First moustache attempt - 23 y.o. from Turkey

For anyone, regardless of age, growing or starting to grow a predominantly solo mustache who wants to show off his mustache and share his experience.

First moustache attempt - 23 y.o. from Turkey

ThracianMate
Beard Newcomer
ThracianMate
Beard Newcomer

July 13th, 2018, 1:48 am #1

Hi bearded mates, this is my very first topic in the forum. I was searching some information about growing a stache and I found the forum. Supportive atmosphere and all of those inspiring stories brought me here immediately. Thank you for the forum.

So... I've always wanted to grow a stache. However, I couldn't do it because there's no beard coverage on my cheeks. So, I thought I wouldn't be able to grow a stache, either. There was a little bit of coverage on my upper lip area when I was 18 years old. I've always shaved it. One week ago I decided to give a shot. I will complete the 13 weeks plan. I really want to carry a handlebar on my face:) Well guys,  what do you think of it? Please let me know! Btw sorry my broken English, I'm not good at writing it.

Cheers

This is result of exact 1 week

Slybeard
Beard Titan
Slybeard
Beard Titan

July 13th, 2018, 11:36 pm #2

Not bad for week, just let it grow.

Stevie t
Beard Jedi
Stevie t
Beard Jedi

July 14th, 2018, 11:55 am #3

That's the best advise^^^^^^just let it grow.
As you've committed to 13 weeks growing you'll see a remarkable transformation, try not to do any trimming over this period if a handlebar is your preferred style.
As the hairs lengthen train them to the sides with a comb or your fingers, you could purchase a moustache wax if the bottom hairs become a problem when eating etc: as they grow out.
You've good coverage to grow a decent stache, also with the growth to the chin/bottom lip a very nice Van Dyke could be on the cards if options other than a solo stache is wanted.
Keep posting updates.

Stevie

deadlydonkey
Beard Legend
deadlydonkey
Beard Legend

July 14th, 2018, 2:17 pm #4

I agree too. You have a very good basis, you just need to let it grow. Trimming it won't help at all.
My Thread: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/jefffsbeardboard/viewtopic.php?t=50056
My YouTube Channel :https://www.youtube.com/user/ananhiskia