60 yr old with some recent bearding experience (15 days growth)

For older men with little or no beard-growing experience, start your first beard journey (of any style) and ask questions here.

60 yr old with some recent bearding experience (15 days growth)

BlueSky
Beard Friendly
BlueSky
Beard Friendly

July 13th, 2018, 1:15 am #1

beard3.jpg
beard1A.jpg
beard2.jpg

BlueSky
Beard Friendly
BlueSky
Beard Friendly

July 13th, 2018, 1:21 am #2

As the title says, this is the 15 day mark. My old profile pic is from 3 yrs ago and that was at about 9 weeks. Comments are always greatly appreciated, but I'm posting this to document my beard journey and to motivate myself to stay with this through the fall. For any newcomers, I do think my beard is an example of some shape, fullness, and color changes that come with growth. Good to be back.

rodrigofs31
Beard Friendly
rodrigofs31
Beard Friendly

July 13th, 2018, 4:49 am #3

Hi. Great coverage for 2 weeks, your cheeks are fuller than mine, and I am at almost 6 weeks...

You definately are going to have one epic beard, that's for sure.

johnsow30
Beard Legend
johnsow30
Beard Legend

July 13th, 2018, 10:41 pm #4

You've got a great start there.  If I could offer one bit of advice it would be to lower the neckline.  The general recommendation is a finger or two's width above the adam's apple.  Just a suggestion, you could leave it as is for a shorter beard.  You can just let it creep down and set a new line in a couple weeks.  

Stevie t
Beard Jedi
Stevie t
Beard Jedi

July 14th, 2018, 9:45 pm #5

Welcome back sir.
In just two weeks you've already established a perfect base to grow your beard out once again.
Looking back at your previous thread & your Avatar it's plain to see you'll grow out the perfect beard with a moustache that is faultless in it's thickness that will be the icing on the cake, it will look awesome!
I would imagine you'll have your threads merged, if that's your choice & be moved to established given your past growth, not my decision to make, a Mod should get on the case!

Stevie

imaginary
Beard Legend
imaginary
Beard Legend

July 15th, 2018, 3:58 am #6

Looks like you’re off to a great start. As another person mentioned, I recommend lowering the neckline. There is no need to start over. The areas will end up blending in within time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Be yourself. There's no one who does it quite like you."
Kevin Max

Pandarocks
Beard Jedi
Pandarocks
Beard Jedi

July 15th, 2018, 12:53 pm #7

It is great to have another silver bearded gent join the crew here. I suspect you’ll have a very great beard in the weeks ahead with that fine coverage from ear to ear. Please do keep us posted with your growth in the weeks ahead. Looking good, bud.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BlueSky
Beard Friendly
BlueSky
Beard Friendly

July 20th, 2018, 5:51 pm #8

First, thanks everyone for the comments and encouragement. This is my 3 week update, the pics being from Wednesday. I'm pleased with the progress, but I'm at a point were some of the areas I'm less thrilled with on my beard are grabbing my attention and I don't much see the parts I like better. The front of my chin, below the soul patch, fills in a bit with time and the soul patch and added bulk of the beard makes that thin area moot, but now it's all I see. And my mustache and the hairs that are on the front of my chin are being quite adolescent right now, doing what they please with little regard for all the well behaved hairs around them. So this week and the next several weeks will be a small trial for all of us. 20180718_223233.jpg 20180718_221434.jpg 20180718_222848.jpg