Support the forum and podcast on Patreon

kitsuno
Izu no kami
Izu no kami
kitsuno
Izu no kami
Izu no kami

March 19th, 2017, 5:08 am #1

I've set up a Patreon page for the podcast and forum. The basic concept is that you sign up, and donate $1, $2, or $5 per podcast episode, and depending on which tier, you get some "kickbacks". It's and easy and cheap way to support the costs of the website and podcast, and you only pay out when a new podcast episode is released. So if you're a poor grad student like me, for example, a 1$ pledge is probably going to cost you under $10 per year based on my current release schedule. Anyway, please check out the link, and please consider subscribing.

https://www.patreon.com/samuraiarchives

Last edited by kitsuno on March 24th, 2017, 4:47 pm, edited 5 times in total.

kitsuno
Izu no kami
Izu no kami
kitsuno
Izu no kami
Izu no kami

March 24th, 2017, 1:13 pm #2

I have added a couple new tiers since I first posted this that adds some new perks, and more will probably be forthcoming, so feel free to check it out at the link above.

Thanks!

kitsuno
Izu no kami
Izu no kami
kitsuno
Izu no kami
Izu no kami

April 1st, 2017, 7:11 am #3

Still adding tiers for little bonuses - we're at the start of a new month so please consider donating 1$ a podcast episode (probably less than $10 a year) to support the forum, website, and podcast. Thanks to those who have already signed up. It's greatly appreciated! https://www.patreon.com/samuraiarchives
I'll continue to gladly pay out of pocket for all of the Samurai Archives universe as necessary, but every little bit helps me out.
Last edited by kitsuno on April 1st, 2017, 7:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

kitsuno
Izu no kami
Izu no kami
kitsuno
Izu no kami
Izu no kami

June 23rd, 2017, 12:32 am #4

Finally only a mere few dollars away from the goal of having the podcast fees paid each month, so if there is anyone out there willing and able to support the podcast, even a buck an episode helps me out (and also goes towards the next rounds of goals that help pay for web hosting for the Samurai Archives website, this forum, the blog, and various other things I do to expand the S-A universe - I'm not spending this on the proverbial coke and hookers :)) ). Again, as always I really appreciate the help I've gotten so far, so check out the Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/samuraiarchives

It sort of follows the kickstarter model where you get bonuses depending on your contribution tier, such as 48 hour early access to new episodes, podcast updates, etc. I'm still thinking up ideas to add, so another option to help me out without contributing cash would be to give me some ideas for what I could make available for tiers. Also, a 5 star review on iTunes also helps a ton, and is totally free for you to do ;)

Heck, if you think you could make a meaningful and interesting contribution to an actual podcast episode, that's awesome too. PM me.
Last edited by kitsuno on June 23rd, 2017, 12:41 am, edited 5 times in total.

kitsuno
Izu no kami
Izu no kami
kitsuno
Izu no kami
Izu no kami

July 20th, 2017, 9:37 pm #5

Things are going good on Patreon, many thanks to the supporters. Now the podcast is officially funded by the listeners, which helps out a ton. Now on to the next financial goal!