A letter to an MP

A forum for the publication of independent public research conducted by J7 Independent People's Inquiry Forum Members and J7 RELEASE THE EVIDENCE Activists and Campaigners in the joint quest to get to the truth behind what really happened on July 7th 2005. Post your Freedom of Information requests, the responses, and official communications with other bodies and representatives of state and corporate entities here.

A letter to an MP

The Antagonist

18 Dec 2005, 22:44 #1

For those that need inspiring, some of what's good for you.

From The Presidential Daily Briefing comes this letter to an MP:

--
Dear Mr. Hope,

I feel the need to write this Email as an expression of my outrage, yet lack of surprise, that my Government has decided not to allow a public enquiry into the atrocities of July 7th 2005. Without a full, independent and public investigation into these events I fear that the truth surrounding that day will never fully come to light.

The proposed Government “narrative” will only serve to re-enforce the story that has been release by the Police and Government, with very little evidence brought to the public domain. It is my belief that this will only serve to reduce trust and increase the skepticism of the British public. Let us not forget that this is the same Police Force that fed us lies about the death of Jean Charles De Menezes and the same Government that lied about WMD and the ability and speed with which Saddam Hussein could deploy them.

Since July 7th many web-based researchers have been working diligently, gathering information about the events of that day. The investigative journalism displayed seems to have put our national press into the shade. Our media has completely ignored these findings, choosing to tow the party line. This in itself is of great concern to me. There are a large number of questions that need to be addressed and I outline just a few here for your consideration.

• A company called Visor Consultants were running a large terror drill at the same time of the terror attack. The correlation between the “real” and “simulated” events is more than a little uncanny. This has been all but ignored by the Police and Media alike. Why?

• The four suspects paid for long term parking and bought return tickets. There is at least one witness that claims that one of the suspects argued about change in a shop. Why do this if you knew you were going to die that morning?

• There are reports of more than one car at Luton Station. What happened to this story?

• The initial reports were of power surges, military grade explosives and timing devices, why were these suppressed?

• Witnesses spoke of bombs under trains, not Asians with rucksacks. At lease one picture shows a hole in the floor of a train with the surrounding area bent upwards. Richard Jones, a key witness on the bus, continuously changed his description of the suspect, what he was wearing and the type of bag he had. Why?

• Investigations into train times and cancellations that morning have provided very compelling evidence to suggest that the four suspect’s movements were not actually possible that morning. The 0740 service from Luton didn’t run on the 7th July. Why haven’t the Media and more importantly, the Police corrected their stories?

• There appears to be some evidence to suggest that Israeli Finance Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu may have been instructed to stay in his Hotel Room for safety reasons before any bombs had been detonated. Who else knew in advance of the events? Why was the terrorist threat level reduced leading up to the attacks?

Let us not forget that we live at a time when our country has more restrictions on civil liberties and more draconian laws in place than it did during World War Two. I see an unprecedented shift of power toward the Police and Government. I see laws passed to a backdrop of fear and terror. Before the General Election I had quite a long phone conversation with you about the merits of the Iraq Conflict. I found you to be both fair and balanced, even though we disagreed with each other. I trust you will read this email and hope you will give it some consideration.

Thank you for your time.
"The problem with always being a conformist is that when you try to change the system from within, it's not you who changes the system; it's the system that will eventually change you." -- Immortal Technique

"The media is the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses." -- Malcolm X

"The eternal fight is not many battles fought on one level, but one great battle fought on many different levels." -- The Antagonist

"Truth does not fear investigation." -- Unknown

The Antagonist

19 Jan 2006, 23:29 #2

The reply from MP Phil Hope to the letter above has been published here and is being discussed here.
"The problem with always being a conformist is that when you try to change the system from within, it's not you who changes the system; it's the system that will eventually change you." -- Immortal Technique

"The media is the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses." -- Malcolm X

"The eternal fight is not many battles fought on one level, but one great battle fought on many different levels." -- The Antagonist

cmain

10 Feb 2006, 22:51 #3

I had the following letter from my MP, Desmond Swayne (Conservative, New Forest West, PPS to David Cameron):
I share your concern about the lack of a proper enquiry into the events of July 7th and I shall certainly be pressing Ministers on this and seeking to hold them to account.

I wouldn't go so far, however, to say that I am concerned about the innocence of the so-called suicide bombers. I think evidence already in the public domain is persuasive and furthermore since no penalty can be imposed upon them, I do not see that a 'trial' of the sort you think important is necessary.
I didn't, in fact, ask for a 'trial'; I pointed out that the evidence in the public domain would not be sufficient in a court of law to convict the four alleged bombers.
Innocent until proven guilty

cmain

10 Feb 2006, 22:59 #4

I also had a reply from the Home Office to a letter I sent to Home Secretary Charles Clarke, expressing the opinion that the proposed narrative would only be satisfactory if it addressed questions such as those raised in this forum (I gave detailed examples).

It is mostly waffle. I think the last sentence is the key:
In making final decisions on the content of the narrative to be published, we will of course have due regard to the need not to compromise intelligence sources or put at risk possible prosecutions.
In other words they reserve the right not to tell us what we want to know.
Innocent until proven guilty

The Antagonist

11 Feb 2006, 01:07 #5

Thanks for posting details of your efforts and the responses. It seems even those who feel an inquiry is needed already have one or two pre-conceived ideas about what happened and how it came to be.

A public inquiry, should it ever happen, will be even more limited in scope and the narrative, well, we'll have to wait until around Easter for that, if a news snippet from last week is to be believed.

Meanwhile, the independent public research continues....

The Antagonist

13 Jul 2006, 16:20 #6

Dave Ware has once again written to his MP following John Reid's admission that the Official Report of the London Bombings is wrong:
Dear Mr Hope,

Since we last had correspondence the Government Narrative has been released. I wasn’t going to Email you again as I felt it was probably not worth my while waiting for the official “can’t afford to free up resources for a public enquiry” response. But I was intrigued by this story that was quietly released on the BBC Website.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/5170708.stm

It appears that John Reid has changed his mind about the time of the train that the alleged bombers caught from Luton on that morning. He has said that this inaccuracy only came to light last week. Well, you may remember from my last Email (dated 15/12/2005) that the 0740 from Luton had been in doubt on the internet for months and months. This claim was brushed off by you as merely “curious ponders” of “web researchers”. I think we can both agree that these web-based speculators appear to have a better handle on their facts than the Metropolitan Police and the Home Secretary combined.

So we can now agree that the narrative was incorrect about the 0740 train. This leaves the 0725 train, which only gives the accused barely three minutes to enter Luton Station, buy tickets and board the waiting train. This is in the rush-hour, and they were all carrying heavy rucksacks packed with TATP explosives. Is this correct, or are we going to have another quiet press release explaining that the time on the CCTV outside Luton Station was incorrect? Assuming that we are not, we now have the accused arriving at the Kings Cross Thameslink at 0823, again leaving them barely three minutes to make the journey, through the underground passage, through a ticket barrier and up to the main Kings Cross station to be caught on an unreleased CCTV camera still at 0826. Remember, they’re still in the rush-hour and still carrying heavy rucksacks packed with TATP explosives. Is this feasible?

Finally, as a speculative web-researcher who spends far too much time curiously pondering, I had a look into the properties of TATP. Triacetone triperoxide peroxyacetone is so unstable that it has been named the “Mother Of Satan” and has previously only been used as part of the detonation system of a bomb. A whole rucksack full, being buffeted about as someone rushes through a busy train station would undoubtedly explode by accident. Also, TATP is an entropic explosive. That means that it causes a huge burst of energy when detonated, but no flash or flames. This seriously contradicts numerous witness statements from that morning.

Once again, I can’t stress enough, how important it is for us to get a public enquiry.

People will always doubt an official narrative and damn it, we want the truth.

Dave Ware.

Source: The Wares
More about this subject from The Wares on the Progressive Blog Alliance.

Sinclair

13 Jul 2006, 18:55 #7

It is worth reading the transcript of the House of Commons debate on Tuesday, 11 July 2006, Intelligence and Security Committee (Annual Report) available here. (This is the debate in which John Reid made his statement regarding the revised train time)

Have a look at (the 2nd speech on the page) where Andrew MacKinlay (Thurrock, Labour) gets wound up at the fact that the Government;s response to the ISC's annual report was not made available to MP's, as John Reid had (in his opening statement) suggested. To quote Andrew MacKinlay :

"By such smoke and mirrors, the interference will be that, somehow, the House has taken cognisance of the response."

So this is manouvering by the government, trying to stifle debate and comment on the ISC's actions, i.e. by saying well, there were NO adverse comments by MP's on the Government's response to the ISC report...... Yes, that's because the report was not available to comment upon!

There is also a (long) transcript of the evening session of the ISC Annual Report debate of 11/7/06 here , of which the contribution by Andrew MacKinlay (Labour MP for Thurrock) ( particularly here - on the unaccountability of the ISC & the lack of parliamentary oversight of the security and intelligence services is worth reading).

MacKinlay is the only MP with any teeth, and no other MP is taking John Reid or any of the ISC members to task.
In some ways she was far more acute than Winston, and far less susceptible to Party propaganda. Once when he happened in some connection to mention the war against Eurasia, she startled him by saying casually that in her opinion the war was not happening. The rocket bombs which fell daily on London were probably fired by the Government of Oceania itself, "just to keep the people frightened." -- George Orwell, 1984