Moderator: Daimyo

Ghost of Tsushima (Game)

chingwa
Priest
Priest

October 30th, 2017, 8:37 pm #1

Just announced today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUz539AeC5Y

Looks like it could be an interesting action open-world game, perhaps with a serious-ish plot that looks historically inspired. (I am so sick of Anime ninja superheroes!). It also looks like the plot might involve some sort of tired supernatural element... like the old Samurai dies and becomes avenging ninja spirit demon shtick... who knows... but looks very promising so far.

Too bad it's Playstation only... no love for us PC Gamers out there. :(
Last edited by chingwa on October 30th, 2017, 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kitsuno
Izu no kami
Izu no kami
kitsuno
Izu no kami
Izu no kami

October 30th, 2017, 8:54 pm #2

I wonder if the gameplay is like Shadow of Mordor. Seems like it would be a good fit.

nomind
Artisan
Artisan
nomind
Artisan
Artisan

November 4th, 2017, 8:49 pm #3

Pumped for this. I love Nioh and am excited to get more samurai games to play! I hope it feels like 13th century japanese though and not western-ish as it is developed by a western studio.

shiranuisen
Peasant
Peasant

December 6th, 2017, 3:32 am #4

Impressive. I love the gameplay graphics.

Hiryuken
Peasant
Peasant
Hiryuken
Peasant
Peasant

December 6th, 2017, 10:34 pm #5

So incredibly hyped for this game. That trailer might be the best trailer I have ever seen for anything, let alone what looks to be possibly my dream game (a AAA take on Tenchu formula).

Between Nioh and now this, it's a great time for Japan-related video games!

kitsuno
Izu no kami
Izu no kami
kitsuno
Izu no kami
Izu no kami

December 8th, 2017, 7:08 pm #6

Looks like there's a little more info. It's Samurai vs. Mongols: https://gamerant.com/ghost-of-tsushima-main-character/

chingwa
Priest
Priest

June 12th, 2018, 3:32 pm #7

More info now from E3, including gameplay footage (though obviously managed for marketing purposes):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhqTNAlErQc

It looks pretty interesting I gotta say, showing combat between lone samurai and mongol invaders. Everything I saw in the video feels authentic enough, though certainly highly stylized. Little nitpicks are rampant but don't really bother me too much (yet)... like using Katana instead of Tachi... magical ninja grappling hook useage... etc.

Of course samurai swords pass through mongol "plate" armor like butter, but that's too be expected from a video game :D I would love to see a samurai wielding a badass Tachi only to see it break when trying to slice through armor :D

Would also love to see the option in this game to have Japanese language dialogue with English subtitles. Since I only have PC I'm not getting that hyped for this, but I AM excited to see a game with a more historical Japanese setting.

tercero
Peasant
Peasant
tercero
Peasant
Peasant

June 12th, 2018, 9:02 pm #8

chingwa wrote:More info now from E3, including gameplay footage (though obviously managed for marketing purposes):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhqTNAlErQc

It looks pretty interesting I gotta say, showing combat between lone samurai and mongol invaders. Everything I saw in the video feels authentic enough, though certainly highly stylized. Little nitpicks are rampant but don't really bother me too much (yet)... like using Katana instead of Tachi... magical ninja grappling hook useage... etc.

Of course samurai swords pass through mongol "plate" armor like butter, but that's too be expected from a video game :D I would love to see a samurai wielding a badass Tachi only to see it break when trying to slice through armor :D

Would also love to see the option in this game to have Japanese language dialogue with English subtitles. Since I only have PC I'm not getting that hyped for this, but I AM excited to see a game with a more historical Japanese setting.
Definitely agree with your sentiment chingwa. The game looks gorgeous visually, and great to see an open world action samurai game that looks ground itself in history to some degree.

Also I was just watching an interview with one of the developers of the game and he said that the game will include an option for Japanese language with English subtitles. Ill hunt down a link and post.