Austin TX - "Come and Shave It" #12 - competition

The place to discuss about upcoming facial hair events, activities and any upcoming meeting plans.

Austin TX - "Come and Shave It" #12 - competition

PMKinFTW
Beard Titan
PMKinFTW
Beard Titan

February 22nd, 2018, 1:05 pm #1

The big Austin Facial Hair Club competition is this Saturday Feb 24. Is anyone else from the board going?

If you are interested in watching they will have the event streaming live on the Austin Facial Hair Club website starting at 2:00pm CST 
https://www.austinfacialhairclub.com/livestream  Look for me in the Groomed Beard Category!
"If you want to look like the people next door, you're probably smothering yourself and your dreams." ~ Clive Barker
My Journey
Taming the Wild Stache

My personal links - These will take you away from the board.
Camp Bowie Beard Co. / My Etsy Shop / Instagram

JCE
Beard Friendly
JCE
Beard Friendly

March 7th, 2018, 12:48 pm #2

Howdy @PMKinFTW  
I notice you have posted a few events in Austin. It's a pretty long haul for me to attend (living in Norway), but I travel to Austin (dripping springs) every summer, so if there's any events in July I might attend :)

Slybeard
Beard Titan
Slybeard
Beard Titan

March 7th, 2018, 2:01 pm #3

So what is up with the "Shave it" part of the title?  That is enough to keep me far away.

JCE
Beard Friendly
JCE
Beard Friendly

March 7th, 2018, 2:05 pm #4

Slybeard wrote: So what is up with the "Shave it" part of the title?  That is enough to keep me far away.
Hopefully they are not talking about beards? But I agree, strange choice of words.

PMKinFTW
Beard Titan
PMKinFTW
Beard Titan

March 7th, 2018, 3:14 pm #5

JCE wrote: Howdy @PMKinFTW  
I notice you have posted a few events in Austin. It's a pretty long haul for me to attend (living in Norway), but I travel to Austin (dripping springs) every summer, so if there's any events in July I might attend :)
I don't know of anything at this time, but check the Austin Facial Hair Club' website to see if they have anything going around the time that you would be there. They often have social events and club meetings.    I live about 3 hours driving time north of there.
https://www.austinfacialhairclub.com
"If you want to look like the people next door, you're probably smothering yourself and your dreams." ~ Clive Barker
My Journey
Taming the Wild Stache

PMKinFTW
Beard Titan
PMKinFTW
Beard Titan

March 7th, 2018, 3:22 pm #6

Slybeard wrote: So what is up with the "Shave it" part of the title?  That is enough to keep me far away.
It's play on the Texas slogan "Come and take it"  which goes back to the Texas revolution from Mexico.  It's a big part of the Texas history and it was a fighting challenge or dare, to the Mexican Army to come take a prized cannon.
My Journey
Taming the Wild Stache

Slybeard
Beard Titan
Slybeard
Beard Titan

March 7th, 2018, 3:36 pm #7

Now it makes sense.

cycleash
Beard Friendly
cycleash
Beard Friendly

May 18th, 2018, 9:04 pm #8

I still think the "Come and shave it" wasn't the best choice for the play on "Come and take it", I agree with Slybeard that would keep me away from the event. haha  maybe "Come and take first place" would have been a better title :)