Moderator: Daimyo

The day after Ikedaya by Yagi Tamesaburo.

Wicked L
Ashigaru
Ashigaru
Wicked L
Ashigaru
Ashigaru

May 24th, 2018, 4:37 pm #1

Its amazing the stuff you find on these Shinsengumi anime forums and blogs .

I was actually researching the room where Serizawa was killed, while i would not say haunted, its funny that no one stayed in the Yagi residence for long, after the Yagyi family left in the Meiji Era .

I came across this translation of memoirs of Yagi Tamesaburo, the youngest Yagi child, who was 12 years old at the time of Ikedaya. He describes the day after, most notable is the debunking of Okita, coughing up blood during the fight.

https://tokio-fujita.livejournal.com/35373.html

Last edited by Wicked L on May 24th, 2018, 4:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kitsuno
Izu no kami
Izu no kami
kitsuno
Izu no kami
Izu no kami

June 9th, 2018, 7:32 am #2

I visited the Yagi residence around 2007 or so. It was super interesting, but I have to wonder how legitimate it all is. I mean, there are sword cuts on the wall supposedly from that night. I can imagine the home owner hacking it with a knife to "replicate" it. I wonder if it is actually legit.

Wicked L
Ashigaru
Ashigaru
Wicked L
Ashigaru
Ashigaru

June 28th, 2018, 3:37 am #3

Romulous claim's its legit, allegedly after the Yagyi family left in the Meiji era, the new owners had trouble renting out the place. After WW2, they had a Shinto priest do a cleansing .Finally despairing of frequent flyer tenants, they decided to cash in on the then new Shinsengumi boom, as films rolled off the assembly line, and turned it into a tourist attraction .

Allegedly the murder room, always remained empty, since the night Serizawa and Oume met their end, the Miyagi residence next door, also had similar problems atmospheric problems, Yamamani, the bookkeeper who lost money, several spies and deserters all met their end in that house .