The Netherlands 2016 - KISSES - Kisses and dancing

simonsko
Noviy Den
Noviy Den
simonsko
Noviy Den
Noviy Den

January 7th, 2016, 4:30 pm #1

Since the Netherlands is the only fully confirmed country to date (Bulgaria only said "most likely"), having opened their submission process, I felt it would be appropriate to start this thread.

For this year, they've taken a different approach. Instead of auditioning with the actual entry, the aspiring singers will instead submit video footage of themselves singing one Junior Eurovision song as well as any song of their choice, supposedly to put more focus on the performers rather than on the song. This is kind of how Sweden went about Lilla Melodifestivalen in 2014.

Do you all think this could become a trend among the participating countries, since we kinda had this format last year with Bulgaria and Italy, the difference being they only selected their performer(s) this way?

Here we have some auditions: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... 22+auditie
Last edited by simonsko on July 2nd, 2016, 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

January 7th, 2016, 8:52 pm #2

As long as they will perform original songs in the final... but I am sad to see even the Netherlands going down this road. The singer selections will probably not end this year seeing as Destiny came from one :rolleyes:

Esref
Candy Music
Candy Music
Esref
Candy Music
Candy Music

January 7th, 2016, 9:34 pm #3

I don't know if the new way their NF is going to be is going to work or not, but I do hope Netherlands finds a way to 'revive' the contest somehow. 300,000 people watched the show this year and that's a huge disappointment.

Marzhoparzho
Candy Music
Candy Music

January 7th, 2016, 11:27 pm #4

I'm sad to see it has come this far, but on the other hand I think I kind of understand it...

I just hope they'll 'borrow' Miguel Wiels if they're going down this road, I don't always feel like Dutch professional song writers are more capable than children auditioning xD It's hard to say if this format is attracting enough people, either not that many people could be bothered to put it on YT or hardly anyone auditioned so far. I suppose that's less of an issue if it's about voice and stage presence anyway and there have been rumours in the past of AVROTROS just inviting people to audition so xD

Ariana
Desde El Cielo
Desde El Cielo
Ariana
Desde El Cielo
Desde El Cielo

January 8th, 2016, 10:01 pm #5

I guess they realized that the only way to get a good place is to have perfect vocals and a professional song… Even though Million Lights was better than most of the songs this year...
We're going up!!!

Stardust
Arabiens Dr?m
Arabiens Dr?m
Stardust
Arabiens Dr?m
Arabiens Dr?m

January 9th, 2016, 1:43 pm #6

Pff, A Million Lights seemed professional but the package on TV just ended up putting everyone to sleep.
I hate this new format though, the JSF format was the best NF. Will we get a "NF" at all in the end, or it will be like Malta does?
Marjo do you know why the audience for JESC this year in NL was so low?

Marzhoparzho
Candy Music
Candy Music

January 9th, 2016, 2:16 pm #7

I think it'll be like Junior Eurosong because the deadline is the 1st of March. No one would watch if it was just another show of kids singing covers, at least I hope AVROTROS can see that. The reason why people could be bothered with JSF was because it featured ordinary Dutch children writing and performing their own songs and then representing the Netherlands abroad. Now I think they realized that most people don't even care much for the audition and song selection phase and just care about good songs and good results, often ruined by the fact that those with good songs often perform badly and therefore aren't chosen to represent the Netherlands in the end. Perhaps they felt that the format was no longer sustainable especially since the odds of producing a new Ralf or a Rachel seem to get lower every year with more and more countries getting it right just by sending a great vocalist.

I think bad results and seeing children who can't sing leads to people being less eager to watch.

Joni
Bzz..
Bzz..

January 9th, 2016, 7:45 pm #8

Stardust,Jan 9 2016 wrote: Marjo do you know why the audience for JESC this year in NL was so low?
My simple guess would be that all the songs more or less sucked. Everybody knew that the country was doomed anyway.

Seriously, you will need some quality songs this year.
Last edited by Joni on January 9th, 2016, 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marzhoparzho
Candy Music
Candy Music

January 9th, 2016, 8:51 pm #9

JSF 2006, 2008 & 2009 really really really sucked yet that didn't matter much, most viewers don't know the songs in advance so they can hardly predict whether they're going to watch it or not.

Ariana
Desde El Cielo
Desde El Cielo
Ariana
Desde El Cielo
Desde El Cielo

January 9th, 2016, 9:18 pm #10

The most logical explanation is that viewers are disappointed by the bad results of the recent years and don't want to watch it because they already know that their country won't do well. Actually since Belgium left the contest The Netherlands have been getting bad places. I don't know if their absence has to do something with the results, but they don't have their 12 points! And now that all the countries in the area have withdrawn ( Sweden didn't take part in 2015) the things got worse for them. They don't have anybody to vote for them but they still were the first country to confirm their participation in the 2016 contest and they opened their submission period for a national selection with a revamped format. I mean that every other country that would get bad results for 3 years in a row would have withdrawn ,but instead of this they're trying harder this year...
I would suggest that the composers of the songs for the national selection should be people who compose songs for adult singers and not children because childish songs usually don't do well these years. Even Georgia (that used to be a successful country) failed this year.
We're going up!!!