Free Access to JSTOR Academic articles

ltdomer98
Izumi no kami
Izumi no kami
ltdomer98
Izumi no kami
Izumi no kami

4:10 PM - Jan 21, 2018 #1

I don't know if this has ever been posted here, but one of the advantages of having a librarian spouse is you find cool nuggets like this.

JSTOR offers access to around 80% of its inventory of academic articles for free, with a sign up for a MyJSTOR account. There is a three-year wall, so you can't see anything published in the last 3 years, but supposedly everything before that from 80% of the journals accessible through JSTOR are fair game.

DETAILS ON HOW TO SIGN UP ARE HERE

Once you've signed up, you it works like an online library. You can have access to three articles at a time, for 2 weeks, on your "shelf"--you don't get to save or print them, I don't think, but you can read them for FREE. When you're done with one, you "turn it back in" and can access another one.

I don't know what journals are in the 80% and what aren't, and I have institutional access through school so I'm not going to sign up yet. But if someone does sign up, please post feedback for the rest of us so we know what's available.

Journals to check of note for the forum would be:

Monumenta Nipponica
Journal of Japanese Studies
Harvard Journal of Asiatic Studies
Journal of Asian Studies

Monumenta Serica
Journal of Military History (few Japan articles, but I'd be interested to know...)

Others should feel free to add journal titles for which they'd want to check availability.

Daijo Daijin Emeritus
退職させていただきます。

Maikeruart
Rice Farmer
Rice Farmer
Maikeruart
Rice Farmer
Rice Farmer

7:43 PM - Jan 21, 2018 #2

I seriously ever considered looking at monumenta nipponica on JSTOR. We get a free access at work. And as a MA citizen.

kitsuno
Izu no kami
Izu no kami
kitsuno
Izu no kami
Izu no kami

8:00 PM - Jan 21, 2018 #3

I have JSTOR access through my school, but I have to use this every now and then because ironically I can get some articles through this that I can't get through my academic affiliation.