Baby Sling Warning!!!!

are pouches, mei tais, wraps...

Baby Sling Warning!!!!

The Foxx
Clearly neglecting my kids to be here this much
The Foxx

12 Mar 2010, 20:04 #1

Walking to raise money for Apraxia - feel free to join me if you are in the area or donate http://www.apraxia-kids.org/southjerseywalk/juliefoxx

Chavelamomela
Chavelamomela

12 Mar 2010, 22:43 #2

No, No, No!!!

The CPSC got it wrong! Slings in general are safe. Bag-type carrier slings (like the infantino sling-rider are dangerous for several reasons.

I will post more after shabbat. This irks me because it gives all slings a bad name, while its just a few poorly designed products that are lousy and in the babywearing community these products are known for being ones to avoid.

More later...
:tichel Chavi, wife to DH :Bwdad Daniel, Eema to DS1 :jammin Elish (4/2005), DS2 :dancingbanana Noam (9/2009) and DS3 :babyboy Moshe (12/2012). :breastfeeding :femalesling :learning and sometimes :stirpot

npl
npl

14 Mar 2010, 00:23 #3

The first link Foxx posted is great - so good to see the decent manufacturers giving solid information about safe and unsafe babywearing practices. Was refreshing to read an empowering press release (and it reminded me of a few key points after having not worn a newborn in so many years!).
Haven't read the second one, yet.
Loving my family, building my home, and happily sewing at Crafts by Naomi

Chavelamomela
Chavelamomela

14 Mar 2010, 01:54 #4

I thought this link was pretty decent:

http://parenting.blogs.nytimes.com/2010 ... by-slings/
:tichel Chavi, wife to DH :Bwdad Daniel, Eema to DS1 :jammin Elish (4/2005), DS2 :dancingbanana Noam (9/2009) and DS3 :babyboy Moshe (12/2012). :breastfeeding :femalesling :learning and sometimes :stirpot