3 weeks from half yeard. Slow growth.

For any man 20 and older with a shorter beard (or any facial hair style) and prior beard experience who wants to show off his beard and share his experience.
MBurro
Beard Regular
MBurro
Beard Regular
Joined: September 29th, 2017, 2:30 am

December 20th, 2017, 9:31 pm #101

Slybeard wrote: You can work with slow.  My beard is slow as well.  Be patient and remember, although it is slow, it already looks good.  So have fun while it grows.
Yeah I guess I have no other choice but to. Thank you !
Quote
Like
Share

MBurro
Beard Regular
MBurro
Beard Regular
Joined: September 29th, 2017, 2:30 am

December 20th, 2017, 9:32 pm #102

CanadianStayingWarm wrote: Dood!  First thing I thought when I stumbled across your post / pics was Thelonious Monk, the jazz GOD!

He rocked some awesome facial hair for decades... and I am sure you can surpass him.

Stay strong!  



My hair is dead straight, so I can see / feel it grow day by day. But remember... legends aren't build overnight!!




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha thanks man yeah it's just a matter of me being patient. Thanks for the haircut advice as well.
Quote
Like
Share

beardedfather
Beard Titan
Joined: July 9th, 2010, 5:55 am

December 21st, 2017, 1:39 am #103

Burro!
What the heck are you thinking???????  Look at the style you got going.  Your sides are growing in so well.  Nice look.  When I see them, I see loads of filling in.  Your chin has become nice and long.  What a great beard.  So, it took 4 months!!!  You are 4 months richer for it.  Don't even think of changing it, and you are looking great.  Nice beard.  Every view is really handsome.

I want for you to just settle in, and enjoy what you got.  Now you are focusing 5 months?  Right?????????? 
Keep up the good work.
Merry Christmas sir. 
Tom
Quote
Like
Share

MBurro
Beard Regular
MBurro
Beard Regular
Joined: September 29th, 2017, 2:30 am

December 21st, 2017, 4:55 am #104

beardedfather wrote: Burro!
What the heck are you thinking???????  Look at the style you got going.  Your sides are growing in so well.  Nice look.  When I see them, I see loads of filling in.  Your chin has become nice and long.  What a great beard.  So, it took 4 months!!!  You are 4 months richer for it.  Don't even think of changing it, and you are looking great.  Nice beard.  Every view is really handsome.

I want for you to just settle in, and enjoy what you got.  Now you are focusing 5 months?  Right?????????? 
Keep up the good work.
Merry Christmas sir. 
Tom
Haha Tom you're the man. Thanks a lot man. I'm definitely going to continue growing in hopes that it looks more like an actual beard and not side burns with a mustache and goatee. My next goal is 6 months.
Quote
Like
Share

gato
Beard Titan
gato
Beard Titan
Joined: May 4th, 2014, 11:36 am

December 21st, 2017, 10:29 am #105

It's been a long time since I've been on your thread, and you've made some great progress, sir!

It sounds like you've reached a stage where, even though you're not completely happy with it, you plan on keeping it....to me, that sounds like you're ready for your thread to be moved over to the established side of the beard.  

Please let me know if you're ok with me moving your thread over to short beards.
Quote
Like
Share

ShaunMV
Beard Master
ShaunMV
Beard Master
Joined: September 21st, 2017, 10:26 am

December 21st, 2017, 2:41 pm #106

You definitely deserve to be in established beards man! Come join the fun! Haha

Shaun

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Quote
Like
Share

MBurro
Beard Regular
MBurro
Beard Regular
Joined: September 29th, 2017, 2:30 am

December 21st, 2017, 4:09 pm #107

gato wrote: It's been a long time since I've been on your thread, and you've made some great progress, sir!

It sounds like you've reached a stage where, even though you're not completely happy with it, you plan on keeping it....to me, that sounds like you're ready for your thread to be moved over to the established side of the beard.  

Please let me know if you're ok with me moving your thread over to short beards.
Thank you so much for following my progress. I guess it's time I should take that step and join established beards. Let's do it !
Quote
Like
Share

MBurro
Beard Regular
MBurro
Beard Regular
Joined: September 29th, 2017, 2:30 am

December 21st, 2017, 4:09 pm #108

ShaunMV wrote: You definitely deserve to be in established beards man! Come join the fun! Haha

Shaun

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
Lol yeah I think it's about that time. I'm coming home haha.
Quote
Like
Share

gato
Beard Titan
gato
Beard Titan
Joined: May 4th, 2014, 11:36 am

December 22nd, 2017, 10:11 am #109

Awesome!  Allow me to be the first to welcome you to short beards!
Quote
Like
Share

Stevie t
Beard Jedi
Stevie t
Beard Jedi
Joined: January 1st, 2015, 7:59 pm

December 22nd, 2017, 11:37 am #110

It's awesome to see all the different beard styles displayed on this forum & yours is unique to you, it looks fine, a very cool look.
Good to hear your pushing on to 6 months, you'll notice a difference at that stage that will hopefully motivate you to push it a bit further down the road. Stay the course fella & welcome to established.

Merry Christmas

Stevie
Quote
Like
Share

MBurro
Beard Regular
MBurro
Beard Regular
Joined: September 29th, 2017, 2:30 am

December 22nd, 2017, 4:23 pm #111

gato wrote: Awesome!  Allow me to be the first to welcome you to short beards!
Thanks for the warm welcome. It feels good to be a part of short beards.
Quote
Like
Share

MBurro
Beard Regular
MBurro
Beard Regular
Joined: September 29th, 2017, 2:30 am

December 22nd, 2017, 4:24 pm #112

Stevie t wrote: It's awesome to see all the different beard styles displayed on this forum & yours is unique to you, it looks fine, a very cool look.
Good to hear your pushing on to 6 months, you'll notice a difference at that stage that will hopefully motivate you to push it a bit further down the road. Stay the course fella & welcome to established.

Merry Christmas

Stevie
Hey Thanks Stevie ! I'll stay the course foe sure. I be invested too much time to turn back now. Merry Christmas as well.
Quote
Like
Share

MBurro
Beard Regular
MBurro
Beard Regular
Joined: September 29th, 2017, 2:30 am

December 29th, 2017, 2:33 am #113

I'm happy I made it to 4 months but I'm pissed at my haircut. The stupid barber shaved the hair under my chin and brought up my Neck line. That was four months of growth man smh.By the time he started I couldn't even stop him smh. I swear it's always something going wrong. Things were so much simpler without a beard.
Last edited by MBurro on March 9th, 2018, 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quote
Like
Share

CanadianStayingWarm
Beard Elite
Joined: December 4th, 2017, 4:19 pm

December 29th, 2017, 3:14 am #114

Dood! Glass hall full. You learned 2 important things:

A) over-communicate to your barber

B) you need to find a new barber to over-communicate to

Still looks great man, and it'll grow back in quickly.

Your beard has possibly the most amount of uniqueness and personality on here... and I don't mean it like "She's got a great personality..." 🤣

It's edgy, hardcore, speaks to your character and is badass.

Rock it with style and attitude!... You look so down in your last pic... that's gotta stop.

I think I'd be sad if you grew in a thick, massive "Rick Ross" (the rapper & former correctional officer , NOT gangster) beehive type of beard!

With the revised profile, it reminds me of CLASSIC Rakim Allah, an absolute KING!










Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote
Like
Share

beardedJoe427
Beard Friendly
beardedJoe427
Beard Friendly
Joined: November 27th, 2016, 4:21 am

December 29th, 2017, 2:52 pm #115

Your barber really worked over the neckline for sure, but beard still strong. Beard on brother

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote
Like
Share

MBurro
Beard Regular
MBurro
Beard Regular
Joined: September 29th, 2017, 2:30 am

December 29th, 2017, 4:39 pm #116

CanadianStayingWarm wrote: Dood!  Glass hall full. You learned 2 important things:

A) over-communicate to your barber

B) you need to find a new barber to over-communicate to

Still looks great man, and it'll grow back in quickly.  

Your beard has possibly the most amount of uniqueness and personality on here... and I don't mean it like "She's got a great personality..." 🤣

It's edgy, hardcore, speaks to your character and is badass.

Rock it with style and attitude!...   You look so down in your last pic... that's gotta stop.

I think I'd be sad if you grew in a thick, massive "Rick Ross" (the rapper & former correctional officer , NOT gangster) beehive type of beard!  

With the revised profile, it reminds me of CLASSIC Rakim Allah, an absolute KING!










Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes I really did learn those lessons and I might need a new barber for sure, but yes I'll try take the optimistic route although I wanna slap him. Btw man your pic comparisons for my beard has been spot on man ! Haha thanks.
Quote
Like
Share

MBurro
Beard Regular
MBurro
Beard Regular
Joined: September 29th, 2017, 2:30 am

December 29th, 2017, 4:41 pm #117

beardedJoe427 wrote: Your barber really worked over the neckline for sure, but beard still strong.  Beard on brother

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Yeh he sure did. I'm seriously over this guy smh. Thank you !
Quote
Like
Share

Nuvverbeer
Beard Master
Nuvverbeer
Beard Master
Joined: September 8th, 2017, 12:09 pm

December 29th, 2017, 4:57 pm #118

Whilst I have no idea what the barber thought he was achieving by shaving into your neckline, I am glad that he hacked into an area that is not widely noticeable and will grow back pretty quickly and smoothly. His overzealous trim could have been A LOT worse mate, and you are still marching on with your beard journey relatively unscathed - so that is a relief. As the other guys have said, being very clear, firm and insistent at the barbers is important - it saved my sideburns a few weeks back (previously shaven right off). Easier said than done when you're not sat in the barber's chair, but in the end of the day, the barber would rather see you leave happy than slapping some sense into them. You are a strong-willed and determined guy, and your commitment to date really speaks volumes about you. Keep it bearded dude, you are owning it. Cheers!
Check out my beard journey here: https://tinyurl.com/Nuvverbeer-s-Beard-Journey
Quote
Like
Share

MBurro
Beard Regular
MBurro
Beard Regular
Joined: September 29th, 2017, 2:30 am

December 30th, 2017, 6:45 pm #119

Nuvverbeer wrote: Whilst I have no idea what the barber thought he was achieving by shaving into your neckline, I am glad that he hacked into an area that is not widely noticeable and will grow back pretty quickly and smoothly. His overzealous trim could have been A LOT worse mate, and you are still marching on with your beard journey relatively unscathed - so that is a relief. As the other guys have said, being very clear, firm and insistent at the barbers is important - it saved my sideburns a few weeks back (previously shaven right off). Easier said than done when you're not sat in the barber's chair, but in the end of the day, the barber would rather see you leave happy than slapping some sense into them. You are a strong-willed and determined guy, and your commitment to date really speaks volumes about you. Keep it bearded dude, you are owning it. Cheers!
Well I do hope it grows back quickly because that was four months of progress 😔. I am glad as you said he didn't cut into a key area like what previously happened with your sideburns haha that must have sucked. I'll get through because I'm in in for the long term. Thanks for your support man !
Quote
Like
Share

MBurro
Beard Regular
MBurro
Beard Regular
Joined: September 29th, 2017, 2:30 am

January 17th, 2018, 4:20 pm #120

So I’m convinced that some of my hairs just haven’t reached that anagen stage as yet despite starting my 19th week. Well at least the hair where my barber butchered is growing back.
Last edited by MBurro on March 9th, 2018, 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quote
Like
Share