Growing a teen beard???

For 19 and younger, start a personal journey thread and ask questions here.

Growing a teen beard???

ozzyzig94
Beard Friendly

21 Jul 2012, 11:38 #1

Hi guys!!! I'm 17 years old (in december I'll be 18), and I really want to try to grow a beard, even if I know that it won't seem like an adult and mature beard. I think that I'll have a complete and full coverage in some time, because also my dad has got it, but now this is my 2-weeks beard.

What do you think for a 2-weeks beard? Now, I'm going to make it grow for a while, I wanted to reach a, maybe, 1 or 1,2 cm lenght and then I'll keep it at this lenght with a trimmer. You see that "hole" on the chin? Well, will it become thicker if I let it grow??? And, in general, will all the holes fill if I let it grow longer??

DanoFromCO
Beard Titan

21 Jul 2012, 13:46 #2

Well you are very early in your beard maturation, as you know. But it may turn out ok after 3 months. I do suspect it will be pretty thin, so as long as your expectations are set properly...in other words, you don't expect too much from your beard yet, you won't get too frustrated. At some point you may want to do some carving to accentuate your strongest growth.
Patience shall be rewarded!

New beard growers: Check out the Rules of Beard Acquisition.
To upload and post pictures, here is a tutorial.
Do you believe in these Common Beard Myths?

ozzyzig94
Beard Friendly

21 Jul 2012, 14:18 #3

Yeah, I admit the limits of my beard, I know that it's thin in some points, but there is the coverage and it's symmetrical, and I really believe that I could grow a decent beard, but I find it hard to do so only because of that annoying empty hole that is right on the chin, as you can see. Currently, I would be extremely happy if only that "hole" was filled.

ibruno
Beard Legend

21 Jul 2012, 14:25 #4

Doing pretty week for 2 weeks, but I have to be honest and dont take me the wrong way, but your hairs dont look very thick and probably wont even if you grow it for a couple months, yes it will be longer, but thicker? I dont know.
You have a natural chinstrap shape and it will look pretty good after it gets some more length

Harold The Scruff
Beard Elite

21 Jul 2012, 14:27 #5

Hey man, I don't really see a hole per say in the beard but did notice that your coverage is ideal for a chin strap. Grow the whole thing out like you were saying and then decide what you would like after three months like Dano said. I wouldn't concentrate on a length because many spots in your beard will grow both at different lengths, and at different times (slow growers). These "slow growers" could fill in that hole you want to fill, or just cover it up with length. I know a guy who does this beard style where its a mustache+chinstrap that comes up into a soul patch (if that makes any sense you could very easily pull it off). I'm not saying the full beard is a bad way to go though man, just saying once you grow it out you have options.
thebeardersdaily.com

The Beard Blog, discussing everything from bearded celebrities and musicians to weird beards that will blow your mind.

ozzyzig94
Beard Friendly

21 Jul 2012, 15:01 #6

ehm, I didn't write it before, but I have made the chin strap shape, because I shaved it on the cheeks XD well, anyway I wanted to try to let it grow in the not shaves areas... especially because we're in summer, so I have all the time to let it grow... I'll keep you updated in the next weeks.

Beardminator
Beard Legend

21 Jul 2012, 15:38 #7

it might look weak but I guess time and length can and will help you, simply keep growing!

dudebeard
Beard Jedi

21 Jul 2012, 18:33 #8

If I were you, I would stop carving it into chinstrap, just so you can see what you're able to grow. Give it 3 months, if you can be patient that much.
New members, check out Frequently Asked Questions and Rules of Beard Acquisition.
To upload and post pictures, check step-by-step instructions.

Bearding.jefffsbeardboard
Beard Legend

21 Jul 2012, 23:41 #9

DanoFromCO wrote:Well you are very early in your beard maturation, as you know. But it may turn out ok after 3 months. I do suspect it will be pretty thin, so as long as your expectations are set properly...in other words, you don't expect too much from your beard yet, you won't get too frustrated. At some point you may want to do some carving to accentuate your strongest growth.
+2 that's great advice