3 weeks from half yeard. Slow growth.

For any man 20 and older with a shorter beard (or any facial hair style) and prior beard experience who wants to show off his beard and share his experience.
Stevie t
Beard Jedi
Stevie t
Beard Jedi
Joined: January 1st, 2015, 7:59 pm

January 17th, 2018, 6:24 pm #121

Coming along well after the barber mess up. Hairs can still start pushing through well into beard maturity, Those late growers/dormant hairs can at times be very late growing so hang in there fella, those sparser areas can still fill in.

Stevie
Quote
Like
Share

CanadianStayingWarm
Beard Elite
Joined: December 4th, 2017, 4:19 pm

January 17th, 2018, 6:54 pm #122

I still think you'd look weird with a conventional / full coverage beard.

You look awesome rocking what you have! It's like you've got some amazing, funky jazz going on in your and you want to switch it to elevator music !?

Even if it gets to the full face-sweater stage... I recommend trimming it back to something closer to what you presently have. But hey - I get it - we always want what we don't have.

Listen to Eric B and Rakims "Juice (Know the Ledge)" - that sound, is how your beard looks!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote
Like
Share

Nuvverbeer
Beard Master
Nuvverbeer
Beard Master
Joined: September 8th, 2017, 12:09 pm

January 17th, 2018, 8:08 pm #123

Your beard is still looking quality man, you've got many excellent bearded characteristics. You are even undoing the ultra-heavy barbering that happened recently, day by day you are building back over that. It may well be that some hairs haven't really erupted yet - you look like a youngish fella with plenty more years ahead of you, so your beard certainly hasn't stopped developing and will become more matured and established in years to come. Notwithstanding, focusing on the beard you have crafted at the present time, you should just carry on riding it out and staying bearded. As other guys have already said, your beard has serious vibes and is f**king badass. I think it would be a serious loss if you ever decided to do anything heavy-handed to it - it's a keeper. Keep doing your thing man. All the best. Cheers!
Check out my beard journey here: https://tinyurl.com/Nuvverbeer-s-Beard-Journey
Quote
Like
Share

MBurro
Beard Regular
MBurro
Beard Regular
Joined: September 29th, 2017, 2:30 am

January 18th, 2018, 3:17 pm #124

Stevie t wrote: Coming along well after the barber mess up. Hairs can still start pushing through well into beard maturity, Those late growers/dormant hairs can at times be very late growing so hang in there fella, those sparser areas can still fill in.

Stevie
Thanks I’m definitely trying my best to hang in there.
Quote
Like
Share

MBurro
Beard Regular
MBurro
Beard Regular
Joined: September 29th, 2017, 2:30 am

January 24th, 2018, 1:14 am #125

CanadianStayingWarm wrote: I still think you'd look weird with a conventional / full coverage beard.

You look awesome rocking what you have!  It's like you've got some amazing, funky jazz going on in your and you want to switch it to elevator music !?

Even if it gets to the full face-sweater stage... I recommend trimming it back to something closer to what you presently have.  But hey - I get it - we always want what we don't have.

Listen to Eric B and Rakims "Juice (Know the Ledge)" - that sound, is how your beard looks!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I get where you're  saying. thanks man. After I've got everything filled in I'm going to cut it back down.
Quote
Like
Share

MBurro
Beard Regular
MBurro
Beard Regular
Joined: September 29th, 2017, 2:30 am

January 24th, 2018, 1:16 am #126

Nuvverbeer wrote: Your beard is still looking quality man, you've got many excellent bearded characteristics. You are even undoing the ultra-heavy barbering that happened recently, day by day you are building back over that. It may well be that some hairs haven't really erupted yet - you look like a youngish fella with plenty more years ahead of you, so your beard certainly hasn't stopped developing and will become more matured and established in years to come. Notwithstanding, focusing on the beard you have crafted at the present time, you should just carry on riding it out and staying bearded. As other guys have already said, your beard has serious vibes and is f**king badass. I think it would be a serious loss if you ever decided to do anything heavy-handed to it - it's a keeper. Keep doing your thing man. All the best. Cheers!
Thanks for the encouragement. I'm definitely willing to carry on the growth. Yeah I look very young which is why i'm trying to grow it out lol. 
Quote
Like
Share

gato
Beard Titan
gato
Beard Titan
Joined: May 4th, 2014, 11:36 am

January 24th, 2018, 10:57 am #127

IT's been a while since I've been on your thread.   Your beard is repairing itself well from the barber visit.  It's looking pretty cool again.
Quote
Like
Share

MBurro
Beard Regular
MBurro
Beard Regular
Joined: September 29th, 2017, 2:30 am

January 26th, 2018, 4:18 am #128

gato wrote: IT's been a while since I've been on your thread.   Your beard is repairing itself well from the barber visit.  It's looking pretty cool again.
Thank you just hanging in there for the long term.
Quote
Like
Share

MBurro
Beard Regular
MBurro
Beard Regular
Joined: September 29th, 2017, 2:30 am

January 26th, 2018, 6:10 pm #129

I’m now at 5 months. If after 6 months I don’t see any solid improvements then I’m shaving back to my Van dyke.
Last edited by MBurro on March 9th, 2018, 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quote
Like
Share

Stevie t
Beard Jedi
Stevie t
Beard Jedi
Joined: January 1st, 2015, 7:59 pm

January 26th, 2018, 7:30 pm #130

Still hanging on in there fella!
I personally think the style you've got at present suits the shape of your face but you,re the one who see's it every day!
If it does end up as a Van Dyke, that's a very cool look, sported one myself awhile back.
If you visit a few threads you'll see quite a few Van Dykes being grown out at present!

Stevie
Quote
Like
Share

MBurro
Beard Regular
MBurro
Beard Regular
Joined: September 29th, 2017, 2:30 am

January 27th, 2018, 4:33 am #131

Stevie t wrote: Still hanging on in there fella!
I personally think the style you've got at present suits the shape of your face but you,re the one who see's it every day!
If it does end up as a Van Dyke, that's a very cool look, sported one myself awhile back.
If you visit a few threads you'll see quite a few Van Dykes being grown out at present!

Stevie
Yeah just trying to hang in there. Thanks I guess it does fit my face but I’d like to see everything connected at least.
Quote
Like
Share

gato
Beard Titan
gato
Beard Titan
Joined: May 4th, 2014, 11:36 am

January 27th, 2018, 12:07 pm #132

Indeed, your van dyck would be a very strong one and a good look.  There's no harm in going back and forth between the two looks.

Even though your full beard has some gaps in it, it's a very cool pattern and looks good.
Quote
Like
Share

MBurro
Beard Regular
MBurro
Beard Regular
Joined: September 29th, 2017, 2:30 am

January 28th, 2018, 12:10 am #133

gato wrote: Indeed, your van dyck would be a very strong one and a good look.  There's no harm in going back and forth between the two looks.

Even though your full beard has some gaps in it, it's a very cool pattern and looks good.
Yes I agree but I’m actually curious as to what I’d look like with a complete beard. I think my curiosity is what’s been driving me to continue growing. Everyone seems to like the pattern but myself lol. Thank you.
Quote
Like
Share

CanadianStayingWarm
Beard Elite
Joined: December 4th, 2017, 4:19 pm

January 28th, 2018, 12:55 am #134

MBurro wrote:
gato wrote: Indeed, your van dyck would be a very strong one and a good look.  There's no harm in going back and forth between the two looks.

Even though your full beard has some gaps in it, it's a very cool pattern and looks good.
Yes I agree but I’m actually curious as to what I’d look like with a complete beard. I think my curiosity is what’s been driving me to continue growing. Everyone seems to like the pattern but myself lol. Thank you.
I believe there are lots of apps you can D/L that will show you bearded.

I should see how accurate they are for me!




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote
Like
Share

MBurro
Beard Regular
MBurro
Beard Regular
Joined: September 29th, 2017, 2:30 am

January 28th, 2018, 1:01 am #135

CanadianStayingWarm wrote:
MBurro wrote:
gato wrote: Indeed, your van dyck would be a very strong one and a good look.  There's no harm in going back and forth between the two looks.

Even though your full beard has some gaps in it, it's a very cool pattern and looks good.
Yes I agree but I’m actually curious as to what I’d look like with a complete beard. I think my curiosity is what’s been driving me to continue growing. Everyone seems to like the pattern but myself lol. Thank you.
I believe there are lots of apps you can D/L that will show you bearded.

I should see how accurate they are for me!




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I doubt it’d be accurate but I might give it a try haha
Quote
Like
Share

Nuvverbeer
Beard Master
Nuvverbeer
Beard Master
Joined: September 8th, 2017, 12:09 pm

January 28th, 2018, 4:42 pm #136

I concur with the other gents, your beard looks great, so many great features that work flawlessly with you, because it's yours and no others. It just so happens that your beard is particularly strong in the quintessential areas for a tremendous Van Dyke. Your goatee is out of this world, and the moustache is very smooth. The rest of your beard does add completeness, trust me, it doesn't detract from the beard at all and looks great on you. As many have pointed out, your growth pattern is very cool, almost effortlessly cool. Your beard is great because of your growth pattern and style, not in spite of it. Whilst I would be cautious about putting a 'deadline' on your growing out period, and you should go by how you feel each week rather than the days/dates themselves, I think you have nurtured and cared for your beard long enough to know this and do what is right for you at this point in time. Plenty more beard years left in you man, the window is huge, so you can try a number of different looks in years to come. Keep growing, we're rooting for you! Cheers!
Check out my beard journey here: https://tinyurl.com/Nuvverbeer-s-Beard-Journey
Quote
Like
Share

MBurro
Beard Regular
MBurro
Beard Regular
Joined: September 29th, 2017, 2:30 am

January 29th, 2018, 6:15 am #137

Nuvverbeer wrote: I concur with the other gents, your beard looks great, so many great features that work flawlessly with you, because it's yours and no others. It just so happens that your beard is particularly strong in the quintessential areas for a tremendous Van Dyke. Your goatee is out of this world, and the moustache is very smooth. The rest of your beard does add completeness, trust me, it doesn't detract from the beard at all and looks great on you. As many have pointed out, your growth pattern is very cool, almost effortlessly cool. Your beard is great because of your growth pattern and style, not in spite of it. Whilst I would be cautious about putting a 'deadline' on your growing out period, and you should go by how you feel each week rather than the days/dates themselves, I think you have nurtured and cared for your beard long enough to know this and do what is right for you at this point in time. Plenty more beard years left in you man, the window is huge, so you can try a number of different looks in years to come. Keep growing, we're rooting for you! Cheers!
I honestly don’t even know what to say. Thank you very much for the encouraging words.
Quote
Like
Share

MBurro
Beard Regular
MBurro
Beard Regular
Joined: September 29th, 2017, 2:30 am

February 6th, 2018, 6:38 pm #138

The right side finally seems to be connecting now (durag pic) and the left side seems to be filling in closer to the back area under the chin. I plan on just growing away even if that means beyond the Yeard.
Last edited by MBurro on March 9th, 2018, 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quote
Like
Share

Nuvverbeer
Beard Master
Nuvverbeer
Beard Master
Joined: September 8th, 2017, 12:09 pm

February 6th, 2018, 7:24 pm #139

Hey bud! Great update! You are really filling out for sure, your beard appears a little bushier on the sides, and that weight is narrowing the sparser area on the right. It looks good now anyhow, but I know you will be pleased to see the results you want drip-feeding into the beard with time. I have gaps that almost an inch thick on my cheeks, and others like puddles on my jawline/neck, and eventually the weight and downward direction of the hairs (sometimes as a result of the weight) slowly ate away at them until it isn't really visible. My hairs are like thin copper wire, very straight, so after a while they 'drop' rather than grow out. I suspect many guys, like yourself, have beard hair with more texture to it, so it takes a bit more perseverance for that 'drop' effect to work in specific areas. As I have already said, I really admire your patience and determination, and updates like this really pay credence to that about you. Credit to you. 

A yeard! :) Now we're talking man! I may have to join you on the quest of the yeard haha! There is nothing to lose by growing out your beard for a year, only gain. You can always keep the goatee area and moustache maintained at a length you like and let the cheeks get as long as possible so that you can see how much connects. Nothing wrong with non-connection in a beard, as I learnt with the stache actually, I was pretty disheartened that the moustache cannot join the goatee, but found that instead I just got kudos and positive attention from both moustache and beard fans, rather than just one or the other. Similarly, you should know that you have plenty of beard fans for your beard just how it is. :) 

Keep up the good work, we will be right behind you! Cheers!
Check out my beard journey here: https://tinyurl.com/Nuvverbeer-s-Beard-Journey
Quote
Like
Share

MBurro
Beard Regular
MBurro
Beard Regular
Joined: September 29th, 2017, 2:30 am

February 6th, 2018, 11:55 pm #140

Nuvverbeer wrote: Hey bud! Great update! You are really filling out for sure, your beard appears a little bushier on the sides, and that weight is narrowing the sparser area on the right. It looks good now anyhow, but I know you will be pleased to see the results you want drip-feeding into the beard with time. I have gaps that almost an inch thick on my cheeks, and others like puddles on my jawline/neck, and eventually the weight and downward direction of the hairs (sometimes as a result of the weight) slowly ate away at them until it isn't really visible. My hairs are like thin copper wire, very straight, so after a while they 'drop' rather than grow out. I suspect many guys, like yourself, have beard hair with more texture to it, so it takes a bit more perseverance for that 'drop' effect to work in specific areas. As I have already said, I really admire your patience and determination, and updates like this really pay credence to that about you. Credit to you. 

A yeard! :) Now we're talking man! I may have to join you on the quest of the yeard haha! There is nothing to lose by growing out your beard for a year, only gain. You can always keep the goatee area and moustache maintained at a length you like and let the cheeks get as long as possible so that you can see how much connects. Nothing wrong with non-connection in a beard, as I learnt with the stache actually, I was pretty disheartened that the moustache cannot join the goatee, but found that instead I just got kudos and positive attention from both moustache and beard fans, rather than just one or the other. Similarly, you should know that you have plenty of beard fans for your beard just how it is. :) 

Keep up the good work, we will be right behind you! Cheers!
I'm always at a loss for words when you comment haha. You're always very detailed and very encouraging. Thank you for the kind words. The Yeard is definitely a quest to embark on, more so for myself to give my beard more time, but for you it'll make that beard you have even greater than it already is ! Thanks again. 
Quote
Like
Share