Wacky Fanfiction

WackyGoofball
Oathkeeper
Oathkeeper

Sep 23rd, '15, 17:24 #1

I must admit that I am still a total newbie to this forum, and my fangirling over Game of Thrones and JB only bubbled up very late, and now I fangirl ever the more. I reckon the intensity makes up for the late start.

In any case, I will just leave the info here that I have two fanfics for Jaime/Brienne action going, which can be found on FF.net (here and and here) as well as AO3 (here).

Lena G was already so kind to recommend my story, for which I am still deeply lost in gratitude

The one I started with was Childhood Friends, which goes under the premise that Jaime and Brienne are roughly the same age and grow to be, title says it, childhood friends, after Lord Selwyn comes to Casterly Rock with his daughter in tow. From there, their relationship develops over the years.
I gave the warning that it's slightly OOC-ish, but since this is AU, I took the liberty to alter the characters a bit, since I believe that they would have changed each other in significant ways, had they met earlier on in their lives.
I actually got the idea from my other fanfic, where my fanfic-Jaime asked himself at one point how his life would have changed if he had known and befriended someone like Brienne when he was still young. And that's how it started...

The other one, Choices, was actually the first fanfic I started when it comes to JB-action, but I wasn't ready to post until I was well into the Childhood Friends fic already. The story goes under the premise that Jaime and Brienne, after the events of Harrenhal, actually had sex, which leaves Brienne pregnant with Jaime's child. And now the two have to figure out how they want to deal with this new situation.
This relies on canon happenings for many parts, but it diverges in different ways.

Well, that's it from my side. Maybe some of you are looking for something of the like, you are more than welcome to read and rant about it

ETA: I will add here a (growing) list of all JB fanfics so that they are at the top of the page (I'll just stick to the AO3 links here - you can find them on FF.net under the same names (once they are completed - I basically stopped updating on most fanfics safe for Choices on FF.net and decided that I will only post them in their entirety there once they are done and I find the time to upload them there (because there system is jus bananas compared to Ao3)):

Childhood Friends

Choices

Colour Verses

Red Shoes

One Moment

Unplanned

In the Light of a Candle

Paths

The NOT AS BADASS AS A PTERODACTYL Diner

Her Story

Doesn't Mean Anything

Warmth

Chicken Dance

Glue

Washed Away

Bow Down

Scrabble

Christmas Lost and Found: A Tale of Christmas Fairs, Christmas Madness, Christmas Carols, Mistletoes, and a Bit of Fluff

Cuts and Other Complications

Bones and Happy Endings

The Rules of the New Year

The Mystery of the Flower Bouquet

Road Trip

Exit Routes

Only Knights Left Alive

Train Acquaintances

April Fools

Don't Stretch Your Luck

Sleepless

Freddy the Frog

A Tale of Spring

The Jewels that Bind

In the Eyes of the Seven

Alternatives

The Scent of a New Self

The Kingslayer's Spot

Drunk in Wench Land

Red Flood

A New Kind of Normal

Club Date

May the Norns Bind Their Fate

Now also slowly but surely rising from the realm of non-fic to actual fic, The Shredding Project:

Little Blue Riding Hood

The Ghosts of Christmas Eve

Lady Hawk

Additional note:

Complete fanfics:

Childhood Friends; Colour Verses; Red Shoes; Unplanned; In the Light of a Candle; The NOT AS BADASS AS A PTERODACTYL Diner (that autocorrect tho); Her Story; Doesn't Mean Anything; Warmth; Chicken Dance; Glue; Scrabble; Christmas Lost and Found: A Tale of Christmas Fairs, Christmas Madness, Christmas Carols, Mistletoes, and a Bit of Fluff; Cuts and Other Complications; Bones and Happy Endings; The Rules of the New Year; The Mystery of the Flower Bouquet; Road Trip; Exit Routes; April Fools; Freddy the Frog; Alternatives; The Scent of a New Self; The Ghosts of Christmas Eve; The Kingslayer's Spot; Red Flood; A Tale of Spring; A New Kind of Normal; Drunk in Wench Land; and Club Date.
dundundundun-dundundundun-dundundundun-dundundundun-dedundundundun-dundundundun-DOOWEEOO-WEEOO-OO-DOO-DOO-DOO-DOO-DOO-DE-DOO
Tumblr Twitter AO3 FF.net

Lena G
Kingslayer
Kingslayer

Sep 23rd, '15, 22:12 #2

welcome! as you might have guessed, i really like both of your stories glad you found your way here

WackyGoofball
Oathkeeper
Oathkeeper

Sep 23rd, '15, 22:53 #3

Aw, thank you! And I am glad that you showed me the way here. This is FUN.

I will take some time to dig through all the rabbit holes, but I love them all dearly already.
dundundundun-dundundundun-dundundundun-dundundundun-dedundundundun-dundundundun-DOOWEEOO-WEEOO-OO-DOO-DOO-DOO-DOO-DOO-DE-DOO

WackyGoofball
Oathkeeper
Oathkeeper

Sep 29th, '15, 08:47 #4

Just as a little update for those interested: My first fanfic Childhood Friends is now completed!

To me that is really a surprise because I tend not to finish stories... so yay!

WackyGoofball
Oathkeeper
Oathkeeper

Oct 1st, '15, 14:45 #5

A short note on writing processes:

I come to realize that writing fanfiction for Game of Thrones is a lot more confusing than some other fictions, especially once you actually dive into the world of political intrigues. So many subplots, so many people hating each other, so many people plotting against those plotting plots against their plots... myahhhhh.

Since I am now digging my way through my second fanfiction with full force, I am left with my Wall of Madness, thank you Sherlock Holmes from Elementary:

I hoped it would help me figure out how I want to plot the plot, but I don't know if it will. Maybe I need more sticky notes or sparkly gel markers...

I'm still kinda proud of it. It's colorful!

Mikki
Evenstar
Evenstar

Oct 1st, '15, 14:59 #6

I love that Wacky, LOVE IT.
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating. - Ashleigh Brilliant

WackyGoofball
Oathkeeper
Oathkeeper

Oct 1st, '15, 15:02 #7

Thank you! I am especially proud of the important plot elements like "teats" and "people dying" and "Cersei = b****" to always bear in mind in the GoT universe. Those really help a great deal lol

WackyGoofball
Oathkeeper
Oathkeeper

Oct 6th, '15, 16:32 #8

As part of the JB Appreciation Week, quite a few fics crept their way out of the ether of my mind into the realm of existence, if only in digital form

It's grouped together under Colour Verses on Ao3.

So, in order of publication, it goes as follows:

The first is The Colours of Uncertainty. Jaime and Brienne are in King's Landing. There is a lesson about compliments - and hence overcoming personal insecurities. This was for the Day 1: Blue challenge.
It can be found on AO3 and FF.net.

The second is Red Fever. Jaime and Brienne are on the way to King's Landing. Brienne stays away from the camp. Jaime goes looking for her. Things happen, as always. This was part of the Day 2: Red challenge.
It can be found AO3 and FF.net likewise. Mikki was so kind to also let it tumble through Tumblr.

The third is Red Shoes, which I only finished on the day the green banners were already flapping in the wind, but somehow this popped into my head and wouldn't leave until I banned it on digital paper. It's a modern world AU where Brienne goes on a blind date, which ends in a disaster until she bumps into a certain blond man full of gorgeous and things develop from there.
Once again, it can be found on AO3 and FF.net.

Today, I wrapped up the Day 3: Green challenge where I set Brienne and Jaime yet again on the quest to King's Landing. When they go to a small town to spend the night, things don't go as planned, as always The story is called Green Expectations. Reference to Great Expectations not intended, at least I found no link
And another time, I let the story ghost through AO3 the same way I let it haunt JB-shippers on FF.net.

More to come tomorrow!

WackyGoofball
Oathkeeper
Oathkeeper

Oct 7th, '15, 21:12 #9

Aaaaaaand the next color found its way into my fic-palette!

Gold is the color of the day - yay!

I named it Golden Possibility - and can be found on AO3 and FF.net - as always

Jaime and Brienne are in his room, now that they are in King's Landing. Brienne inspects his golden hand. The two talk about other possibilities. And things, let's say, develop further from there.

As one of my readers on AO3 was so kind to point out to me, it appears as though the oneshots I write can actually be read as belonging together in some way, other than the color-theme, really. I reckon this one actually fits in well. I will keep investigating if my mind didn't breed out yet another multi-chapter story when I actually set my mind on oneshots

This challenge is A-mazing.

WackyGoofball
Oathkeeper
Oathkeeper

Oct 8th, '15, 14:40 #10

Aaaaaaand the next color joined the fanfic palette.

Black is the colour of the day and the colour of my little evil mind.

The story is titled Black Silk.

As always, you can find the story on AO3 and FF.net.

It's the last night before Jaime and Brienne reach King's Landing. Jaime can't sleep, thinking about what awaits him in the Red Keep, leaving him with what could be called a panic attack.

But for what you have a Brienne of Tarth, right?

This challenge is so much fun, I cannot say it often enough.

WackyGoofball
Oathkeeper
Oathkeeper

Oct 10th, '15, 16:33 #11

OMG, it's already the last day of the Appreciation Week *weeps*

I want this to continue, like, forever.

Anyway, I couldn't post my JB Appreciation Week Day 6: Silver contribution until today. Real life called me

Yet, I managed to finish two today.

The first one is Song of Steel and is practically a continuation of Golden Possibility.

I had to realize that I am apparently incapable of writing oneshots without connecting them in some way, which is why almost all color appreciations are now part of the series Colour Verses, where you can also find them in the right order.

Anyways, Song of Steel portrays Jaime and Brienne being together in the Red Keep, and Jaime clarifying things between him and Cersei - and hence Brienne likewise. However, then canon shoots a cannon with Joffrey's "I gurgle on my guts and bleed out of my eyes because I am a sadistic little shit and don't deserve better or likely even worse"-routine and Sansa's subsequent disappearance. The two have to say goodbye.

It can be found on AO3 and FF.net.

The second one White Honour, who could have guessed, is then the continuation of Song of Steel. Jaime is in King's Landing while Brienne is already out on the quest to find Sansa. Jaime talks to Tyrion in the prison cell - and makes some life-changing decisions (also, btw, I diverge from canon even further here).

This one ghosts through the same portals, so AO3 and FF.net are the usual suspects once more

Well, if you want to know if they end up together at last... you'll have to read lol.

This Appreciation Week is soooooo much fun, just as was/is (hopefully still) this colour challenge.

I don't want to stop, like, ever lol.

WackyGoofball
Oathkeeper
Oathkeeper

Oct 11th, '15, 02:00 #12

Quick update, a few more chapters for Red Shoes are up now. I just couldn't bring myself to leave off with the story just yet... That will always be the struggle for me

WackyGoofball
Oathkeeper
Oathkeeper

Oct 12th, '15, 23:10 #13

So, I have started my second Modern AU JB fanfic, which turned darker than anything I have written so far, much darker.

The title is One Moment and can be found on AO3 and FF.net.

I don't know where I will take this story, since it's still in the early stages of development, but it wouldn't leave me until I wrote some pages.

Jaime and Brienne are a couple and on the way home after they were out for dinner to celebrate Jaime's promotion, but things go south when they are mugged, leaving Jaime to cope with a great loss he doesn't know how to deal with, and Brienne likewise, seeing him suffer through it.

WackyGoofball
Oathkeeper
Oathkeeper

Oct 18th, '15, 22:08 #14

Short note: I posted a few new chapters on Choices, for those who read the fanfic

I decided to go with what I had planned, after my Wall of Madness left me... mad. Though it gave me some ideas about conspiracies and helped me get some connections straight. Trying to keep in-tune with canon somehow is haaaard.

So I can only recommend it (especially to those who have a thing for Elementary )

WackyGoofball
Oathkeeper
Oathkeeper

Oct 19th, '15, 14:28 #15

Three more chapters for Choices are up now!

For all those interested.

WackyGoofball
Oathkeeper
Oathkeeper

Oct 21st, '15, 14:07 #16

For those interested, two more chapters of Choices are up now!

This fic will be LONG.

WackyGoofball
Oathkeeper
Oathkeeper

Oct 23rd, '15, 12:58 #17

Next chapter for Choices is up now

WackyGoofball
Oathkeeper
Oathkeeper

Nov 16th, '15, 20:10 #18

Two more chapters of Choices are up now!

I have a feeling that two more might follow soon *wriggling eyebrows*

WackyGoofball
Oathkeeper
Oathkeeper

Jan 18th, '16, 01:31 #19

I am taking a silent moment to cherish the moment that I managed to get a friggin' chapter done for friggin' Choices after my latest attempts at writing fanfiction resulted in me staring at the damned word document for hours, only to close it and check tumblr instead.

This writer's block is killing me, slowly. The bitch. I call the writer's block Cersei from now on.

I hope to post two more chapters soon... just like I hope I get forward in any significant way.

WackyGoofball
Oathkeeper
Oathkeeper

Feb 29th, '16, 18:13 #20

So, I've managed to wrap up a oneshot after only the Seven will know how long, and gifted it to dearest Mikki.

The title is Unplanned.

It's for the books for the first time, even if I only roughly base it on it, but only use the setting. Jaime and Brienne are on the way up North. Beer. Talk... I guess you can guess the rest.

The Link hereby.

WackyGoofball
Oathkeeper
Oathkeeper

Mar 3rd, '16, 14:20 #21

So, yay, wrapped up another oneshot in book-canon style, named In the Light of a Candle.

Link hereby.

It's the kind of cotton candy fluff I personally needed... and made reality the headcanon I already made for one of my fanart thingies.

I hope it'll get forward with the multi-chapter stuff still out there any time soon, but I can't make any promises. The writer's block... she's my bitch.

WackyGoofball
Oathkeeper
Oathkeeper

Mar 4th, '16, 11:37 #22

So I've decided to start posting my SWAT/ G.I. Jane inspired Mod!AU with Brienne as a recruit for King's Landing's Special Forces team which is led by... well, you can probably guess who it is.

I named it Paths.

It's a multi-chaptered work, and I hope to get some more chapters out there soon.

I don't know where exactly I'm heading with this, but, ugh... I want to get it out there instead of staring at it in my word document.

Anyway, the Link hereby.

WackyGoofball
Oathkeeper
Oathkeeper

Apr 7th, '16, 19:44 #23

A new chapter for One Moment finally found its way out of my head! Yay! Writer's blocks still suck!!!!!!!!!

I still hope that I get forward on Premiere fic now, but I can't make any promises. It's going so slow. I hope that maybe now that I managed this chapter (which kept floating around my head for so long now) will give me a boost.

ETA: There are two short fics out there that I seemingly forgot to make a post for, so I am just putting them here (aside from what you can find in the list at the top of the page). They are both part of a (growing) tumblr fic collection I coined Tumblr Medley, which includes 3 fics up to date:

The Dragon Diner,

Her Story, and

Warmth.

Mikki
Evenstar
Evenstar

Apr 7th, '16, 19:53 #24

Oh SWEET! I'm going to save it to read tonight! Thank you so much Wacky.
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating. - Ashleigh Brilliant

WackyGoofball
Oathkeeper
Oathkeeper

May 22nd, '16, 21:06 #25

Thank you for enjoying this despite irregular update times (like... once every Winter...)

Anywho, I guess the day was more or less productive: 3 of the fics on the board are now available on AO3, after I finally brought myself to editing them.

First, premiere fic, woohoo! The name is Doesn't Mean Anything and is available on Ao3.

Then there is the fic Warmth which is based on the prompt I got on tumblr which was accompanied by drawing Jaime and Brienne kissing one distant morning on the way to the Wall...

Aaaand... Chicken Dance - the story of how Jaime wore a chicken costume like Nik did... and how Brienne found that oh so thrilling... Gee crappers, how did that happen? I still can't believe it, LOL. Mikki, what have we done???

Last but not least, I have updated on Choices after Gods know how long. I couldn't decide which way to go... and now I am so fed up with myself that I will just roll with my original idea, for better or worse, we'll see. I just have to get out of the friggin' writer's block somehow. This is driving me nuts, pecan nuts!