For whom was Jean Charles working?

In the aftermath of the murder, a cascade of misinformation and lies from the very top down. From Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Ian Blair to the trigger-happy plain-clothes shooters identified only as "carrying a long-barrelled weapon", the actions that day have been exposed as a cover-up of the events that resulted in the extra-judicial execution of an innocent man.

For whom was Jean Charles working?

The Antagonist

11 Mar 2006, 01:22 #1

To the best of my knowledge, this has never been revealed. I did find this bit of speculation on Rumour Mill News which is nothing more than speculation but is worthy of posting because I think we need to include every possibility initially and narrow it down based on what the evidence suggests:
RUMOR: DID SHOT BRAZIL ELECTRICIAN KNOW TOO MUCH......?

Posted By: FarSight3 <Send E-Mail>
Date: Thursday, 28 July 2005, 6:58 a.m.

In Response To: LONDON, BREAKING: TUBE STATIONS EVACUATED BEC.OF"SMOKE" (FarSight3)

According to an E-mail from an unconfirmable reader the Brazil electrician shot dead in the head, Jean Charles de Menezes, was working for a London/Canadian power-supply company.

As stated in this E-Mail of the reader, who used a name of a popular (dead) poet from New York - Menezes was allegedly killed because he wanted to blow the whistle over the power-break-down in the London tube.

I do think that a lot of evidence and speculations do point toward such a Hypothesis - that Menezes might have been "knowing something" - which I support sofar that I think there's a possibility that he could have been a kind of contact-person, who knew too much.

The E-Mail of the reader who gave an UK-based E-Mail returnadress of that very company he was pinpointing, originates from a German-based freemail-account.

I would beg him hereby to verify his accusation precisely and stop fooling around with me. My time is precious and all the energy and time I could waste on researching and possibly confirming his statements would lead me away to deal with more "real" events.

Although I am open for a good laugh, I don't think it's funny to mislead our various readers who are serious about this little, big project and are contributing valuable information which we like to share via the Reading Room.

It's a give-and take-relation which is built on mutual trust.

So I would beg this reader again to contact me and verify what he has been stating previousely with more information.

Far Sight 3 (aka "Leonardo DaTrentesimo")

Source: Rumour Mill News
I have a feeling the name of de Menezes employer is likely to be key to the whole story. Does anyone have any more information on who de Menezes' employer was or might have been?
"The problem with always being a conformist is that when you try to change the system from within, it's not you who changes the system; it's the system that will eventually change you." -- Immortal Technique

"The media is the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses." -- Malcolm X

"The eternal fight is not many battles fought on one level, but one great battle fought on many different levels." -- The Antagonist

"Truth does not fear investigation." -- Unknown

persistence

08 Sep 2006, 08:35 #2

I believe your are right in saying that who JCdeM was working for is likely to be key.

There is another point about it too. Given the lack of any revealed evidence for 7/7 other than dodgy video stills (including the ludicrous cropped picture), let us hypothesise, just for the purpose of examining all scenarios, that 7/7 could have been carried out and covered up by security and intelligence services. JCdeM was an electrician. Is it possible that when he was working on the days leading up to 7/7 he may have seen something that he shouldn't have?

You're doing heroic work in this blind age, Antagonista.

Bridget

08 Sep 2006, 11:41 #3

Welcome on board persistence.

The news yesterday that the inquest will not be held until after the H & S prosecution of the MPS is bad news for both the family and those who want the details of Jean Charles' assassination to be made public.

One question worth asking is: Why were the flats under surveillance? If the MPS were aware that Hussain Osman lived there, why not just arrest him for the events of the previous day? Is it normal procedure to 'follow' someone wanted for a crime?

There is also the strange fact of the 15 'explosions' heard later that evening coming from the flat.

If and when the 21/7 'no-bombs' bombers ever get to trial, and it is scheduled for this October so we'll see, perhaps more of the facts will emerge.
�To those who are afraid of the truth, I wish to offer a few scary truths; and to those who are not afraid of the truth, I wish to offer proof that the terrorism of truth is the only one that can be of benefit to the proletariat.� -- On Terrorism and the State, Gianfranco Sanguinetti

The Antagonist

08 Sep 2006, 13:14 #4

Welcome to the forum, persistence, thanks for joining and thank you for your kind words.

The closest thing I've encountered to a story behind the story in relation to whom Jean Charles might have been working for, prior to his Brazilian death-squad-style execution, is in Portugese, and involves Independent Brazilian Journalists based in London, the organisation to whom they belonged, JIBRA (about whom little information seems to exist), Braziliian President Lula da Silva and (not for the first time) a planned U.S. military coup in South America.

All of which seems like a fairly plausible background to a Brazilian death-squad style contract execution of a Brazilian man on the London underground. Absent any other areas of investigation, this is probably worth pursuing and would probably require the services of a Portugese speaker to do so effectively. If anyone knows a Portugese speaker who fancies doing a bit of research, please let me know.
"The problem with always being a conformist is that when you try to change the system from within, it's not you who changes the system; it's the system that will eventually change you." -- Immortal Technique

"The media is the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses." -- Malcolm X

"The eternal fight is not many battles fought on one level, but one great battle fought on many different levels." -- The Antagonist

persistence

08 Sep 2006, 16:37 #5

Thanks Bridget and Antagonist for your welcome.

I guess, for this hypothesis, more important than who JCdeM was working for is where he was working in the days leading up to 7/7. I mean, was he located somewhere where he could have disturbed someone doing something underhand? Like, for example, someone disabling a video camera or suchlike.

I don't know a Portuguese speaker. How about JCdeM's family or friends? Though, personally, I doubt it's a Brazillian job.

indisguise

08 Sep 2006, 16:44 #6

I disagree that we should look at who he was working for and why was the flat being watched.

We only have the word of the police that the flat was being watched and the other half of that story (after he's killed) has been shown to be false.

The Antagonist

08 Sep 2006, 17:04 #7

Hi indisguise,

Along similar lines of thought there is also the information in this post:
disney @ Jun 12 2006, 07:26 PM wrote:I suggest that it is a mistake to retrace JCM's movements that morning - and instead perhaps he was *'identified' at the station.

Please consider;

Claimed to have been watched from his house, then block of flats, then larger block of flats.

There is no surveillence of him allegedly because the surveillence soldier was relieving himself.

Why did his killers follow him into the station? If they thought he was a so-called "suspected suicide bomber" don't you think they would have been in the station and stopping the SSB entering?

Did they needed him on a tube? More likely to be a SSB?