A Confederacy of Dunces

Jemascola
Gold Member
Jemascola
Gold Member

February 23rd, 2008, 10:32 pm #1

I just checked out A Confederacy of Dunces at the library today. I remember Cody talking about it, and I wanted to see what it's like. I'll bet it will be interesting. What did you think about the book, Cody?
"90% of all statistics are fake."

crm507
Gold Member
crm507
Gold Member

February 24th, 2008, 3:13 pm #2

I think it is a very good book. It's definitely one of the funniest books that I have ever read. I think you will enjoy it.

I still remember the post you made on the Family Guy board titled "A Day in the Life of crm507" where you described me as an overweight loser named Ignatius who constantly argued with his mother. After reading that post, I thought for sure that you had already read A Confederacy of Dunces. I guess it was just a coincidence.

Well, after reading the book, I hope you will come to the conclusion that I am not that much like Ignatius.

crm507
Gold Member
crm507
Gold Member

May 10th, 2008, 8:07 pm #3

What did you think about the book, Joe?

Jemascola
Gold Member
Jemascola
Gold Member

May 15th, 2008, 1:23 am #4

Funny, even after all this time, I haven't finished the whole thing yet! I'm about 1/4th of the way through with it, though, and from what I read, it was hilarious. That Ignatius is sure some strange character! And I loved how that cop had to dress up in different costumes as a punishment!

crm507
Gold Member
crm507
Gold Member

May 17th, 2008, 5:46 pm #5

Yeah, that happens to me sometimes when I am reading a book. It did not happen when I read A Confederacy of Dunces, though. When I first read that book, I was at the beach. I did not want to go, but my cousin dragged me along. Since I do not like the beach, I spent the bulk of the time sitting on the hotel room balcony reading the book. Needless to say, my cousin never invites me to the beach anymore.

A few years ago there were rumors that Steven Soderbergh was going to make a film version of that book starring Will Ferrell. There was even a page for it on IMDb. But for some reason it didn't happen. That may be for the best, because I don't think that Will Ferrell would have made a good Ignatius.

Coming to think of it, I'm not sure who would be the ideal actor to play Ignatius in a film adaptation. Any ideas?

Jemascola
Gold Member
Jemascola
Gold Member

May 17th, 2008, 7:37 pm #6

Well, I don't know for sure, but I was familiar with the idea of Will Ferrell as Ignatius, and I agree with you that he doesn't fit the role.

crm507
Gold Member
crm507
Gold Member

May 18th, 2008, 2:51 pm #7

What do you think about John C. Reilly? I just watched Walk Hard, and I think he may be a decent choice for Ignatius. Not perfect, but he may be able to pull it off.

Jemascola
Gold Member
Jemascola
Gold Member

September 3rd, 2008, 11:39 am #8

Maybe so. Also, I'd like to say that after all this time, I've finally gotten around to finishing the book. I must say that I enjoyed it very much.