Any bearded kettlebell lifters here?

poor nobleman
Beard Elite
poor nobleman
Beard Elite

March 12th, 2018, 5:25 pm #1

Currently I work out three times a week with kettlebells and own weight.

I do jerk, snatch, etc. with 16 kg and 24 kg, also do squats, push-ups, curls. I also include dumbbells.

Are there any bearded kettlebell lifters here besides me?

gato
Beard Titan
gato
Beard Titan

March 14th, 2018, 9:49 am #2

I use kettlebells as well in a couple of my workouts each week.  Same weights - 16&24kgs.  I add them into circuits that I do, including other body weight exercises, box jumps, ball slams and double unders.

Fun!

poor nobleman
Beard Elite
poor nobleman
Beard Elite

April 30th, 2018, 6:16 pm #3

Just was lifting some kettlebells and doing other exercises to this music.

Now some cardio and I'm done.

poor nobleman
Beard Elite
poor nobleman
Beard Elite

May 4th, 2018, 7:20 pm #4

Today was lifting these 16/24 kg kettlebells as well.

I can lift 24 kg kettlebell for 15 reps by one hand. How about you, Gato?

gato
Beard Titan
gato
Beard Titan

May 5th, 2018, 10:56 am #5

I suspect that you are considerably stronger than I am.  I could certainly 'clean' the 24kg bell 15 times (but it would be hard for me),  I would probably be able to do a clean and press once or twice - there's no way I would be able to do single arm snatches of a 24kg bell.  Snatches are a little more technical than most of the kb exercises that I do these days.  I use the 24kg bell more for two-handed push presses and swings.

poor nobleman
Beard Elite
poor nobleman
Beard Elite

May 5th, 2018, 3:33 pm #6

gato wrote: I suspect that you are considerably stronger than I am.  I could certainly 'clean' the 24kg bell 15 times (but it would be hard for me),  I would probably be able to do a clean and press once or twice - there's no way I would be able to do single arm snatches of a 24kg bell.  Snatches are a little more technical than most of the kb exercises that I do these days.  I use the 24kg bell more for two-handed push presses and swings.
I mostly do such classic kettlebell exercises as jerk and snatch.

According to your comments, you are pretty fit and endurant, and if I were you, I would try to add some muscle mass on top of it. So you would be stronger.

At the moment I don't have any good conditions to gain mass, but when I improve the conditions, I'm going to become at least twice more jacked.

poor nobleman
Beard Elite
poor nobleman
Beard Elite

May 5th, 2018, 5:37 pm #7

As it gets warmer, I was also going to local sportsground. I'm able to do 15 pull-ups at once.

Not that I bragged about it, but I think it's a fine result.

I know a guy who push-up 100 reps daily and pulls-up 30 reps. He did this for years, and when he came to the gym, he was able to bench press 100, 120 and even 140 kg (within a few months).

scsj
Beard Elite
scsj
Beard Elite

May 5th, 2018, 7:07 pm #8

I do more with dumbbells and barbells but I like incorporating some kettlebell and calisthenic movements once in a while too. I definitely notice fast changes in my overall strength when I do that kind of focused compound work.

poor nobleman
Beard Elite
poor nobleman
Beard Elite

June 4th, 2018, 7:18 pm #9

25 jerks and 18 snatches today. Will keep going.

By the way, tried pistol-squats and started to master one-arm push-ups.

poor nobleman
Beard Elite
poor nobleman
Beard Elite

June 6th, 2018, 9:35 pm #10

Hey guys. I thought of adding a small update. At the moment I'm eating cottage cheese (my favorite food before going to bed) and writing it.

Besides a good load with kettlebells (I was doing long cycle jerk), I also mastered pistol-squats and one-arm push-ups.

To be fair, on pistol-squats I put my hand on the wall just to maintain balance.

As for one-arm push-ups, I first put my other hand on the dumbbell and did uneven push-ups, and after a few sets I went to full-fledged one-arm push-ups.

So, I did something like this: push-ups, narrow push-ups, uneven push-ups, archer push-ups, one-arm push-ups. I was able to do 2-3 of the last.
Last edited by poor nobleman on June 6th, 2018, 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

poor nobleman
Beard Elite
poor nobleman
Beard Elite

June 6th, 2018, 9:39 pm #11

My next goal for push-ups is 15 strict one-arm push-ups.

BearCub85
Beard Newcomer
BearCub85
Beard Newcomer

July 5th, 2018, 10:15 am #12

Hey mate

I have a range of kettlebells at home that i use :)