include some allegations made elsewhere, namely that if one downloads the infamous cctv still from the police web site and examines it with suitable software, there are indications that it has been tampered with. More specifically I've seen claims that there is evidence of it having been "PhotoShopped" and also some stegographic alterations made.

This prompted me to research these other claims myself; my investigations suggest that there are good reasons to believe they are true.

Firstly, I examined the groupcctv.jpg file with the unix / linux vi editor program. I'm no expert on digital image file formats, but my understanding is that there is data at the start of the file that does not represent the pixels of the image, but rather is metadata in a format known as exif. Apparantly any sort of information can be stored in this part of the file, with out affecting the image when it is viewed in software designed to display it.

And indeed, as has been claimed, in this part of the file, one sees amongst the exif binary gibberish, "Ducky" and "Adobe". This prompted some further research. At random, I downloaded several cctv stills from the Leicestershire police site and examined them in a similar way. Viewed in the same editor, there was nothing but gibberish in the metadata of any of these files.

I don't have industry standard software such as PhotoShop, so I can't check for myself, but it does seem probable that when an image is opened and saved in this Adobe proprietary software, "Adobe" gets automatically written into the exif data. It would be very easy for someone who does have this software to check this. I further experimented by opening the groupcctv.jpg file with the unix / linux program the Gimp, which has similar capabilities to PhotoShop. Without changing the file, I saved it with a different filename, then examined the result with the vi program; "Ducky" and "Adobe" were now no longer present in the exif data.

I take this as pretty good evidence that these original "extra" allegations are correct and that this is further evidence that the image has been manipulated with the PhotoShop program. I would suggest that if someone with PhotoShop were to experiment in a similar way this would probably provide sufficiently conclusive evidence to warrent inclusion on your site.

In this light, the suggestion that "Ducky" is the fanciful moniker of the Met's PhotoShop "expert" does not seem unreasonable. I experimented further by using vi to alter "Ducky" to "David"; this had no effect in the image. I can see no explanation for the "Ducky" in the exif data other than some "laddish" use of stegography; they certainly should demote or discipline this guy.
�To those who are afraid of the truth, I wish to offer a few scary truths; and to those who are not afraid of the truth, I wish to offer proof that the terrorism of truth is the only one that can be of benefit to the proletariat.� -- On Terrorism and the State, Gianfranco Sanguinetti

Sinclair

29 Dec 2006, 20:42 #4

Anyone done any photoshop analysis on Hussain's 'rucksack'?

Looking at the pics #2 & #3, the rucksack looks a wee bit anamalous (particularly at the 11 o'clock 'edge' in pic#2 and the dark(er) line at 12/1 o'clock from the white logo on the left breast of his jacket) in pic#3.
In some ways she was far more acute than Winston, and far less susceptible to Party propaganda. Once when he happened in some connection to mention the war against Eurasia, she startled him by saying casually that in her opinion the war was not happening. The rocket bombs which fell daily on London were probably fired by the Government of Oceania itself, "just to keep the people frightened." -- George Orwell, 1984

matt

30 Dec 2006, 01:20 #5

Sinclair, i had a mess about with those photos and came up with not much i'm afraid, though, when i pasted his leg from #2 onto #3, i got this...

anyone who can see the glaring mistakes i've made here, please wade in, but to me, it looks as though he would have knocked stuff off the shelves - the red shadow under the shelf marks it's location above the floor, the green line behind him marks the probable location of his steps, but note how generous i've been in trying to place them away from the shelf, like he's damn well skidding sideways to our right as he walks, the blue area denotes his approximate shoulder width over the floor, so you can see how close it all would have been

also he could have walked closer to the lady to his right without knocking her, so what gives ? :huh:

if i didn't know better, i'd say this was deliberately bad photoshop-ing, or that he walked through the shelf :o
the 'war "against" terror' is a travelling circus, ready to pitch its macabre death display wherever self determination has a chance, in any place where transnational corporate interests say so, and while we sit in thrall at the spectacle, our pockets are being picked, and while we marvel at the shock and awe on display we should know, that the ring master's plan is that it is we who will be the future stars of the show

Bridget

30 Dec 2006, 01:27 #6

[quote=""matt""]
if i didn't know better, i'd say this was deliberately bad photoshop-ing, or that he walked through the shelf ohmy.gif[/quote]
Spot on, we went down to KX and checked this out. There is no step btw, but the shelf runs right up to the white tiles with just enough room for the shutter to come down inside the grey lines. His TATP packed rucksack would certainly have knocked everything off those shelves, and yes, he would've had to walk through them to be in that position.

Also all the people standing inside Boots look really strange with their arms straight down by their sides like that, or perhaps that's just me !
�To those who are afraid of the truth, I wish to offer a few scary truths; and to those who are not afraid of the truth, I wish to offer proof that the terrorism of truth is the only one that can be of benefit to the proletariat.� -- On Terrorism and the State, Gianfranco Sanguinetti

matt

30 Dec 2006, 01:39 #7

Bridget @ Dec 30 2006, 01:27 AM wrote: Also all the people standing inside Boots look really strange with their arms straight down by their sides like that, or perhaps that's just me !
er, yeah, they do all look like characters from The Sims...whatever that is
the 'war "against" terror' is a travelling circus, ready to pitch its macabre death display wherever self determination has a chance, in any place where transnational corporate interests say so, and while we sit in thrall at the spectacle, our pockets are being picked, and while we marvel at the shock and awe on display we should know, that the ring master's plan is that it is we who will be the future stars of the show