FYI...BeardBrand Products Now at Target

G54
Beard Elite
G54
Beard Elite
Joined: 7:10 PM - Feb 10, 2018

5:54 PM - Feb 12, 2018 #1

I was at my local Target today and was pleasantly surprised to see that they now carry a full line of BeardBrand products. I bet the sharks are regretting their decision not to partner with Eric now!
My beard journey to (hopefully) terminal length... going-for-terminal-length-t57179.html
All in all I'm just another brick in the wall
Quote
Like
Share

WeirdyWithABeardy
Beard Legend
Joined: 9:27 AM - Jul 26, 2011

7:07 PM - Feb 12, 2018 #2

How are they priced compared to the website? I’ve been putting off trying BeardBrand for years because the pricing is a bit too high for my tastes. I can get oils with virtually the same ingredients for 1/3 of the price. My Walmart sells Honest Amish oil for $10 and it’s all organic with some killer ingredients. I would like to try the BeardBrand wash though.
Quote
Like
Share

G54
Beard Elite
G54
Beard Elite
Joined: 7:10 PM - Feb 10, 2018

7:16 PM - Feb 12, 2018 #3

WeirdyWithABeardy wrote:How are they priced compared to the website? I’ve been putting off trying BeardBrand for years because the pricing is a bit too high for my tastes. I can get oils with virtually the same ingredients for 1/3 of the price. My Walmart sells Honest Amish oil for $10 and it’s all organic with some killer ingredients. I would like to try the BeardBrand wash though.
I dont remember the prices on the balm and oil, but I paid $14.99 for this, so yeah, a bit pricey. But at least buying it at Target eliminates any shipping costs. I havent used it yet, but the smell is definitely...different. Almost smells like tobacco. We'll see how it works and smells on the beard tomorrow.


Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

My beard journey to (hopefully) terminal length... going-for-terminal-length-t57179.html
All in all I'm just another brick in the wall
Quote
Like
Share

WeirdyWithABeardy
Beard Legend
Joined: 9:27 AM - Jul 26, 2011

7:19 PM - Feb 12, 2018 #4

Let me know how you like it! Been searching high and low for a softener that actually works on my beard.
Quote
Like
Share

G54
Beard Elite
G54
Beard Elite
Joined: 7:10 PM - Feb 10, 2018

7:28 PM - Feb 12, 2018 #5

WeirdyWithABeardy wrote:Let me know how you like it! Been searching high and low for a softener that actually works on my beard.
I will review it asap! I have been using Cremo Beard and Scruff softener conditioner as a daily co-wash and really like it. Its priced good and it's considered a 30 second conditioner. So rnse it out after 30 sec. Also available at Target and probably most grocery chains.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

My beard journey to (hopefully) terminal length... going-for-terminal-length-t57179.html
All in all I'm just another brick in the wall
Quote
Like
Share

G54
Beard Elite
G54
Beard Elite
Joined: 7:10 PM - Feb 10, 2018

1:36 PM - Feb 14, 2018 #6

Ok, here's my first impression and early use review of beardbrand Lumbar Yard beard softener conditioner. I can only compare it to Cremo beard and scruff softener conditioner because thats the only other conditioner I've used so far.

Price - Cremo is 4oz for $11.99 at Target. Beardbrand is $14.99 for 3.4 oz at Target. Edge to Cremo.

Smell and consistancy - Cremo has a clean pleasant smell and creamy consistancy that goes into the beard easy and rinses out easily. It claims to be a 30 second conditioner. Beardbrand consistancy, application and rinsing is similar, but the smell is, um...unique. Its supposed to smell like sawdust, but to me smells more like tobacco. I feel like I've just smoked a cigar and the smoke smell is in my beard. Most of the scent does rinse out, but I could still get a whiff after styling. Iwouldnt buy this fragrence again, but might try one of their other scents. Edge to Cremo.

Effect on beard. Cremo - definitly makes the beard softer used daily as a co-wash. Beardbrand - only used twice so far but seems to work as expected. I'd call it a tie.

Overall evaluation - I will use the whole bottle of BB, but only because I paid $15 for it. After its gone, I will either go back to Cremo, or try another brand.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

My beard journey to (hopefully) terminal length... going-for-terminal-length-t57179.html
All in all I'm just another brick in the wall
Quote
Like
Share

TMelectric
Beard Friendly
TMelectric
Beard Friendly
Joined: 8:21 PM - Feb 04, 2018

6:56 PM - Feb 14, 2018 #7

Thanks for the review. I was questioning how the smell would be. I am glad I waited for your review.
Quote
Like
Share

G54
Beard Elite
G54
Beard Elite
Joined: 7:10 PM - Feb 10, 2018

7:17 PM - Feb 14, 2018 #8

TMelectric wrote:Thanks for the review. I was questioning how the smell would be. I am glad I waited for your review.
You're welcome! Some people may like the smell, my wife thinks it smells like wood and says it's not so bad. If Target starts carrying any of their other scents I'll give those a try, mainly because I like to support the smaller start up businesses like Beardbrand.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

My beard journey to (hopefully) terminal length... going-for-terminal-length-t57179.html
All in all I'm just another brick in the wall
Quote
Like
Share

G54
Beard Elite
G54
Beard Elite
Joined: 7:10 PM - Feb 10, 2018

10:16 PM - Feb 15, 2018 #9

Well, I'm afraid I may have to eat my words. I should have waited a few more days before reviewing it so harshly. I've used the Beardbrand Lumbar Yard conditioner now four times, and it has already made my beard feel softer, plus my beard has been more manageable the last couple days. The smell still isnt my favorite scent, but it is growing on me. It no longer smells like tobacco to me and I can definitely detect the woody, or sawdust scent, which really isn't that bad. When this bottle is gone I will be checking out some of BBs other fragrences because I think their products are top notch.

I'll check back after a couple weeks of use.



Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

My beard journey to (hopefully) terminal length... going-for-terminal-length-t57179.html
All in all I'm just another brick in the wall
Quote
Like
Share

WeirdyWithABeardy
Beard Legend
Joined: 9:27 AM - Jul 26, 2011

10:26 PM - Feb 15, 2018 #10

Glad to hear the B.B. started working better for you. I saw a Cremo stuff at Walmart but if I remember correctly, was pretty off put by some of the ingredients. Sometimes the chemical stuff will seem to have a more noticeable effect but won’t be as beneficial in the long run.

I recently purchased a bottle of this stuff.

Beard Guyz Deep Conditioner 25, 8 Fluid Ounce

It was super cheap and is loaded with awesome ingredients. First impressions are promising. Only thing I don’t like is the cheap salon smell but it goes away fairly quickly. Gonna use it a couple more times and see if it continues to make the beard extremely soft.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote
Like
Share

G54
Beard Elite
G54
Beard Elite
Joined: 7:10 PM - Feb 10, 2018

11:15 PM - Feb 15, 2018 #11

WeirdyWithABeardy wrote:Glad to hear the B.B. started working better for you. I saw a Cremo stuff at Walmart but if I remember correctly, was pretty off put by some of the ingredients. Sometimes the chemical stuff will seem to have a more noticeable effect but won’t be as beneficial in the long run.

I recently purchased a bottle of this stuff.

Beard Guyz Deep Conditioner 25, 8 Fluid Ounce

It was super cheap and is loaded with awesome ingredients. First impressions are promising. Only thing I don’t like is the cheap salon smell but it goes away fairly quickly. Gonna use it a couple more times and see if it continues to make the beard extremely soft.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I'm not crazy about the Cremo ingredients either. That's one of the reasons I love the Honest Amish oil and balm. The Beard Guyz shampoo got a high rating from the Beard Tube YouTube channel. Pretty sure their stuff is at Target too. I'm gonna give them a try.

My wife is starting to think Im nuts buying all this beard stuff lol

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

My beard journey to (hopefully) terminal length... going-for-terminal-length-t57179.html
All in all I'm just another brick in the wall
Quote
Like
Share

WeirdyWithABeardy
Beard Legend
Joined: 9:27 AM - Jul 26, 2011

12:20 AM - Feb 16, 2018 #12

G54 wrote:
WeirdyWithABeardy wrote:Glad to hear the B.B. started working better for you. I saw a Cremo stuff at Walmart but if I remember correctly, was pretty off put by some of the ingredients. Sometimes the chemical stuff will seem to have a more noticeable effect but won’t be as beneficial in the long run.

I recently purchased a bottle of this stuff.

Beard Guyz Deep Conditioner 25, 8 Fluid Ounce

It was super cheap and is loaded with awesome ingredients. First impressions are promising. Only thing I don’t like is the cheap salon smell but it goes away fairly quickly. Gonna use it a couple more times and see if it continues to make the beard extremely soft.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I'm not crazy about the Cremo ingredients either. That's one of the reasons I love the Honest Amish oil and balm. The Beard Guyz shampoo got a high rating from the Beard Tube YouTube channel. Pretty sure their stuff is at Target too. I'm gonna give them a try.

My wife is starting to think Im nuts buying all this beard stuff lol

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
Haha I know the feeling. My wife said “OK I think you’re all set on my beard stuff for a while.” I said...NOPE. It’s fun trying new stuff and experimenting.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote
Like
Share

AZ1988
Beard Newcomer
AZ1988
Beard Newcomer
Joined: 2:52 AM - Feb 20, 2018

2:59 AM - Feb 20, 2018 #13

Ive used the Cremo, Beardbrand, and Beard Guyz conditioners/softeners and I honestly have to say that Beard Guyz is my favorite but they're all good.  I was surprised to see BB stuff at Target and like the other guy said, I've been putting their stuff off because of the price.  This is stuff from their "white line" which kinda disappeared not too long ago...I guess now we know where it went!  I got the the Lumber Yard scent as well and its definitely a strong sawdust smell, not bad if you're into that kinda smell but I prefer a more gentleman scent like sweet bourbon or sandalwood. Either way, Ill definitely finish this BB product and I hope Target picks up their silver or gold lines!  I want to try that tea tree and temple smoke.
Quote
Like
Share