Does face cream affects hair fall ?

Got a general mustache-related question or topic you'd like to discuss? Add it here. This forum is open to any mustache question regardless of whether there's other facial hair involved.

Does face cream affects hair fall ?

FrenchMustache
Beard Friendly
FrenchMustache
Beard Friendly

July 4th, 2018, 7:17 pm #1

Hello,

Yesterday, I was to the doctor who gave me a treatment for my face skin, by applying every morning a face cream. I just wanted to know if it's bad for the mustache to be in contact with that cream (which is a cream against dead and red skin) and if it can influences, negativly, my growth.

Thank you.

smedstad
Beard Wizard
smedstad
Beard Wizard

July 5th, 2018, 1:36 pm #2

I have moved this to the questions section since this is not part of your personal thread...

The answer to your question is largely dependent on what type of cream you are using and the active ingredients. Are you applying it under your moustache or just around your moustache? In general, creams absorb into the skin very quickly, so I doubt it will be an issue... but I am not a dermatologist and I have no idea what cream you are using, so I can't really say anything for sure.
Stop trimming your moustache; greater glory awaits...
but if you are going to trim, do it right, go pencil...
then, of course, a nice copstache can be cool too...

My Beard and Moustache Adventures!

Tapatalk How-tos and Q&A

FrenchMustache
Beard Friendly
FrenchMustache
Beard Friendly

July 5th, 2018, 6:28 pm #3

Thank you for your answer.

I just use this cream on my skin so my mustache is never in contact with it. Sometimes, I touch my face and then, my handlebars but I'm not sure if the hairs can absorb it.

The active ingredients are :
WATER (AQUA), CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, DICAPRYLYL ETHER, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, ACETAMIDE MEA, GLYCOLIC ACID, GUANIDINE CARBONATE, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, CETEARETH-33, CROTAMITON, GLYCYRRHETINIC ACID, PIROCTONE OLAMINE, SERENOA SERRULATA FRUIT EXTRACT, TETRASODIUM EDTA, TOCOPHEROL

I'm just afraid that's not good for my mustache and that the hairs can easily fall...

Slybeard
Beard Titan
Slybeard
Beard Titan

July 5th, 2018, 6:45 pm #4

My guess is no, it will not have an affect on your mustache.  It may dilute any wax you are using, which may affect how well it holds.