Goatee Beard 17 years old

For 19 and younger, start a personal journey thread and ask questions here.

Goatee Beard 17 years old

Johnyboy2000
Beard Elite
Johnyboy2000
Beard Elite
Joined: October 11th, 2017, 10:51 am

October 11th, 2017, 10:56 am #1

So I have not shaved for about a week now.Do I have any beard chances or I should keep the goatee stubble?Also can you give any tips about how to grow it better and how does my hair look so far ?
IMG_4286.JPG
IMG_4287.JPG
IMG_4284.JPG
IMG_4286.JPG IMG_4287.JPG IMG_4284.JPG
Last edited by Johnyboy2000 on January 2nd, 2018, 10:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Check my own beard journey here
goatee-beard-17-years-old-t55243.html
Quote
Like
Share

allmauth
Beard Friendly
allmauth
Beard Friendly
Joined: February 19th, 2017, 6:23 pm

October 11th, 2017, 11:00 am #2

Dude 1 week is nothing. Your beard has pretty good coverage already. You must grow it out for least 11-12 weeks to know it's true potential. And I personally believe that your beard will ROCK when it grows out.
You should know that as your grow out for more weeks some slow starters will start to come in and fill in the patches. Please give us pictures of the moustache and goatee too thanks.
Set your own goal for some weeks and keep updating us.

Welcome to the Board!!

Allmauth.

Sent from my SM-J710FN using Tapatalk

Quote
Like
Share

Johnyboy2000
Beard Elite
Johnyboy2000
Beard Elite
Joined: October 11th, 2017, 10:51 am

October 11th, 2017, 11:02 am #3

IMG_4287.JPG
allmauth wrote: Dude 1 week is nothing. Your beard has pretty good coverage already. You must grow it out for  least 11-12 weeks to know it's true potential. And I personally believe that your beard will ROCK when it grows out.
You should know that as your grow out for more weeks some slow starters will start to come in and fill in the patches. Please give us pictures of the moustache and goatee too thanks.
Set your own goal for some weeks and keep updating us.

Welcome to the Board!!

Allmauth.

Sent from my SM-J710FN using Tapatalk
Here is a picture I don't know why it is not posted
Check my own beard journey here
goatee-beard-17-years-old-t55243.html
Quote
Like
Share

Grimers
Beard Legend
Grimers
Beard Legend
Joined: March 15th, 2017, 11:23 am

October 11th, 2017, 11:45 am #4

Hey! You have stunning density and coverage in your stache and goatee area, especially for 1 week, but less so in the other areas. I agree with allmauth.
William Grimsley.

My beard journey!
Quote
Like
Share

Johnyboy2000
Beard Elite
Johnyboy2000
Beard Elite
Joined: October 11th, 2017, 10:51 am

October 11th, 2017, 11:52 am #5

Grimers wrote: Hey! You have stunning density and coverage in your stache and goatee area, especially for 1 week, but less so in the other areas. I agree with allmauth.
Thanks a lot.My father doesn't have much facial hair so I try my best to grow mine.Hope I grow some sideburns soon
Check my own beard journey here
goatee-beard-17-years-old-t55243.html
Quote
Like
Share

Pogonophile
Beard Wizard
Pogonophile
Beard Wizard
Joined: February 16th, 2011, 8:48 pm

October 11th, 2017, 11:57 am #6

Your 'stache is coming along great. The rest of your beard is going to do fine as well. You just need a little time. The truth is that even though you probably have been sprouting hair on your face for a few years you probably will grow a beard but it will take time. Initially you need three months but truthfully your beard will come much easier the older you get. Sometimes good beards happen in your twenties but thirty seems to be an age when beards come easier. You should start now but just know that at your age it may take a while.
Quote
Like
Share

Johnyboy2000
Beard Elite
Johnyboy2000
Beard Elite
Joined: October 11th, 2017, 10:51 am

October 11th, 2017, 12:01 pm #7

weekilter wrote: Your 'stache is coming along great. The rest of your beard is going to do fine as well. You just need a little time. The truth is that even though you probably have been sprouting hair on your face for a few years you probably will grow a beard but it will take time. Initially you need three months but truthfully your beard will come much easier the older you get. Sometimes good beards happen in your twenties but thirty seems to be an age when beards come easier. You should start now but just know that at your age it may take a while.
Thank you for the reply.Although I really want a great beard I know it takes a lot of time and I am patient.What I am am mostly worried about is my genes.My father can't grow much facial hair.But my grandfathers have full and thick beards.Is there any chance I can surpass my fathers facial hair ?Just to know I almost have more hair than he does
Check my own beard journey here
goatee-beard-17-years-old-t55243.html
Quote
Like
Share

allmauth
Beard Friendly
allmauth
Beard Friendly
Joined: February 19th, 2017, 6:23 pm

October 11th, 2017, 12:02 pm #8

Johnyboy2000 wrote:
weekilter wrote: Your 'stache is coming along great. The rest of your beard is going to do fine as well. You just need a little time. The truth is that even though you probably have been sprouting hair on your face for a few years you probably will grow a beard but it will take time. Initially you need three months but truthfully your beard will come much easier the older you get. Sometimes good beards happen in your twenties but thirty seems to be an age when beards come easier. You should start now but just know that at your age it may take a while.
Thank you for the reply.Although I really want a great beard I know it takes a lot of time and I am patient.What I am am mostly worried about is my genes.My father can't grow much facial hair.But my grandfathers have full and thick beards.Is there any chance I can surpass my fathers facial hair ?Just to know I almost have more hair than he does
You'll find that out only if you keep growing it out

Sent from my SM-J710FN using Tapatalk

Quote
Like
Share

Grimers
Beard Legend
Grimers
Beard Legend
Joined: March 15th, 2017, 11:23 am

October 11th, 2017, 12:04 pm #9

Agreed with weekilter and allmauth!
William Grimsley.

My beard journey!
Quote
Like
Share

Rumen
Beard Legend
Rumen
Beard Legend
Joined: October 25th, 2013, 9:23 pm

October 11th, 2017, 12:52 pm #10

That is some great coverage for you age. Grow it out and see what you get, your front is pretty epic for 1 week. Your sides will improve with time so don't worry. I think you will be suprised at how much your beard will improve over the coming years, so keep it going! Update every week or two and let it grow for a couple of months before you decide what to do with it.

All the best
Rumen
My beard journey

Useful links
Beard growing library - everything you need to know about growing a beard
Patchy success stories - motivation for those with patchy beards
Taming the wild stache - how to deal with a stache that is getting out of control
Quote
Like
Share

Johnyboy2000
Beard Elite
Johnyboy2000
Beard Elite
Joined: October 11th, 2017, 10:51 am

October 11th, 2017, 1:10 pm #11

rumenvalev wrote: That is some great coverage for you age. Grow it out and see what you get, your front is pretty epic for 1 week. Your sides will improve with time so don't worry. I think you will be suprised at how much your beard will improve over the coming years, so keep it going! Update every week or two and let it grow for a couple of months before you decide what to do with it.

All the best
Rumen
Thanks man I appreciate that.Hope it doesn't take many years to develope my dream beard.Do I update on the same post or I create a new one ?
Check my own beard journey here
goatee-beard-17-years-old-t55243.html
Quote
Like
Share

allmauth
Beard Friendly
allmauth
Beard Friendly
Joined: February 19th, 2017, 6:23 pm

October 11th, 2017, 1:11 pm #12

Johnyboy2000 wrote:
rumenvalev wrote: That is some great coverage for you age. Grow it out and see what you get, your front is pretty epic for 1 week. Your sides will improve with time so don't worry. I think you will be suprised at how much your beard will improve over the coming years, so keep it going! Update every week or two and let it grow for a couple of months before you decide what to do with it.

All the best
Rumen
Thanks man I appreciate that.Hope it doesn't take many years to develope my dream beard.Do I update on the same post or I create a new one ?
As per the rules you are permitted to post your updates in a single thread and not multiple threads. So keep us updated here mate

Sent from my SM-J710FN using Tapatalk

Quote
Like
Share

Rumen
Beard Legend
Rumen
Beard Legend
Joined: October 25th, 2013, 9:23 pm

October 11th, 2017, 1:25 pm #13

Johnyboy2000 wrote:
rumenvalev wrote: That is some great coverage for you age. Grow it out and see what you get, your front is pretty epic for 1 week. Your sides will improve with time so don't worry. I think you will be suprised at how much your beard will improve over the coming years, so keep it going! Update every week or two and let it grow for a couple of months before you decide what to do with it.

All the best
Rumen
Thanks man I appreciate that.Hope it doesn't take many years to develope my dream beard.Do I update on the same post or I create a new one ?
We don't know for sure, it might take a while, it might not. Best thing to do is accept it, nothing you can do can change that. If you choose to fixate on it and obsess I can say for certain you will be miserable and not happy with your beard. If you accept it and just take it as it comes you will always be happy. 

Keep updating on this thread, this is now your thread, you can share anything you want with us and as often as you'd like.
My beard journey

Useful links
Beard growing library - everything you need to know about growing a beard
Patchy success stories - motivation for those with patchy beards
Taming the wild stache - how to deal with a stache that is getting out of control
Quote
Like
Share

Johnyboy2000
Beard Elite
Johnyboy2000
Beard Elite
Joined: October 11th, 2017, 10:51 am

October 11th, 2017, 1:32 pm #14

rumenvalev wrote:
Johnyboy2000 wrote:
rumenvalev wrote: That is some great coverage for you age. Grow it out and see what you get, your front is pretty epic for 1 week. Your sides will improve with time so don't worry. I think you will be suprised at how much your beard will improve over the coming years, so keep it going! Update every week or two and let it grow for a couple of months before you decide what to do with it.

All the best
Rumen
Thanks man I appreciate that.Hope it doesn't take many years to develope my dream beard.Do I update on the same post or I create a new one ?
We don't know for sure, it might take a while, it might not. Best thing to do is accept it, nothing you can do can change that. If you choose to fixate on it and obsess I can say for certain you will be miserable and not happy with your beard. If you accept it and just take it as it comes you will always be happy. 

Keep updating on this thread, this is now your thread, you can share anything you want with us and as often as you'd like.

Sure thing I will update in like every two weeks or if I see some progress
Check my own beard journey here
goatee-beard-17-years-old-t55243.html
Quote
Like
Share

Johnyboy2000
Beard Elite
Johnyboy2000
Beard Elite
Joined: October 11th, 2017, 10:51 am

October 11th, 2017, 1:35 pm #15

allmauth wrote:
Johnyboy2000 wrote:
rumenvalev wrote: That is some great coverage for you age. Grow it out and see what you get, your front is pretty epic for 1 week. Your sides will improve with time so don't worry. I think you will be suprised at how much your beard will improve over the coming years, so keep it going! Update every week or two and let it grow for a couple of months before you decide what to do with it.



All the best
Rumen


Thanks man I appreciate that.Hope it doesn't take many years to develope my dream beard.Do I update on the same post or I create a new one ?
As per the rules you are permitted to post your updates in a single thread and not multiple threads. So keep us updated here mate

Sent from my SM-J710FN using Tapatalk
Should I reply to you or edit the post ?
Check my own beard journey here
goatee-beard-17-years-old-t55243.html
Quote
Like
Share

Rumen
Beard Legend
Rumen
Beard Legend
Joined: October 25th, 2013, 9:23 pm

October 11th, 2017, 1:38 pm #16

Just submit a new comment, only edit the first post if you need to change the title for a particular reason.
My beard journey

Useful links
Beard growing library - everything you need to know about growing a beard
Patchy success stories - motivation for those with patchy beards
Taming the wild stache - how to deal with a stache that is getting out of control
Quote
Like
Share

jasjes
Beard Zeus
jasjes
Beard Zeus
Joined: May 7th, 2012, 2:35 am

October 12th, 2017, 10:38 pm #17

Welcome to the board... your stache and soulpatch are extraordinary for any age... for 16 y/o, it is phenomenal😀... best I've ever seen.🙂

Let everything grow and let's see what you have to work with.  When you have such an eye catcher in the front as you have, people will not even get past that to see your sides.  That gives you license to grow everything without worrying about that coverage and then you will see what you have to work with.

Grow it all out and give updates every couple weeks.  Take your pictures straight on to the sides and front, with head level.
Library Central of Beard Growing... new beard growers check out Starting and Accepting sections

Beard Board Essentials Library... learn all about Rules, Posting, Pictures and much more

My personal beard journey - 5 years on Beard Board
Quote
Like
Share

Johnyboy2000
Beard Elite
Johnyboy2000
Beard Elite
Joined: October 11th, 2017, 10:51 am

October 17th, 2017, 12:15 pm #18

jasjes wrote: Welcome to the board... your stache and soulpatch are extraordinary for any age... for 16 y/o, it is phenomenal😀... best I've ever seen.🙂

Let everything grow and let's see what you have to work with.  When you have such an eye catcher in the front as you have, people will not even get past that to see your sides.  That gives you license to grow everything without worrying about that coverage and then you will see what you have to work with.

Grow it all out and give updates every couple weeks.  Take your pictures straight on to the sides and front, with head level.
That's great to hear thanks a lot.I am gonna update in the upcoming week.
Check my own beard journey here
goatee-beard-17-years-old-t55243.html
Quote
Like
Share

Johnyboy2000
Beard Elite
Johnyboy2000
Beard Elite
Joined: October 11th, 2017, 10:51 am

October 20th, 2017, 10:48 am #19

(Quick update) So I have not shaved or trimmed anything since last time.Does the hair looking good so far ?
IMG_4352.JPG
IMG_4351.JPG
IMG_4350.JPG
Check my own beard journey here
goatee-beard-17-years-old-t55243.html
Quote
Like
Share

Grimers
Beard Legend
Grimers
Beard Legend
Joined: March 15th, 2017, 11:23 am

October 20th, 2017, 10:59 am #20

Yes, especially in you stache, soulpatch and goatee area! They're just outstanding for any age! Keep it growing! Beard on, dude!
William Grimsley.

My beard journey!
Quote
Like
Share