Diamonds are Forever Car on Ebay

todd
todd

2:35 AM - Aug 25, 2008 #1

saw this on Ebay. got 100,000? pretty cool.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Tru ... 06.c0.m245

2:17 PM - Sep 01, 2008 #2

Wow, closed and not one single bid....

Craig
Craig

8:59 PM - Sep 01, 2008 #3

There weren't bids on the car because it isn't the DRF car. The Ian Flemming Foundation bought the real Diamonds Are Forever car about 4 years ago. It is in CA in a warehouse waiting for restoration.

This one is just a red on red J code Mach I.

Craig

12:07 PM - Sep 02, 2008 #4

Last edited by Hemikiller on 12:09 PM - Sep 02, 2008, edited 1 time in total.

kirt fryer
kirt fryer

9:42 PM - Sep 02, 2008 #5

There weren't bids on the car because it isn't the DRF car. The Ian Flemming Foundation bought the real Diamonds Are Forever car about 4 years ago. It is in CA in a warehouse waiting for restoration.

This one is just a red on red J code Mach I.

Craig
i understood they bought several cars for the "shoot". just as they have done in most shoots involving chase scenes. i was told craig had some info on this car.could you please share it. my cell is 918 645 4543. kirt

Anonymous
Anonymous

4:35 AM - Sep 03, 2008 #6

I believe this car went through Barrett Jackson a few years ago and it got up to 23 or 24 K.I also believe he has docs saying it was delievered to vegas for the movie. Im sure there was more then one 429 car sold for the movie.The problem is he will never get 100 k for this car.I traded emails with him a year or two ago and he wanted 100 k then.You would have to be a huge Bond fan with more money then brains to pay that.It would be cool to own though...

Mitch
Mitch

2:43 PM - Sep 03, 2008 #7

At least 4 cars were 302. 1 M Code, and 1 429CJ car - All of the 302 Cas were wrecked attempting to film the alley scene, the M Code was used at a latter date to finish the scene - hence the magical switch from the right wheels to the left wheels in the alley.

The 302 cars due to the damage were all scrapped.
the 351 went to Joey Chitwood and finally the Ian Flemming Foundation.
And of course the debate continues on the 429CJ car

What is interesting is the the owner of one of the 3 428CJ XR7 Conv that were built for On Her Majestys Secret Service published his Factory invoice in the Cougar Club Newsletter. The invoice actually lists "302-R-427 BOND MOVIE SPCL. DLR. ACCT. ADJ. CR." The credit was 22.49 The car was shipped to the Los Angeles Assembly Plant, Box 101, Pico Rivera CA

From watching the movie that FOMOCO provided at least 2 dozen cars for key scenes. Ranging from Lincoln, T-Bird, Ford Van, numberous Galaxies and LTD's Police cars etc. I would suspect if they invoiced 3 Cougars to list the bond movie in 69 that with all of the cars provided for DAF that these cars including the 71 mustangs would have had similar invoicing, and if so it would be easy to document that it is indeed a true DAF car!

My 2 bits!

5:38 PM - Sep 03, 2008 #8

Mitch, then all it would take is the VIN from this particular car and a call to Kevin Marti. He should then be able to verify the history of the car in question.

11:20 PM - Sep 03, 2008 #9

At least 4 cars were 302. 1 M Code, and 1 429CJ car - All of the 302 Cas were wrecked attempting to film the alley scene, the M Code was used at a latter date to finish the scene - hence the magical switch from the right wheels to the left wheels in the alley.

The 302 cars due to the damage were all scrapped.
the 351 went to Joey Chitwood and finally the Ian Flemming Foundation.
And of course the debate continues on the 429CJ car

What is interesting is the the owner of one of the 3 428CJ XR7 Conv that were built for On Her Majestys Secret Service published his Factory invoice in the Cougar Club Newsletter. The invoice actually lists "302-R-427 BOND MOVIE SPCL. DLR. ACCT. ADJ. CR." The credit was 22.49 The car was shipped to the Los Angeles Assembly Plant, Box 101, Pico Rivera CA

From watching the movie that FOMOCO provided at least 2 dozen cars for key scenes. Ranging from Lincoln, T-Bird, Ford Van, numberous Galaxies and LTD's Police cars etc. I would suspect if they invoiced 3 Cougars to list the bond movie in 69 that with all of the cars provided for DAF that these cars including the 71 mustangs would have had similar invoicing, and if so it would be easy to document that it is indeed a true DAF car!

My 2 bits!
I’ve bit my tongue long enough on this subject and will post only the facts as I know them.

I owned 00066 which I then sold to Craig; Craig then sold it to the Ian Fleming Foundation. I never once saw any documentation supporting either one of these cars as being the Diamonds are Forever 429 car....be it the one that was just on Ebay, last owned as far as I knew by Mike Alameda in San Jose CA. or the one Craig sold to the Ian Fleming foundation.

I do have correspondence from Lois Eminger that questions the Mike Alameda car and discounts the Ian Fleming car.

I also have correspondence from Kevin Marti regarding the 00066 Ian Fleming foundation car that further discounts it.

Stay tuned as I will scan these docs in later this evening and post. You will then be able to draw your own conclusions.

Regards,
Mike McKeever.
ps I hope your not on dial up as it's quite a bit of documentation.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Last edited by SnakeOnWheels on 2:03 AM - Sep 04, 2008, edited 1 time in total.

kirt Fryer
kirt Fryer

2:46 AM - Sep 04, 2008 #10

your post is greatly appreciated,especially the letter from eminger.the hand written ledgers on the early vins was most interesting. i have 00028 and suspected it was one of the first scj's.alameda sent me a copy of marti's report and it states that his car was a DAF car. i wonder what marti has or has he not read the eminger letter.it did not show as a" stripe delete"on the marti and i don't see a sportsroof in the movie scenes as eminger states but a stripe delete mach1.thanks again for those attachments