18 Alexandra Grove

No chat, just threads with links to 7th July media archives, images, official statements, reports and other research resources.

18 Alexandra Grove

Bridget

01 Aug 2008, 20:21 #1

�To those who are afraid of the truth, I wish to offer a few scary truths; and to those who are not afraid of the truth, I wish to offer proof that the terrorism of truth is the only one that can be of benefit to the proletariat.� -- On Terrorism and the State, Gianfranco Sanguinetti

Bridget

01 Aug 2008, 23:06 #2

�To those who are afraid of the truth, I wish to offer a few scary truths; and to those who are not afraid of the truth, I wish to offer proof that the terrorism of truth is the only one that can be of benefit to the proletariat.� -- On Terrorism and the State, Gianfranco Sanguinetti

Bridget

01 Aug 2008, 23:08 #3

Bridget

01 Aug 2008, 23:14 #4

I'm certain that we had a 'bomb factory' thread where we had some pictures of the 'mock-up' flat including bath. Meantime here's the BBC version:
Last Updated: Tuesday, 9 January 2007, 20:43 GMT

7/7 bomb factory rebuilt by NYPD

Replica of Alexandra Grove flat

The flat has been replicated exactly as it was found by police
Police in the US have made an exact replica of a West Yorkshire flat where the men behind the 7/7 attacks concocted their deadly explosives.

The replica of the flat in Burley, Leeds, will be used to train police in New York about the use of home-made explosives for terror attacks.

The discarded ingredients at the bomb factory have been reconstructed exactly as they were found by police.

The bombers used household products to make explosives which killed 52 people.

You can easily find out how to make explosives. . . the ingredients they use are commonly available
Alastair Hay, Leeds University

Following instructions available on the internet, the four men from West Yorkshire mixed chemicals found in nail varnish remover and hair dye in a bath filled with ice, wearing rubber gloves and shower caps for protection.

The finished product was a volatile explosive stored in jars, which was used to kill 52 people and injure hundreds more in the 2005 attacks.

Professor Alastair Hay, a toxicologist from Leeds University, said: "I think we just have to be relieved that the majority of people don't want to make explosives.

"You can easily find out how to make explosives, if they want to make these things, the agents they want to use are common and readily available."

The flat in Alexandra Grove now has a new tenant, John Langland, who previously lived nearby.

The four bombers used household products to make explosives

He said he had noticed a strange smell from the flat in the weeks leading up to the attacks.

He said: "I think it was that strong around this area that it affected and killed all the plants and they have just started growing back now - that is how long it has taken."

BBC security correspondent Gordon Corera said the US is concerned about a similar 7/7 attack.

He said: "It is clear that the 7 July model of an attack is what the United States is worried about.

"It is particularly worrying because it was a small group of people, with relatively little training, able to carry out their attack using household items, building it in a flat.

"That does not necessarily mean it is imminent in the US, but it is the kind of attack that they are worried about."

numeral

02 Aug 2008, 00:28 #5

^ thread starting here.
Follow the numbers.

Bridget

29 Apr 2009, 10:14 #6

From this post:
<snip>Peter Clarke, former head of the Met Police's anti-terrorism branch who led the inquiry until his resignation last year, said "every possible line" in the 7/7 investigation was exhausted - even though detectives found up to 10 sets of unidentified fingerprints in bomb factories used by Sidique Khan.<snip>

amirrortotheenemy

12 May 2009, 10:51 #7

"No one understood better than Stalin that the true object of propaganda is neither to convince nor even to persuade, but to produce a uniform pattern of public utterance in which the first trace of unorthodox thought immediately reveals itself as a jarring dissonance." Leonard Schapiro