Moderator: Daimyo

kitsuno
Izu no kami
Izu no kami
kitsuno
Izu no kami
Izu no kami

July 25th, 2018, 3:43 am #76

Here's episode 144 The Top Ten Samurai Films of All Time (Part 1), also available on iTunes:

Thanks again to Maikeruart and Wicked L

Last edited by kitsuno on July 25th, 2018, 3:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

kitsuno
Izu no kami
Izu no kami
kitsuno
Izu no kami
Izu no kami

August 26th, 2018, 12:13 am #77

Episode 145 is now available to Patrons, and will be released on iTunes on Monday. It wraps up our top 5 Samurai films of all time, and includes the listener top five polled from FB and twitter.

kitsuno
Izu no kami
Izu no kami
kitsuno
Izu no kami
Izu no kami

August 27th, 2018, 8:17 pm #78

Here's part 2, our top five, along with the listener top five. Did we miss anything?

Last edited by kitsuno on August 27th, 2018, 8:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tatsunoshi
Tea Master
Tea Master
Tatsunoshi
Tea Master
Tea Master

August 28th, 2018, 5:56 am #79

Lemon's never heard of Shinji Higuchi? The single most famous director of special effects in Japan? Scion of the Heisei Gamera trilogy and the multi-award winning smash hit Shin Godzilla (with his pal Anno)? Return of Godzilla? Lorelei? Gunbuster? Submersion of Japan? Attack On Titan? Neon Genesis Evangelion and the reboots? Kill La Kill? Giant God Warrior Appears In Tokyo? The Gooch is a legend. I'd insist Lemon turn in his J-Horror card except that he knows ten times more about this stuff than I do ;)

kitsuno
Izu no kami
Izu no kami
kitsuno
Izu no kami
Izu no kami

August 28th, 2018, 6:46 am #80

Giant God Warrior Appears In Tokyo sounds like a winner :lulz:

Tatsunoshi
Tea Master
Tea Master
Tatsunoshi
Tea Master
Tea Master

August 28th, 2018, 7:33 am #81

It kinda is-produced by Studio Ghibli, it's an offshoot of the classic Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind.

https://player.vimeo.com/video/64987176
Last edited by Tatsunoshi on August 28th, 2018, 7:40 am, edited 7 times in total.

Wicked L
Ashigaru
Ashigaru
Wicked L
Ashigaru
Ashigaru

September 9th, 2018, 10:08 pm #82

Tatsunoshi wrote: Lemon's never heard of Shinji Higuchi? The single most famous director of special effects in Japan? Scion of the Heisei Gamera trilogy and the multi-award winning smash hit Shin Godzilla (with his pal Anno)? Return of Godzilla? Lorelei? Gunbuster? Submersion of Japan? Attack On Titan? Neon Genesis Evangelion and the reboots? Kill La Kill? Giant God Warrior Appears In Tokyo? The Gooch is a legend. I'd insist Lemon turn in his J-Horror card except that he knows ten times more about this stuff than I do ;)
Must admit im not that big on Kaiju or anime , and i am trying on both these, so there is hope .Kaidan however is my love, just like a date with Oiwa.