Moderators: Sara, Stardust, Caroline (jescgirl), Marzhoparzho

Which inactive country do you miss most?

MateuszJESC
Noviy Den
Noviy Den

12:09 AM - Jul 01, 2018 #1

As you probably know, we have more non-participating than participating countries in jESC >.< Some of them were committed for long time (Belgium, Sweden), some took part less times, but also had fun (Spain, Croatia, Denmark), other were just bored (probably Greece, Romania - many countries to mention) and we have few members, who didn't really catched the idea (e.g. Slovenia, Israel, Switzerland, while France left this group now <3 ).

So, who do you miss most (including Cyprus already)? I have one answer - Greece. I don't remember their participation, but after browsing archive editions I think they were awesome. Language, style of entries. Because of cultural similarities I was happy that at least Cyprus is still in, but it's not the same, their songs were not that distinctive :(
My jESC winners (2003-2017): :denmark: :belarus: :norway: :cyprus: :macedonia: :greece: :romania: :armenia: :sweden: :israel: :russia: :slovenia: :montenegro: :russia: :serbia:

Sanderijn
Mama
Mama

7:01 AM - Jul 01, 2018 #2

Belgium! JESC and especially our NF were really huge here, basically all people I know from my age say it was their favourite TV show back then, songs like De Vriendschapsband and Shut Up are still regularly played at student parties etc... I think it's a shame kids nowadays don't get to experience the same thing. Also Spain of course, that's an obvious one. And the Nordics :( oh yeah Slovenia and Bulgaria... Actually all countries that withdrew xD

dn16
Bzz..
Bzz..

7:58 AM - Jul 01, 2018 #3

Mostly Belgium, we had such great songs and great national finals :(

Slovenia, Montenergo, Spain, Croatia and Sweden I miss too and more :(

Ken88
Click Clack
Click Clack
Ken88
Click Clack
Click Clack

10:18 AM - Jul 01, 2018 #4

I think mostly Denmark, but also Belgium, Latvia, Israel
:malta: JESC 2016 wishlist:

Go Bulgaria, Go Lidiya!!!
Go Italy, Go Fiamma!!
Go Georgia, Go Mariam!

Stardust
Arabiens Dr?m
Arabiens Dr?m
Stardust
Arabiens Dr?m
Arabiens Dr?m

1:34 PM - Jul 02, 2018 #5

The one I miss the most is Belgium because they had so many good NF songs. I will miss Bulgaria since they seemed enthusiastic. I miss Denmark and Norway for enthusiasm, cool NFs and good entries. And Romania and Moldova for epic ethnic stuff. Oh and Spain, epiccccc NF.
Sanderijn really "Shut Up" is popular? (Oh yeah, Slovenia too!)

zsb37105qtyz
Bzz..
Bzz..

8:27 AM - Jul 15, 2018 #6

Latvia, always sent us amazing stuff :love: