16 yo, 2nd beard attempt, post 25... should I grow it out?

For 19 and younger, start a personal journey thread and ask questions here.
Grimers
Beard Legend
Grimers
Beard Legend
Joined: 15 Mar 2017, 11:23

13 Oct 2017, 18:09 #21

Same here!
William Grimsley.

My beard journey!
Reply
Like

jasjes
Beard Zeus
jasjes
Beard Zeus
Joined: 07 May 2012, 02:35

14 Oct 2017, 17:35 #22

Your beard is right on schedule... already becoming kind of heavy  in the sideburns and showing a lot of younger hairs along the jaw and in the stache.  This is the time when you may get some doubt about your potential but after you get past month 1,  your coverage should start to even out a bit and your brain should pick up signals to beard on.  Anything new from the g/f?  or if you will go to the dance with your new beard?

Keep the updates coming and we want to hear how you feel about progress on these updates.
Library Central of Beard Growing... new beard growers check out Starting and Accepting sections

Beard Board Essentials Library... learn all about Rules, Posting, Pictures and much more

My personal beard journey - 5 years on Beard Board
Reply
Like

What’s_up207
Beard Friendly
What’s_up207
Beard Friendly
Joined: 08 Oct 2017, 00:43

14 Oct 2017, 18:51 #23

jasjes wrote: Your beard is right on schedule... already becoming kind of heavy  in the sideburns and showing a lot of younger hairs along the jaw and in the stache.  This is the time when you may get some doubt about your potential but after you get past month 1,  your coverage should start to even out a bit and your brain should pick up signals to beard on.  Anything new from the g/f?  or if you will go to the dance with your new beard?

Keep the updates coming and we want to hear how you feel about progress on these updates.
Thank you for the feedback, I have talked to my girlfriend and she said she’s starting to move past her disliking of facial hair and I am not quite sure if I’m going to shave for the dance as what I have now might make me appear a bit unkempt. I will admit you are correct regarding the doubts as I have a few of them, but I still plan to grow my beard for at least a month and preferably more, if not this attempt, I will start again the day after the dance.
Reply
Like

jasjes
Beard Zeus
jasjes
Beard Zeus
Joined: 07 May 2012, 02:35

16 Oct 2017, 12:05 #24

What’s_up207 wrote:
jasjes wrote: Your beard is right on schedule... already becoming kind of heavy  in the sideburns and showing a lot of younger hairs along the jaw and in the stache.  This is the time when you may get some doubt about your potential but after you get past month 1,  your coverage should start to even out a bit and your brain should pick up signals to beard on.  Anything new from the g/f?  or if you will go to the dance with your new beard?

Keep the updates coming and we want to hear how you feel about progress on these updates.
Thank you for the feedback, I have talked to my girlfriend and she said she’s starting to move past her disliking of facial hair and I am not quite sure if I’m going to shave for the dance as what I have now might make me appear a bit unkempt. I will admit you are correct regarding the doubts as I have a few of them, but I still plan to grow my beard for at least a month and preferably more, if not this attempt, I will start again the day after the dance.
If you decide to shave for the dance [I don't advise it], tell your g/f beforehand that you are doing this because it may be a bit too messy at this stage.  Tell her you fully intend to resume your journey after the dance and grow it for 3-4 months to see what you have.  Then you will decide what to do next.  Make sure she understands you are not doing this for her... otherwise, you will be shaving for future events whenever SHE wants it.

I realize you may not be quite at this stage yet, but the facts are that men want their women to look beautiful and sexy so there is no reason for the man not to also look manly and mature with a beard... it is the way we were born to look.
Library Central of Beard Growing... new beard growers check out Starting and Accepting sections

Beard Board Essentials Library... learn all about Rules, Posting, Pictures and much more

My personal beard journey - 5 years on Beard Board
Reply
Like

What’s_up207
Beard Friendly
What’s_up207
Beard Friendly
Joined: 08 Oct 2017, 00:43

28 Oct 2017, 16:34 #25

So it’s a week after the dance(I decided to shave for it), but I am back for round 2. My girlfriend is no longer an issue, I have nothing coming up and I’m ready to start again and let it go for a while. Please let me know what you think of my potential, and any tips on growing it out
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Reply
Like

Grimers
Beard Legend
Grimers
Beard Legend
Joined: 15 Mar 2017, 11:23

28 Oct 2017, 17:15 #26

Welcome back! Have you been growing out everything for the same amount of time? You have a nice young man's full beard in development! Your sideburns are especially good, they're definitely the strong point of your beard growth! Keep growing and beard on, dude!
William Grimsley.

My beard journey!
Reply
Like

Woodman55
Beard Jedi
Woodman55
Beard Jedi
Joined: 23 Nov 2015, 19:03

28 Oct 2017, 18:07 #27

Welcom
You have a great beard future just keep growing, stay patient and enjoy being on the beard train!
Woody


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Woody's Journey
Skin issues..try this

Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens...
-Jimi Hendrix
Reply
Like

What’s_up207
Beard Friendly
What’s_up207
Beard Friendly
Joined: 08 Oct 2017, 00:43

28 Oct 2017, 18:39 #28

Grimers wrote: Welcome back! Have you been growing out everything for the same amount of time? You have a nice young man's full beard in development! Your sideburns are especially good, they're definitely the strong point of your beard growth! Keep growing and beard on, dude!
Yes I haven’t even touched a razor for a week
Reply
Like

Grimers
Beard Legend
Grimers
Beard Legend
Joined: 15 Mar 2017, 11:23

28 Oct 2017, 19:09 #29

Not bad for a week! ;)
William Grimsley.

My beard journey!
Reply
Like

What’s_up207
Beard Friendly
What’s_up207
Beard Friendly
Joined: 08 Oct 2017, 00:43

29 Oct 2017, 16:50 #30

Grimers wrote: Not bad for a week! ;)
Quick question, are the pictures cut off for everyone or just me?
Reply
Like

Grimers
Beard Legend
Grimers
Beard Legend
Joined: 15 Mar 2017, 11:23

29 Oct 2017, 17:07 #31

Yes, there are sometimes issues with photos, if you post them from ibb.co. Try uploading to and posting your photos from imgur.com.
William Grimsley.

My beard journey!
Reply
Like

jasjes
Beard Zeus
jasjes
Beard Zeus
Joined: 07 May 2012, 02:35

30 Oct 2017, 18:08 #32

You are back where you were before... becoming nicely bearded as a very young teen... sideburns already maturing fast... other parts of the beard coming along nicely.  I think if you let this beard grow for 3-4 months, you are going to have something good so show.  You are going to look a few years older... possibly even more, depending on coverage.

Question... did shaving for the dance and now regrowing your beard change any thoughts about having a beard?  Sometimes guys feel their beard is somehow not strong enough to show or that they will be the only one amongst peers with a beard or that they are not ready to become bearded.  The restart of a journey sometimes has an impact on those thoughts and I'm wondering about your thoughts?

Now you are free to grow and with updates coming every 2 weeks, I'm betting beard success for you.  Your g/f may not be as ready for you to become bearded as you seem to be now... but that is likely to change with time.  Enjoy your journey

Moderator's note: I merged your threads... please put updates in this thread as it's important to see the progress you are making.
Library Central of Beard Growing... new beard growers check out Starting and Accepting sections

Beard Board Essentials Library... learn all about Rules, Posting, Pictures and much more

My personal beard journey - 5 years on Beard Board
Reply
Like

What’s_up207
Beard Friendly
What’s_up207
Beard Friendly
Joined: 08 Oct 2017, 00:43

30 Oct 2017, 18:51 #33

jasjes wrote: You are back where you were before... becoming nicely bearded as a very young teen... sideburns already maturing fast... other parts of the beard coming along nicely.  I think if you let this beard grow for 3-4 months, you are going to have something good so show.  You are going to look a few years older... possibly even more, depending on coverage.

Question... did shaving for the dance and now regrowing your beard change any thoughts about having a beard?  Sometimes guys feel their beard is somehow not strong enough to show or that they will be the only one amongst peers with a beard or that they are not ready to become bearded.  The restart of a journey sometimes has an impact on those thoughts and I'm wondering about your thoughts?

Now you are free to grow and with updates coming every 2 weeks, I'm betting beard success for you.  Your g/f may not be as ready for you to become bearded as you seem to be now... but that is likely to change with time.  Enjoy your journey

Moderator's note: I merged your threads... please put updates in this thread as it's important to see the progress you are making.
Well after shaving and starting to grow again I feel even better than last time, I have nothing interfering with the process and am free to do as I want. I haven’t gotten any negative comments l, only positive comments so I plan to grow for the full 3-4 months
Reply
Like

Grimers
Beard Legend
Grimers
Beard Legend
Joined: 15 Mar 2017, 11:23

30 Oct 2017, 19:05 #34

That sounds great! Just checking, have you kept the 1 week growth?
William Grimsley.

My beard journey!
Reply
Like

Grimers
Beard Legend
Grimers
Beard Legend
Joined: 15 Mar 2017, 11:23

30 Oct 2017, 19:14 #35

Ah, yes that's what I meant. It sounded like you may have, so just wanted to check. Well, keep growing and beard on! It's looking great, dude! :D
William Grimsley.

My beard journey!
Reply
Like

What’s_up207
Beard Friendly
What’s_up207
Beard Friendly
Joined: 08 Oct 2017, 00:43

30 Oct 2017, 19:15 #36

Grimers wrote: Ah, yes that's what I meant. It sounded like you may have, so just wanted to check. Well, keep growing and beard on! It's looking great, dude! :D
Yeah haha sorry for the confusion, I meant when I shaved before the dance, and thank ya!
Reply
Like

SSandy
Beard Friendly
SSandy
Beard Friendly
Joined: 27 Mar 2017, 13:32

01 Nov 2017, 13:14 #37

Looking good brother. You have a better coverage than me I believe. Grow it without shaving or trimming for about 2-3 months.
Reply
Like

What’s_up207
Beard Friendly
What’s_up207
Beard Friendly
Joined: 08 Oct 2017, 00:43

03 Nov 2017, 13:47 #38

Hey, it’s been about a week since my last post so 2 weeks of growth so here’s my update
BCB02873-CFE3-4A32-A51F-276B6947252C.jpeg
FE353B30-AD52-4605-B624-4A49FBD76252.jpeg
9D07C96A-4CFB-48E0-A1AF-838413563ED4.jpeg
01668C11-A309-4795-9FF9-E2081BC0E10D.jpeg
0F2462E8-2865-450F-A8E1-7F7AA94E2BA3.jpeg
Reply
Like

Grimers
Beard Legend
Grimers
Beard Legend
Joined: 15 Mar 2017, 11:23

03 Nov 2017, 15:22 #39

You have incredible coverage and density for a 15 year old, especially in your sideburns! Agreed with Sandy, grow it all out for the recommended 13 weeks. I reckon you'll be sporting an awesome young man's full beard or adult's full beard, by then! So, keep growing and beard on, dude! :D
William Grimsley.

My beard journey!
Reply
Like

What’s_up207
Beard Friendly
What’s_up207
Beard Friendly
Joined: 08 Oct 2017, 00:43

04 Nov 2017, 15:17 #40

Grimers wrote: You have incredible coverage and density for a 15 year old, especially in your sideburns! Agreed with Sandy, grow it all out for the recommended 13 weeks. I reckon you'll be sporting an awesome young man's full beard or adult's full beard, by then! So, keep growing and beard on, dude! :D
Thank you very much, I will say I have some doubts but I’m going to keep growing nonetheless.
Reply
Like