18 years old, going for full beard.

For 19 and younger, start a personal journey thread and ask questions here.
Gabrielvs
Beard Friendly
Gabrielvs
Beard Friendly
Joined: October 5th, 2015, 1:49 am

December 4th, 2017, 4:40 pm #21

So... it's been a month, here's the update.

I think it's already time to visit the barber, I've been facing some difficulties to control it.





[+] spoiler
If I use the comb upwards, that's the actual length of it.

Quote
Like
Share

Grimers
Beard Legend
Grimers
Beard Legend
Joined: March 15th, 2017, 11:23 am

December 4th, 2017, 5:09 pm #22

Holy smokes dude, what an update! :O You have an awesome young man's full beard, that's incredibly dense and long! I can't believe you're 18, you look much, much older! Have you received any comments? How are you feeling about bearding this awesomely bearded? Keep growing and beard on, dude! This is crazy! :D
William Grimsley.

My beard journey!
Quote
Like
Share

Icarus
Beard Friendly
Icarus
Beard Friendly
Joined: December 1st, 2013, 8:46 pm

December 4th, 2017, 5:42 pm #23

Your beard really suits you and looks great! I couldn’t grow anything at all, not even peach fuzz at 18.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Quote
Like
Share

jasjes
Beard Zeus
jasjes
Beard Zeus
Joined: May 7th, 2012, 2:35 am

December 4th, 2017, 8:06 pm #24

Well it is poofing out on the sides, but I really like the length.  If you take off some of the side poof, you could round the front [goatee] just a bit.  What do you think?
Library Central of Beard Growing... new beard growers check out Starting and Accepting sections

Beard Board Essentials Library... learn all about Rules, Posting, Pictures and much more

My personal beard journey - 5 years on Beard Board
Quote
Like
Share

Gabrielvs
Beard Friendly
Gabrielvs
Beard Friendly
Joined: October 5th, 2015, 1:49 am

December 5th, 2017, 10:06 pm #25

I'm not sure yet what to do. Usually when I get a haircut it gets easier to decide.

I'll visit the barber this week so I have a few days to decide what to do. I'm between leaving it the actual length and just trim the sides or go back to the way it was in my profile picture.

Do you guys have any pictures of what kind of look I could get with the beard I'm able to grow?
Quote
Like
Share

Grimers
Beard Legend
Grimers
Beard Legend
Joined: March 15th, 2017, 11:23 am

December 6th, 2017, 5:46 pm #26

Are you sure about visiting the barber? You're best maintaining your beard yourself, as you're less likely to encounter problems then.
William Grimsley.

My beard journey!
Quote
Like
Share

Gabrielvs
Beard Friendly
Gabrielvs
Beard Friendly
Joined: October 5th, 2015, 1:49 am

December 6th, 2017, 7:09 pm #27

Grimers wrote: Are you sure about visiting the barber? You're best maintaining your beard yourself, as you're less likely to encounter problems then.
I don't have any experience with scissors, so I would make it worse.

Anyway, I got my haircut. I guess I'll try what @jasjes  said and ask the barber to round it and trim a bit the sides.

Quote
Like
Share

Gabrielvs
Beard Friendly
Gabrielvs
Beard Friendly
Joined: October 5th, 2015, 1:49 am

December 17th, 2017, 8:13 pm #28

As I said, I went to the barber last week. 

Quote
Like
Share

mattj
Beard Master
mattj
Beard Master
Joined: September 14th, 2017, 2:20 pm

December 17th, 2017, 8:18 pm #29

im new ti your journey but wow what a beard! thats truly something else. moustache is coming in better through the weeks, but your main highlight is your beard! it may just be me but did the barber do much to your beard, i cant see much of a difference ?
Matt

check out my beard journey! my-beard-journey-t54827.html
Quote
Like
Share

Grimers
Beard Legend
Grimers
Beard Legend
Joined: March 15th, 2017, 11:23 am

December 17th, 2017, 10:08 pm #30

Nice update, dude! Yeah, like Matt, I can't see much difference. Looking good, though.
William Grimsley.

My beard journey!
Quote
Like
Share

jasjes
Beard Zeus
jasjes
Beard Zeus
Joined: May 7th, 2012, 2:35 am

December 18th, 2017, 6:53 pm #31

I can see that the barber toned up the sides... I think it looks a lot better without all that major poof.

Step the camera back so we can see your entire face... then everyone will see the difference.
Library Central of Beard Growing... new beard growers check out Starting and Accepting sections

Beard Board Essentials Library... learn all about Rules, Posting, Pictures and much more

My personal beard journey - 5 years on Beard Board
Quote
Like
Share

libtchr
Beard Elite
libtchr
Beard Elite
Joined: November 20th, 2009, 4:13 pm

December 19th, 2017, 7:35 pm #32

Hard to believe that a 18 year-old guy can grow such a thick, full beard! Of course, it takes some time getting used to it, keeping it looking good, etc. Take your time! Before you know it, you'll be growing it a bit bigger...  and a bit bigger!

Dave
Quote
Like
Share

Gabrielvs
Beard Friendly
Gabrielvs
Beard Friendly
Joined: October 5th, 2015, 1:49 am

December 21st, 2017, 6:18 pm #33

mattj wrote: im new ti your journey but wow what a beard! thats truly something else. moustache is coming in better through the weeks, but your main highlight is your beard! it may just be me but did the barber do much to your beard, i cant see much of a difference ?
Can you see the difference now?
I even lost my glasses 😆
Quote
Like
Share

Grimers
Beard Legend
Grimers
Beard Legend
Joined: March 15th, 2017, 11:23 am

December 21st, 2017, 6:44 pm #34

Ah, yes. Thanks. Looking great!
William Grimsley.

My beard journey!
Quote
Like
Share

libtchr
Beard Elite
libtchr
Beard Elite
Joined: November 20th, 2009, 4:13 pm

December 21st, 2017, 7:11 pm #35

Thank you for posting side-by-side pics, now it's much easier to see the difference. Your barber did a good job shaping & trimming your beard. Getting rid of the poofiness on the sides gives your face & beard a nice lean & long look and really shows off your beard! This should make your beard a bit easier to maintain and let you continue to add additional length. (Sorry Mom, your son is going for a bigger beard! lol)
Dave
Quote
Like
Share

jasjes
Beard Zeus
jasjes
Beard Zeus
Joined: May 7th, 2012, 2:35 am

December 21st, 2017, 9:57 pm #36

That is what I call a well shaped semi-long beard.  He left bulk on the sides but removed the poof... now the sides really lay great.  He also rounded the front nicely to display the full length of your beard.  

Now it's your turn... which one do you like better and why?
Library Central of Beard Growing... new beard growers check out Starting and Accepting sections

Beard Board Essentials Library... learn all about Rules, Posting, Pictures and much more

My personal beard journey - 5 years on Beard Board
Quote
Like
Share

Ccarroyo37
Beard Newcomer
Ccarroyo37
Beard Newcomer
Joined: August 22nd, 2017, 7:12 pm

December 22nd, 2017, 3:41 am #37

Excelente tu barba.

En cuanto a tu acné puedes usar una crema de tepezcohuite la cual a mi me ayudo me la recomendo el dermatologo
Quote
Like
Share

johnnyg970
Beard Friendly
johnnyg970
Beard Friendly
Joined: August 2nd, 2013, 1:05 am

December 22nd, 2017, 5:36 am #38

Gabrielvs wrote: Hey, It's been a while since I last posted in this board. Last time I posted here I was 16 years old...
Now I have more confidence to keep growing my beard.
What I am doing these days is letting it grow for something like 1 month or a bit more and then asking my barber to trim it.

Last time I visted my barber was 15 days ago, that's my current status:

Recently I've been thinking on buying some balm to hold down those stubborn hairs. What do you guys think of this idea? If it works, It would help me to grow it more. I don't usually let it grow for more than one month without trimming it because these rebel hairs make look like a homeless. If I could control it, I would feel more comfortable growing it longer. 

In general, what do you guys think of my beard?
[+] spoiler
If you want to see how my beard looked like, here's the link of my last post:
16-years-old-going-for-fullbeard-t42703.html
You have some impressive growth for someone your age. I think your best bet will be to let it grow out another 2-3 months, and if the hairs start getting unruly, invest in some beard balm. I use beard oil, myself. Without it, my beard looks ridiculous. It’s too thick and wiry, and it grows in weird directions.
Quote
Like
Share

johnnyg970
Beard Friendly
johnnyg970
Beard Friendly
Joined: August 2nd, 2013, 1:05 am

December 22nd, 2017, 5:39 am #39

Just push past the awkward stages and let that thing grow.
Quote
Like
Share

Gabrielvs
Beard Friendly
Gabrielvs
Beard Friendly
Joined: October 5th, 2015, 1:49 am

December 22nd, 2017, 3:41 pm #40

johnnyg970 wrote:
Gabrielvs wrote: Hey, It's been a while since I last posted in this board. Last time I posted here I was 16 years old...
Now I have more confidence to keep growing my beard.
What I am doing these days is letting it grow for something like 1 month or a bit more and then asking my barber to trim it.

Last time I visted my barber was 15 days ago, that's my current status:

Recently I've been thinking on buying some balm to hold down those stubborn hairs. What do you guys think of this idea? If it works, It would help me to grow it more. I don't usually let it grow for more than one month without trimming it because these rebel hairs make look like a homeless. If I could control it, I would feel more comfortable growing it longer. 

In general, what do you guys think of my beard?
[+] spoiler
If you want to see how my beard looked like, here's the link of my last post:
16-years-old-going-for-fullbeard-t42703.html
You have some impressive growth for someone your age. I think your best bet will be to let it grow out another 2-3 months, and if the hairs start getting unruly, invest in some beard balm. I use beard oil, myself. Without it, my beard looks ridiculous. It’s too thick and wiry, and it grows in weird directions.
I bought a beard balm but I must confess that I don't use it as often as I should. (I'm very lazy. Spread it on my hand, putting it on my beard, washing hands later... 🙄)
I use it once a week, when I truly want to look great 😄
Quote
Like
Share