Eye Witness: Richard Jones

"We need an official inquiry - now. Not a whitewash inquiry like Lord Hutton's. Or a punch-pulling inquiry like Lord Butler's. But an inquiry run by plain Mr or Mrs somebody." - Lt. Col. Crispin Black
An independent, public discussion, analysis and inquiry into the events of July 7th.

Eye Witness: Richard Jones

Dec 27 2006, 08:13 PM #1

Richard Jones, 61 years old, IT consultant of Binfield near Bracknell, Berkshire; originally from Adrossan, Ayrshire. He was also an apprentice at an explosives factory in Ayrshire, most likely Nobel Energetics.

In this I'm assuming that the man pictured above was allowed to borrow Richard Jones' identity.

From the electoral roll there are two Richard Jones in Binfield; Richard R Jones (07-03-1944) at Fletcher Gardens and Richard L Jones at Munday Court.

A google search brings at least two candidates for either of the above. One working for SunGard and the other for 3M, both are based in Bracknell.

Richard Jones (MBCI), Principal Consultant, BCM, Professional Services, SunGard Availability Services (UK) Limited

Richard Jones (MBCI) has been a consultant with SunGard Availability Services for 11 yeas. In the light of the growth and changed emphasis of SunGard Professional Services, Richard took on the role of Principal Consultant for the BCM practice in 2005

Richard has been involved with IT Recovery Management, IT Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Management for the past 24 years and has led risk and business continuity related projects worldwide. Richard has extensive experience working with companies in all market sectors.

His current role as the Business Continuity Principal Consultant is critical to the success of the SunGard Professional Services BCM practice. Working with the Head of Professional Services, the Principal Consultant is responsible for developing strategic business opportunities and managing client relationships at a senior level. Also key to this role is working internally to expand the practice’s capability and service offerings, and responsibility for leading strategic consulting engagements.

Previously Richard was an experienced Managing Consultant and led a dedicated team of UK based BCM and Risk Consultants for SunGard Professional Services for 6 years. This role involved leading strategic projects in the UK, EMEA and US, but also included developing sales opportunities with account teams, product development for the practice and quality control of deliverables.

Based on his performance in 2005-2006, he was voted the CIR – Business Continuity Consultant of the Year 2006.

Source
Peter Power and Richard Jones receiving their awards from this year's Business Continuity Awards.

Business Continuity Consultant of the Year

Lifetime Achievement

Source

The other Richard Jones who fits the profile is Richard L. Jones, Business Development Manager for 3M. He was a speaker at the LIBER 34th Annual Conference 2005 held at the University of Groningen in the Netherlands. The programme states that he was scheduled to give a talk on the 'role of new technology in deciding strategic direction' - mainly concerning RFID - on the morning of Thursday, 7th July 2005.
"No one understood better than Stalin that the true object of propaganda is neither to convince nor even to persuade, but to produce a uniform pattern of public utterance in which the first trace of unorthodox thought immediately reveals itself as a jarring dissonance." Leonard Schapiro

Dec 27 2006, 08:52 PM #2

my, what a small world it is :o
the 'war "against" terror' is a travelling circus, ready to pitch its macabre death display wherever self determination has a chance, in any place where transnational corporate interests say so, and while we sit in thrall at the spectacle, our pockets are being picked, and while we marvel at the shock and awe on display we should know, that the ring master's plan is that it is we who will be the future stars of the show

Dec 28 2006, 09:39 PM #3

amirrortotheenemy @ Dec 27 2006, 08:13 PM wrote: From the electoral roll there are two Richard Jones in Binfield; Richard R Jones at Fletcher Gardens and Richard L Jones at Munday Court.
I did a Tracesmart on Jones earlier this year. It showed Richard R Jones was age 62 in 2006, whereas Richard L Jones was 44, so I concluded that Richard R Jones of Fletcher Gardens was the bus eye witness. I wrote to him at that address, but received no reply (as documented on another thread somewhere).
Innocent until proven guilty

Dec 29 2006, 10:31 AM #4

Brilliant research amirrortotheenemy and cmain.

Jones & Power, Business Continuity eh?

So who is the man in the picture if he isn't Richard Jones? And why has he pretended to be Richard Jones?
�To those who are afraid of the truth, I wish to offer a few scary truths; and to those who are not afraid of the truth, I wish to offer proof that the terrorism of truth is the only one that can be of benefit to the proletariat.� -- On Terrorism and the State, Gianfranco Sanguinetti

Dec 29 2006, 10:58 AM #5

Sungard and the BMJ:
HOW THE BRITISH MEDICAL JOURNAL COPED IN THE WAKE OF THE 7/7 BOMBINGS
A BMJ case study

On 7 July last year, the British Medical Journal (BMJ), based at the British Medical Association’s headquarters in Tavistock Square, London, found itself at the centre of the terrorist attacks on the city.  The London bus bomb exploded directly outside the offices of the BMJ, resulting in denial of access to the premises in the wake of the bombing. In the hours, days and weeks that followed the bombings, the BMJ worked with SunGard Availability Services to ensure that the business was able to continue to function and to keep up its proud 160-year tradition of never failing to produce the weekly journal, despite having endured two world wars and various other difficulties associated with being located in central London.
Head office

SunGard Availability Services
12-13 Bracknell Beeches
Old Bracknell Lane West
Bracknell
Berkshire
RG12 7BW
Presumably Richmal Oates-Whitehead who worked for the BMJ would also have transferred to the Sungard facility.
�To those who are afraid of the truth, I wish to offer a few scary truths; and to those who are not afraid of the truth, I wish to offer proof that the terrorism of truth is the only one that can be of benefit to the proletariat.� -- On Terrorism and the State, Gianfranco Sanguinetti

Dec 29 2006, 12:26 PM #6

Great research, folks.

It looks very much like Richard Jones should be included in the list of mendacious eye witnesses that includes Mark Whitby and Tony Larkin both of whom provided wildly off-the-mark accounts of Jean Charles de Menezes' execution.

For what it's worth (probably not a lot) I've encounted the name of SunGard before, via the blog logs, I just never got round to putting 2 and 2 together, as appears to have been done above.
"The problem with always being a conformist is that when you try to change the system from within, it's not you who changes the system; it's the system that will eventually change you." -- Immortal Technique

"The media is the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses." -- Malcolm X

"The eternal fight is not many battles fought on one level, but one great battle fought on many different levels." -- The Antagonist

"Truth does not fear investigation." -- Unknown

Dec 29 2006, 12:33 PM #7

Fantastic, damning research. Also, these pieces here sheds considerable doubt on Richard Jones' credibility as a witness:

http://www.faulkingtruth.com/Articles/C ... /1037.html

http://london-bombs.blogspot.com/2005/0 ... n-bus.html