7/7: Areas of Further Research

"We need an official inquiry - now. Not a whitewash inquiry like Lord Hutton's. Or a punch-pulling inquiry like Lord Butler's. But an inquiry run by plain Mr or Mrs somebody." - Lt. Col. Crispin Black
An independent, public discussion, analysis and inquiry into the events of July 7th.

7/7: Areas of Further Research

02 Nov 2006, 02:24 #1

For anyone still awake at this time night, someone has just left the most amazing comment on my blog. I reproduce it here because it contains a wealth of information, some of which we know, some of which we don't, and all of which needs further investigation:
[quote=""Anonymous""]Hi 'Antogonist'

I hope you don't mind me posting this long piece in the comments. I'd like to share with you some of my research, no real breakthroughs, some of it is interesting, some bits probably useless.

First, I'll mention a well-connected group awarded £6,000 in May 2003 by the UnLtd charity for 'Developing the capacity and infrastructure of the South Asian voluntary and community sector in Leeds, to help develop services and support':

Tauqeer Malik (group leader), Mohammed Zaman, Tafazal Mohammed, Rifhat Malik, Janice Hargreaves, Javed Khan, Shakeel Mir, Moneer Sharif, Mohammed Farouk, Omar Khan

About half of these appeared in news reports relating to the 7th July bombings and its aftermath.

Tauqeer Malik - There are only three Tauqeer Maliks registered on the 2005 Electoral Roll, one in Surrey, one in Southampton and one living near to the train station in Luton. The house in Luton was bought in June 2004 and sold in October 2005.

Mohammed Zaman - Registered at 75 Lees Holm. Trustee for Faith Together in Leeds. Is this the 'Imran Zaman' - there is no Imran Zaman registered on the same street - who is used as a character wtiness in newspaper reports such as this one from The Wall Street Journal? :

"I thought he was a really nice guy and thought 'He'll be good for our neighborhood,' " said Imran Zaman, who lives two doors away. Soon afterward, Mr. Khan disappeared, said Mr. Zaman.

[ http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05206/543469.stm ]

Tafazal Mohammed - IQRA worker, trustee for IQRA. Trustee for Leeds Community School along with Hanif Malik and housemate Saheeda Alam. Most of IQRA's and Leeds Community School's charity accounts are overdue.

Rifhat Malik - Wife of Hanif Malik. She is/was the project coordinator for Leeds Health Focus a charity started in 2001 by Javed Khan, Shakeel Mir and Moneer Sharif. Leeds Health Focus received at least £140,000 from Leeds Drug Action Team upto March 2004 for its Nasha drugs project targeting the 'South Asian community in inner City Leeds'. She's also part of the Managment Committee for Resourcing the Community based in Leeds. Her Husband Hanif - the Director for Hamara Healthy Living Centre and trustee for Faith Together in Leeds 11 and Leeds Community School - was himself awarded upto £5,000 from the UnLtd charity in March 2003.

Rifhat's maiden name is Afzal, so, does she bear any blood-relation to the Mohammed Afzal who is both a volunteer for the IQRA bookshop and a family friend of the Tanweer family and was referred to as 'Uncle' by Shehzad? He said of Khan's confessional video that it was "crap" - in an article where he was referred to as Mohammed Afsal, a father of five.

A curiousity in relation to the 7/7 bombings is that Rifhat was a victim of an armed robbery at her brother's house in October 2003. She walked in on two armed robbers who were making their way out and in a struggle to force her onto the ground one of the guns went off leaving a bullet lodged in her right cheek. Sources: http://www.muslimnews.co.uk/pda/news.php?article=6078 and http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/0100news ... _page.html. The incident happened just over a week before the Building Blocks Centre was officially opened by Hilary Benn.

If she was working with an intelligence front or involved in channeling money to would-be criminals - maybe unwittingly - was this armed robbery an attempt to keep her in line?

Moneer Sharif - former trustee for Leeds Health Focus, trustee for Faith Together in Leeds, Non-Executive Director for South Leeds Primary Care Trust.

Mohammed Farouk - representative of the Stratford Street Mosque. Trustee for the Hamara Healthy LIving Centre.

Shakeel Mir - or Shakeel Meer. Works for the Home Office Cohesion Unit since 2003; the Leeds Racial Harassment Project as Project Director since about August 2000; and JUST West Yorkshire since July 2004. He's also a member of Joseph Rowntree's Racial Justice committee, the Leeds Initiative Board, Leeds Federated Housing Associatio, Leeds VOICE and a diversity officer for Armley jail in Leeds.

Javed Khan - Trustee for Leeds Health Focus. Is this the Javed Khan who is the only witness cited in a BBC report on the searching of the two cars used by the 7th July bombers (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/4676061.stm).

----

Shakir Mahmoud Al-Ani (AKA Adnan Shakri) the one from whom Magdi El-Nashar alledgedly rented the 18 Alexandra Grove flat. He is said to be a 'respectable hospital consultant'. A business called Samara Medical Services was registered at 2A The Drive, Adel, Leeds in May 2000. Shakir is/was director along with Zahra Alani (possibly a daughter), Hassan Al Katib (Chairman of Leeds Muslim Forum), Ahmed Albazie, Lena Al-Bazie, Daniel James Dwyer (a director of Resourcing the Community along with Rifhat Malik) and Philip Mark Croshaw.

Dr. Ahmed Albazie, was fined £3,000 under Health and Safety regulations in October 2002. However, Philip Croshaw is a much more colourful character. He had held over 2,400 directorships by the time the DTI handed down a 12-year disqualification in 1999. He is mentioned in a Fairplay article regarding fraudulent online job search sites (http://www.oilcareers.com/fairplay/cale ... e_2004.pdf). Croshaw is rumoured to be living in Cyprus.

----

And finally I found several important names registered at 160 Rhodesway, Bradford for the 2005 Electoral Roll:

Mr. Bashir Ahmed - same name as the often cited uncle to Shehzad Tanweer;
Ms. Parveen Akhtar - same name as Shehzad Tanweer's mother (see below);
Shaffia Begum - same name as the one James A McLintock (who you've already mentioned on your blog) married in 1995;
and a Mr. Qamar Hussain.

GRO Birth Index entries:

Surname, Forename, Mother's Maiden Name, Registration District, Volume, Page, Quarter
-----
Tanweer, Tebusum, Parveen Akhtar, Bradford, 4, 0481 DEC 1980
Tanweer, Shehzad, Parveen Akhtar, Bradford, 4, 0531 MAR 1983

I have some more info on the bombers' genealogies and electoral roll entries - including those of Rashid Sacha's family.

Regards

--
Posted by Anonymous to Anything that defies my sense of reason.... at 11/02/2006 01:46:37 AM [/quote]

Update: A day later, Anonymous returned with this follow-up:
[quote=""Anonymous""]Do you remember Rashid Facha? He was the man who in the early stages of the official legend was touted as one of the bomber suspects and was given a back story later taken up by Mohammed S. Khan. He was said to have moved into 69 Lees Holm, around Christmas 2004, married to a Hasina Patel (mother-in-Law Farida) and with a 8-month old child. This information was later incorporated into Khan's backstory - but with a 15 month old daughter Maryam.

I was trying to find Mohammed Khan's marriage on ancestry.co.uk's computerised BMD index (1984-2005), but not much luck*, so I tried with Hasina, I didn't find any likely Khan's but I did come across a marriage of a Rashid A Y Sacha to Hasina S Patel, registered February 2000, Dewsbury District. Strangely, only foreign language news outlets seem to have used the correct spelling of Sacha.

A Khadijah and Saudah Sacha were registered in Dewsbury in Aug 2002 and Sep 2004 respectively, both with Patel as the mother's maiden name.

I was able to find Maryam's birth entry:

Name: Maryam Musaddiqah Khan
Mother's Maiden Surname: Patel
Date of Registration: Jun 2004
Registration district: Dewsbury
Registration county (inferred): Yorkshire
Register number: A84C
District and Subdistrict: 088/1A
Entry Number: 252

What about Hasina? Her age was usually given as either 23 or 27.

The one aged 23:

Patel, Hasina Sulimau, Deler?, Dewsbury, 4, 1522 DEC 1981

And the elder Hasina and her often named brother Arshad:

Patel, Arshad, Patel, Dewbsury, 4, ---- SEP 1976
Patel, Hasina Abdul S, Patel, Dewsbury, 4, 1270 DEC 1977

So how come Rashid Sacha came to figure in this at all? Did his marriage to a Hasina Patel, likely the younger, lead to confusion with the real 'Khan' and the other Hasina who was setup as his 'wife' and who Khan may or may not have married - when it came time to feed in the backstory to Journalists? Was Sacha used as a double for Khan? Hasina (the daughter of well-connected Farida) is now said to be in hiding.

* The closest match I could find was a marriage between Fatimah M Patel and Mohammed S Khan in November 2002, Leicester.

----

I had trouble finding Mohammed Khan on the electoral roll as well. His parents and sister Nafiza are in Beeston, Nottingham between 2003 and 2005, but no definite match for Mohammed. Sacha was living with his mother at 68 Broomsdale Road, Batley for 2002 and at 12 Hamza Street for 2003-2005.

More birth entries:

Khan, Mohammad Sidique, Mamida Begum, Leeds, 5, 0804 DEC 1974
Sacha, Rashid Ahmed Y., Rukaiya Ebrahim Sacha, Walsall, 34, 0698 SEP 1977

--
Posted by Anonymous to Anything that defies my sense of reason.... at 11/03/2006 02:25:03 AM [/quote]
If anyone has any comments or questions for Anonymous, I suggest leaving them on the comment thread here.
"The problem with always being a conformist is that when you try to change the system from within, it's not you who changes the system; it's the system that will eventually change you." -- Immortal Technique

"The media is the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses." -- Malcolm X

"The eternal fight is not many battles fought on one level, but one great battle fought on many different levels." -- The Antagonist

"Truth does not fear investigation." -- Unknown

02 Nov 2006, 03:35 #2

What a fantastic amount of research, quite mind boggling and it's keeping me up to the wee hours.
I have some more info on the bombers' genealogies and electoral roll entries - including those of Rashid Sacha's family.
I hope this anonymous researcher comes back with more info on this person, who I assume is the Rashid Facha mentioned as living at Khan's address in the early reports.
�To those who are afraid of the truth, I wish to offer a few scary truths; and to those who are not afraid of the truth, I wish to offer proof that the terrorism of truth is the only one that can be of benefit to the proletariat.� -- On Terrorism and the State, Gianfranco Sanguinetti

02 Nov 2006, 12:29 #3

Just checked the electoral roll and there is no Rashid Facha or Sacha listed in Dewsbury, either now or in the past. The reports that gave that name stated that he lived with his wife, Hasina Patel. A check on her shows that she once lived with 3 other occupants, other occupants ARSHAD PATEL, FARIDA PATEL, KHADIJA VACHHIAT.

Khan's mother in law was Farida Patel, so this is clearly the same Hasina Patel who was married to Khan. Strangely, she is only registered under that name and living with those occupants, even though there were reports that Khan and Hasina lived with Farida at Thornhill Park Drive before moving to Lees Holm. There is no 'Hasina Khan' on the current or historical roll, nor is there any listing for Khan himself, either in Beeston or Dewsbury.

Will keep looking.
"We are not democrats for, among other reasons, democracy sooner or later leads to war and dictatorship. Just as we are not supporters of dictatorships, among other things, because dictatorship arouses a desire for democracy, provokes a return to democracy, and thus tends to perpetuate a vicious circle in which human society oscillates between open and brutal tyranny and a lying freedom." - Errico Malatesta, Democracy and Anarchy 1924

02 Nov 2006, 12:42 #4

A check on her shows that she once lived with 3 other occupants, other occupants ARSHAD PATEL, FARIDA PATEL, KHADIJA VACHHIAT.
What date is given for this?
�To those who are afraid of the truth, I wish to offer a few scary truths; and to those who are not afraid of the truth, I wish to offer proof that the terrorism of truth is the only one that can be of benefit to the proletariat.� -- On Terrorism and the State, Gianfranco Sanguinetti

02 Nov 2006, 12:50 #5

When were Khan and Hasina married? Does anyone have the approx date/year?

02 Nov 2006, 13:14 #6

There isn't a date given, unfortunately it's a very basic search. I'm not sure it gives dates even if paid for.

http://www.192.com/search/search.cfm
Historical Electoral Roll
Sign in, upgrade your account or register and get credits to view full details
see more results →  1 of 1 result  new search
HASINA PATEL XX THORNHILL PARK AVENUE DEWSBURY XXXX XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXX
other occupants FARIDA PATEL, ARSHAD PATEL, KHADIJA VACHHIAT  Full Details 
We also searched

Current Electoral Roll
      No results found
      Free Directory Enquiries
      No results found
      Business Directory
      No results found
      Director Report
      No results found
Khan and Hasina married in 2001, so it's very odd she doesn't appear under her married name. Perhaps she kept her own surname, although I'm not sure if this is common practice. Still checking Khan; got a few more variants of his name to go through yet :rolleyes:
"We are not democrats for, among other reasons, democracy sooner or later leads to war and dictatorship. Just as we are not supporters of dictatorships, among other things, because dictatorship arouses a desire for democracy, provokes a return to democracy, and thus tends to perpetuate a vicious circle in which human society oscillates between open and brutal tyranny and a lying freedom." - Errico Malatesta, Democracy and Anarchy 1924

02 Nov 2006, 16:09 #7

Okay, the only result I got which gave a match was this:
MOHAMMAD I KHAN  XX LEES HOLM DEWSBURY XXXX XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXX
other occupants TASMIA BEGUM, YAQOOB KHAN, MOHAMMAD ZAKIR
Two Mohammad Khans living in Lees Holm, Dewsbury. I found out the 'historical' electoral roll is for the years 2002 - 2005.

When you click on the 'full details' for Mohammad I Khan, it goes to a completely different 'Khan' listing but with the same 'other occupants'.
That site has been wigging out on me all the time I've been using it, so this could just be a technical thing, but strange. Stranger still that there is no record of Mohammad Sidique Khan, Mohammed Sidique Khan, Siddeque Khan, Sidique Khan, Sadique Khan, living in either Beeston or Dewsbury. Coincidence that Mohammad I Khan lives with somebody with the same surname as Khan's mother, Mamida Begum.....however, she and his father, Tika are both listed as living in Nottingham, currently and historically.

Even more confusingly, a search for Mohammad Sidique Khan in West Yorkshire brings up this result.
MOHAMMAD S KHAN  XX XX. XXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXX WEST YORKSHIRE XXX XXX
other occupants PARVEEN AKTAR, MOHAMMAD A SANA, AISHA H KHAN, NAFISA N KHAN
Parveen Aktar again.