Esref
Candy Music
Candy Music
Esref
Candy Music
Candy Music

May 9th, 2017, 9:48 pm #11

I never liked Iceland until today, I'm upset she didn't make it.

And like you Sanderijn, I was so sure it'd be Finland, wasn't very happy when I heard Belgium though... I don't want to be mean but she was really bad, maybe the 10th placer or something? I was shocked to see it go through.

Greece could be the worst song of the year, even Valentina's song is better, at least they have a tacky act that fits it, absolutely disgusted it made the finals. She can't even sing.

Azerbaijan was the best of the night for me along with Iceland and Finland. It was a very lame show overall, it's like it was full of songs I didn't mind hearing but I would never listen myself xD

Very sad that the highlight of the show was when we heard Dancing Lasha Tumbai for like 10 seconds when Verka was on stage xD And wow, I didn't like UK till now (never really listened to it in full) but that was just amazing <3 She'll do so well.

Oh and Portugal wasn't that bad actually, if Italy sings like that they'll win anyway (even though I hope it pulls a Song :P ) so I should be prepared for that.
Last edited by Esref on May 9th, 2017, 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marzhoparzho
Candy Music
Candy Music

May 9th, 2017, 9:55 pm #12

I somehow feel like Australia and Belgium survived on the basis that the jury is slightly too knowledgeable and is more likely to take the official videos and odds into consideration, like they know that they're supposed to be listening to the most contemporary songs of the evening..

The amount of WTH BELGIUM!? on Twitter doesn't bode too well for them if she performs like that in the final too. I mean it grew on me recently but I just can't get over the fact that she qualified with that non event of a performance over Finland xD I think I'm going to be repeating that a lot over the next two days xD

I liked Iceland but somehow I don't feel sorry for them.. I didn't feel sorry for them last year either xD Should get their act together and send singers like Yohanna :P

Portugal was magical <3 I think they'll do very very well at long last <3

Joni
Bzz..
Bzz..

May 9th, 2017, 9:56 pm #13

Most shitty result ever, I understand we didn't make it in 2015 and 2016 but now... WTF?!?!

Marzhoparzho
Candy Music
Candy Music

May 9th, 2017, 9:59 pm #14

Joni,May 9 2017 wrote: Most shitty result ever, I understand we didn't make it in 2015 and 2016 but now... WTF?!?!
I even thought it would be a potential Top 10 in the final for :finland: :'(

Esref
Candy Music
Candy Music
Esref
Candy Music
Candy Music

May 9th, 2017, 10:04 pm #15

Marzhoparzho,May 9 2017 wrote:
Joni,May 9 2017 wrote: Most shitty result ever, I understand we didn't make it in 2015 and 2016 but now... WTF?!?!
I even thought it would be a potential Top 10 in the final for :finland: :'(
I thought that immediately when I saw they rehearsal footage actually, but I always knew the song was not strong enough and could get repetitive for most people so I'm not as surprised as you :P

I just can't get over with Greece qualifying, that song xD

Watching them again now, Slavko had the best performance (visuals wise) I wonder if he was close to quaflying at all, I'm going to miss that in the final :( The last 30 seconds of the song is just there to make it longer though and that was very obvious xD Even he sounded better than Belgium xD
Last edited by Esref on May 9th, 2017, 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marzhoparzho
Candy Music
Candy Music

May 9th, 2017, 10:13 pm #16

The art of Finland's entry is in the repetition :P Just like with Belgium and Australia really.. but then they did the wailing thing in the last seconds while Leena had full control of her voice, perhaps she should have started singing horribly off key as well since that's the clue to qualifying if you're singing a repetitive slow song, ouch that Australian ad lib too..

I think Montenegro was pretty close unless the juries placed him last, which they might well have.. feel like it got everyone in Europe talking and Mel and Scott (BBC) read out a tweet saying SHUT UP :greece: MONTENEGRO TAUGHT ME ALL I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT LOVE.

Obviously Greece was horrendous but I sensed it would qualify, Poland and Cyprus didn't surprise me either xD There are always freak qualifiers you feel you can't do anything about anyway :P

lucas
The Start
The Start
lucas
The Start
The Start

May 9th, 2017, 10:18 pm #17

I want to express my anger at :finland:'s Non Qualification but Marjo put it so elegantly that I can't add anything ;;

Esref
Candy Music
Candy Music
Esref
Candy Music
Candy Music

May 9th, 2017, 10:19 pm #18

I don't even want to talk about Cyprus, never heard the full song until a couple days ago and it's very disturbing to listen to now, like...you CAN'T copy a song like that, they could just as well use the karaoke version of Human.

And I don't think Poland will ever not qualify, before Polish people were not watching Eurovision and therefore the people outside Poland were not voting for their own country. But now it's became a big deal in Poland after 2014 so they have to try very hard not to qualify (even 2015 wasn't hard enough :P )

And I am 100% sure Montenegro was last on jury vote, it felt like it was made to be placed last on the jury vote xD

And Australia's last bit was horrendous I know, and why have yourself on those huge screens lad, let's be honest you're not that pretty xD
Last edited by Esref on May 9th, 2017, 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dn16
Bzz..
Bzz..

May 10th, 2017, 7:30 am #19

O my Finland :'( <3

zsb37105qtyz
Bzz..
Bzz..

May 10th, 2017, 5:03 pm #20

So upset at Montenegro not qualifying :( Easily the best of the semi, happy for Moldova, truly deserved to qualify

On the other hand:
- Belgium = that performance was not good enough
- Australia = messed up compared to Albania who was flawless
- Armenia = still don't get it
- Poland = Poland can now send any old **** and still qualify, I'm so angry they qualified.....

Sad for Iceland and Finland, they deserved to go through

Surprised Latvia didn't make it because of going last but that performance was the flattest thing ever, there is literally no beat at all in that chorus, so not sad at all to see them not qualify